Xbox Series X news info - Digital Foundry article/video and techdemo of QuickResume

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FLOP

This system is gonna be a little beast.  

I'll be hyped when they start showing off the games. Can't get hyped over Xbox specs because I guess its been a discussion for months now and most of the speculation lines up. Show. Me. The. Games. I

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Really fucking stupid.. because then you'll have people wondering why they can't install their PS5 games on their expanded storage :drake: 

Not all NVMe SSDs are equal. :shrug:  Being a "specs nerd" it's obvious you don't realize the difference in specification regarding PCIe 3.0 vs. PCIe 4.0. Sony has been generous in regards to storage for a very long time. That's why I'm not surprised in the least that Microsoft continues to fuck their customers. :reg: 

7 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

So with the compression factor I read the amount of data it can handle in one second with the SSD is 6gbps.

IO Throughput 2.4GB/s (Raw), 4.8GB/s (Compressed)
14 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't see Sony allowing any SSD in the PS5 that isn't their own tech and PS5 brand imo.

These companies need to stop having us buy their proprietary garbage. Buying an 8mb memory card for $35 on ps2 or $130 for a 100gb hard drive on 360 was just ass raping robbery. That’s how these companies make their money 

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The PS5 thirst is real. Everyone is just using X to predict PS5 specs and features lol.

Come on Sony you suck. Give us info.

There's already quite a bit of information available on PS5, most of which, is similar in functionality as what we're hearing about Xbox Series X today. It's just a matter of Sony confirming it all.

6 minutes ago, Delita said:

These companies need to stop having us buy their proprietary garbage. Buying an 8mb memory card for $35 on ps2 or $130 for a 100gb hard drive on 360 was just ass raping robbery. That’s how these companies make their money 

Nintendo allows us to use the MicroSD cards :love:

Also, hasn't Sony allowed users to install SSD since PS3? And I imagine that both the XSeX/PS5 will allow for games on an external drive like this gen?

43 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Not all NVMe SSDs are equal. :shrug:  Being a "specs nerd" it's obvious you don't realize the difference in specification regarding PCIe 3.0 vs. PCIe 4.0. Sony has been generous in regards to storage for a very long time. That's why I'm not surprised in the least that Microsoft continues to fuck their customers. :reg: 

:drake: 

18 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The PS5 thirst is real. Everyone is just using X to predict PS5 specs and features lol.

Come on Sony you suck. Give us info.

They have nothing good to announce compared to what MS is doing. It's obvious

13 minutes ago, Delita said:

It's the price you pay for having better than the average PC shit... :shrug: 

The developers worked with Epic Games in getting UE4 operating on Series X, then simply upped all of the internal quality presets to the equivalent of PC's ultra, adding improved contact shadows and UE4's brand-new (software-based) ray traced screen-space global illumination. On top of that, Gears 5's cutscenes - running at 30fps on Xbox One X - were upped to a flawless 60fps. We'll be covering more on this soon, but there was one startling takeaway - we were shown benchmark results that, on this two-week-old, unoptimised port, already deliver very, very similar performance to an RTX 2080."

10 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The developers worked with Epic Games in getting UE4 operating on Series X, then simply upped all of the internal quality presets to the equivalent of PC's ultra, adding improved contact shadows and UE4's brand-new (software-based) ray traced screen-space global illumination. On top of that, Gears 5's cutscenes - running at 30fps on Xbox One X - were upped to a flawless 60fps. We'll be covering more on this soon, but there was one startling takeaway - we were shown benchmark results that, on this two-week-old, unoptimised port, already deliver very, very similar performance to an RTX 2080."

I tried telling Dark that lmao... math don't lie. :shrug: 

"Memory performance is asymmetrical - it's not something we could have done with the PC," explains Andrew Goossen "10 gigabytes of physical memory [runs at] 560GB/s. We call this GPU optimal memory. Six gigabytes [runs at] 336GB/s. We call this standard memory. GPU optimal and standard offer identical performance for CPU audio and file IO. The only hardware component that sees a difference in the GPU."

In terms of how the memory is allocated, games get a total of 13.5GB in total, which encompasses all 10GB of GPU optimal memory and 3.5GB of standard memory. This leaves 2.5GB of GDDR6 memory from the slower pool for the operating system and the front-end shell. From Microsoft's perspective, it is still a unified memory system, even if performance can vary. "In conversations with developers, it's typically easy for games to more than fill up their standard memory quota with CPU, audio data, stack data, and executable data, script data, and developers like such a trade-off when it gives them more potential bandwidth," says Goossen.