• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Me and spic are the only ones who maintained faith.

Xbox 360 time bitches!

:drake:

360 was the weaker console but the more efficiently designed system developer friendly system. 

We have yet to know which between the two (PS5 and Xsex) are more developer friendly. 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Here's the real bullet points, not this 100 games only bullshit. 

• Sony tested 100 of the most-played PS4 games and found most of them ran straight out of the box with boost mode and should be ready for launch.
  • PS5 is too fast for certain titles though.
  • Boost mode happens naturally as a result of playing on the PS5 but this boost cannot be handled by certain games due to their code which is why they need to be tested and tweaked individually to ensure boost mode works but results have been "excellent".
  • Rest of the PS4 games will run through legacy mode (essentially the same as it is on the PS4).

That's a bit better then... but only a bit.

Still seems messy and nothing is guaranteed to run properly :shaq2:

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Eh.. not sure about that... but that's got to be a big disappointment to a lot of the PS fanboys out there.

We all expected PS4 games to just work... anyone who say's they weren't is lying.

This, I was looking forward to just sell my PS4 Pro but I guess I'll have to hold on to it 

Cows are dishonest slobs though can't expect the truth from them :lemming:

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Yea, I think so.

If MS could hit with the right games around launch... they could swing a few.  It will take years of solid consistency though to really make a difference.

With all those devs they swallowed they should be able to have a strong first two years, hopefully.

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I remember reading about BC comparability issues with Pro before launch, and as we know there were zero problems with boost included. So probably there is no worry.

The clock speeds are insane though, I wonder what a 2.23ghz boost mode can do for certain games.

It can give you 1.8TF less performance than Series X's GPU.. under the best circumstances :shrug: 

Edited by Remij_
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

That ain't the issue. X will increase S game ress by 4x so a 900p game becomes 1800p and they have that auto HDR mode support for old games.

PS5 just has a lame boost mode.

Oh I see what you mean.  I thought you were talking about PS5 games.. my bad.

It's probably going to never boost to that high for BC mode.

Edited by Remij_
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Gotta agree.  And talking about ears for 10min at the end didn't help :hest: 

True. 

But remember this was supposed to be a Game Developer only presentation initially. 

Not a games showcase. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

True. 

But remember this was supposed to be a Game Developer only presentation initially. 

Not a games showcase. 

It's still the first presentation of the hardware to the general public.  It would be better digested if it was shown off, rather than just tech talk.

People are already confused over this BC shit.  Different "boost modes" "legacy mode", some titles yes and others no... ect ect

MS on the other hand says.. all your XO, 360, and OG games will work, will have resolution increases and load faster.

Jesus... the difference is staggering. :D 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's still the first presentation of the hardware to the general public.  It would be better digested if it was shown off, rather than just tech talk.

They would have had to push this back further to prepare a showcase. 

Get the tech shit out the way first and then show the games down the road. 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

People are already confused over this BC shit.  Different "boost modes" "legacy mode", some titles yes and others no... ect ect

MS on the other hand says.. all your XO, 360, and OG games will work, will have resolution increases and load faster.

Jesus... the difference is staggering. :D 

You sound more confused than any of them. Not even 1/4 of 360 or OG games will work like you think they will. Unless they changed something? 

Edited by lynux3