• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, I figure those would boost interaction 

20TF+ and 7GB/s SSDs  

Just now, Goukosan said:

No dumb ass... I was talking about proprietary vs non proprietary. 

You numb nuts were saying there was no other option for consoles.... guess what surprise surprise... you were wrong again. 

Proprietary will be more expensive no matter how you spin it.

That was my point. 

Sony already got burned twice by using proprietary cards on PSP and Vita.  Glad they learned their lesson. 

Now it's MS turned to get burned :drake:

There currently IS no other option :drake: 

7.0GB/s drives aren't going to be cheap either...

Just now, Remij_ said:

Will still be cheaper than propriety.  Not only that prices will drop waaaay faster on non proprietary while propriety pricing stays higher for much longer. 

Those two things aren't really up for argument :shrug:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

lmao Cerny talking about people's ears and shit :D 

When you have the best headphones in the business and base your work off that... makes sense. :juggle: XM3s are the best. :dame: 

God that was boring, typical GDC style BS. Xbox is certainly has the raw power, but....here's my prediction:

PS5 will cuck the multiplat xbox games into looking identical to negate its hardware advantage. Xbox has no exclusive and won't have anything good for years. PS5 will come in cheaper and will outsell the shit of Dickbox for another gen. 

Bookmark it. :haloben:

Real talk... my takeaway.

God damn that SSD is fast.  5GB/s raw, and 9GB/s compressed..

That's crazy...

Both the CPU and GPU are "variable frequency" so I think what we're hearing here is a BEST case scenario, and that the typical figures are somewhat lower.  The CPU can be downclocked and feed more frequency to the GPU and vice versa when necessary.  How that will all work in practice remains to be seen, but still at 3.5GHz, the CPU is still worse off than the Series X even in the best case scenario.

I think the GPU likely wont hit that frequency too often... and it could really suck that some people have worse performance depending on their ambient temperature or entertainment setup.

The other thing of concern is that the Series X has far better memory bandwidth than the PS5.  448GB/s is kinda low.. but I guess all 16GB run at that speed.  Still.. I think MS has the better idea with a set amount being faster for games, and another amount slightly slower for OS and less necessary functions.

20 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nope, not at all. :scared: It won't matter when PCIe 5.0 comes out in a year or so based on industry standard.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

The other thing of concern is that the Series X has far better memory bandwidth than the PS5.  448GB/s is kinda low.. but I guess all 16GB run at that speed.  Still.. I think MS has the better idea with a set amount being faster for games, and another amount slightly slower for OS and less necessary functions.

This is the biggest spec issue with PS5. It's RAM bandwidth starved.