Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

RE3 is really good.  Overall I'm happy with it.. but it's undeniable that it could have been more.  Definitely not as good as RE2 Remake, but it is what it is.

I DO really like Jill's new character design though.  With the original S.T.A.R.S outfit she looks fucking perfect.  I really like Carlos in this game too and I wouldn't mind some Revelations type game with him as the main character.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE4 deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of games for its contributions to gaming. One of the most important games not just of its generation but of all-time.

Hating on RE4 Absolute plebs  

RE4 doesn’t need a remake. The original was so good any changes may end up making this one worse.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Daymare 1998 looks like shit. lol

Its low budget but it sincerely is a better RE game at its core. Its equivalent of Raccoon city for example is actually much larger and more intricately designed than the city in RE3, which feels like a insignificant rat maze in comparison.

Honestly, I'd go as far as to say that Capcom should seriously consider buying out the Daymare studio, expanding it, and having them do all the RE remakes.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, TLHBO said:

RE4 doesn’t need a remake. The original was so good any changes may end up making this one worse.

I love RE4 but the mechanics are dated and could use a facelift. The ending portion of the game could benefit from a redesign too, a little too action focused and could benefit from shifting to a more deliberate pace and flow that the first half of the game has.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I love RE4 but the mechanics are dated and could use a facelift. The ending portion of the game could benefit from a redesign too, a little too action focused and could benefit from shifting to a more deliberate pace and flow that the first half of the game has.

Nah, the island wasn't that bad. Although the QTE Krauser knife fight could be redone. I thought the fight against "It" was fun. It's mostly the castle that needs to be redone. The puzzles there weren't enjoyable and just seemed annoying to pad length. Also, the double gigante fight needs to go away. It was so stupid and all you had to do was pull the lever to drop them in lava.

1 minute ago, Ike said:

Nah, the island wasn't that bad. Although the QTE Krauser knife fight could be redone. I thought the fight against "It" was fun. It's mostly the castle that needs to be redone. The puzzles there weren't enjoyable and just seemed annoying to pad length. Also, the double gigante fight needs to go away. It was so stupid and all you had to do was pull the lever to drop them in lava.

The Castle? The Castle is one of the strongest parts of the game. Could it use some tweaking, sure, but every area can benefit from tweaking.

The Island though, its a huge difference in tone compared to everything before and I would like to see a complete redesign. The game just goes, "Herr iz all teh ammoz, pew pew deez bitches ded". Does the Island have high points? Yeah, but not many of them. Especially compared to everything before it.

7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

The Castle? The Castle is one of the strongest parts of the game. Could it use some tweaking, sure, but every area can benefit from tweaking.

The Island though, its a huge difference in tone compared to everything before and I would like to see a complete redesign. The game just goes, "Herr iz all teh ammoz, pew pew deez bitches ded". Does the Island have high points? Yeah, but not many of them. Especially compared to everything before it.

Nah, some of those long drawn out "puzzles" in the castle where you just had to activate levers all while managing Ashley wasn't fun. Also, Salazar was annoying and his boss fight was mediocre. Mendez in the village was much more intimidating. I'd also want a retooling of the Sadler end boss. The maze was pretty cool in the castle, as were the deaf enemies with the claws. Overall though, Village>Island>Castle. I will say though, the typical enemy got worse as the time went on. The mercenaries by the end on the island did suck.

RE4 is a game that can be cut down significantly. And I say this is as someone who just put it at #3 in their favorite games of all time list in Casual's thread lol.

Stuff to cut out, off the top of my head:

- Catapult section at start of castle (Castle)

- section where you have to protect Ashley in big open room as she goes to flip switches (Castle)

- giant statue room, cut it completely (moving platforms + QTE escape from statue) (Castle)

-  reduce Helicopter section of Island base to like 5 minutes max

Overall RE4 should be cut down from 15 hours to 12 and be better for it.

8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

QTEs can just fuck off period. Outdated as fuck design that has no place in any RE game. RE4 included them because they were the thing at the time but fuck that shit today.

Or even worse in an action game. Reason why I hated Bayonetta tbh