Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE4 deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of games for its contributions to gaming. One of the most important games not just of its generation but of all-time.

Hating on RE4 Absolute plebs  

RE4 doesn’t need a remake. The original was so good any changes may end up making this one worse.

They could do literally anything and the continuity this game has with the rest of the franchise wouldn't change, it's a shitty Resident Evil game. It's a cash grab, they're targeting the most prolific games rather than logically executing them in order which tells me they don't really give a fuck. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The game is just beat to death, how many re-releases has it had? Legit like 8-12?

More like ports. GC, PS2, Wii, PS3, 360, PC, PS4, Xone, Switch (?).

Hey, maybe they will turn it into a real survival horror this time, the village intro could be scary if done right. RE4 turns into a goofy action game fast, maybe a change of tone would be nice, if they try to replicate the game too faithfully its just gonna suck though, especially if the gameplay isnt up to par with the OG.

I would have preferred Code Veronica.. but if they can manage to fix the shit show that is RE4, then that's fine too.  Hopefully they change it up quite a bit and make the ridiculous characters a bit less so.

Hopefully it's a fully next gen game too. 

Hopefully they can completely retool the castle section. It got so bloated but there were some cool enemies. Also, just cut the boss fight with the double gigantes. It was stupid and unnecessary. I’ll still play it anyways. 

10 minutes ago, -GD- said:

That Napoleon-looking fuck was awful. 

Yep.  Fucking stupid.  Now is their chance to change it up and fix the outright stupid shit.

8 minutes ago, Ike said:

Hopefully they can completely retool the castle section. It got so bloated but there were some cool enemies. Also, just cut the boss fight with the double gigantes. It was stupid and unnecessary. I’ll still play it anyways. 

Agreed.  They need to completely retool that section.  It could be an amazing opportunity to focus more on the Village and surroundings aspect, and then make the castle more in design like the Spencer mansion where it's more like a puzzle box with some big set pieces.

This is the one game I hope they change up and bring more in line with the others.