Capcom is working on a Resident Evil 4 remake

I think capcom should just ditch resident evil and dante and street fighter for a while.  make something entirely new.  Also, why come controllers didn't change at all this new gen.  We need another Wii nintendo psyconaught flip!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RE4 deserves to be on the Mount Rushmore of games for its contributions to gaming. One of the most important games not just of its generation but of all-time.

Hating on RE4 Absolute plebs  

RE4 doesn’t need a remake. The original was so good any changes may end up making this one worse.

7 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I think capcom should just ditch resident evil and dante and street fighter for a while.  make something entirely new.  Also, why come controllers didn't change at all this new gen.  We need another Wii nintendo psyconaught flip!

They have so many series that deserves a revival, but Capcom likes to play it safe. 

Like instead of another Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom, Id prefer to see a new Darkstalkers or even something nicher like a new Power Stone game.

I mean, why the hell not? Capcom used to produce a lot of different IPs, that was always one of their strength. I mean if they had kept making the same IPs over and over, they would have never made Monster Hunter, which has been so far their biggest success. Instead wed be getting infinite sequels of Megaman and Final Fight. DMC is also another series that started by taking risks and now its one of their staple franchise.

Capcom needs to grow a pair. 

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Ramza said:

They have so many series that deserves a revival, but Capcom likes to play it safe. 

Like instead of another Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom, Id prefer to see a new Darkstalkers or even something nicher like a new Power Stone game.

I mean, why the hell not? Capcom used to produce a lot of different IPs, that was always one of their strength. I mean if they had kept making the same IPs over and over, they would have never made Monster Hunter, which has been so far their biggest success. Instead wed be getting infinite sequels of Megaman and Final Fight. DMC is also another series that started by taking risks and now its one of their staple franchise.

Capcom needs to grow a pair. 

I just want them to make some new ass genre or game period. obvy they can make 3rd person action.  I dunno.  How come controllers are the same next gen.  ;(  

Also I want an RPG that truly takes advantage of NPCs.  the one I'm playing has excellent cinemetography.  and battles. but NPCs are just.. trash and liter.  Something dope like, mystery gossip friend, and networking and all quests and story running organically through a web of NPCs relationships.  

48 minutes ago, kokujin said:

I just want them to make some new ass genre or game period. obvy they can make 3rd person action.  I dunno.  How come controllers are the same next gen.  ;(  

Also I want an RPG that truly takes advantage of NPCs.  the one I'm playing has excellent cinemetography.  and battles. but NPCs are just.. trash and liter.  Something dope like, mystery gossip friend, and networking and all quests and story running organically through a web of NPCs relationships.  

Yeah sure, new IPs are welcome. They had more balls last gen with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Dragon Dogma, etc. All new series that didnt all work but hell, Dead Rising 1 is one of my favorite game of all time.

Dino Crisis - just a shittier RE with lame dinosaurs

MVC - They have to pay a dumb license to marvel for their shitty cuck ip and characters, no point when Street Fighter is abetter game

Dead Rising - Franchise gutted, casualized, and cucked by Canadian D-Rate devs, i.p damaged beyond repair

Powerstone - Besides the  DreamCast snobs, nobody even knows what this is, let alone plays 4 player brawlers on PS4/Xbone. It'd need to be a switch exclusive which would then mean it gets destroyed by Smash Bros.

The only franchise Capcom has that really needs a sequel is Okami, they just don't have a dev that can do it right now.

Let's just enjoy how Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil are all on top. :juggle: 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

i want onimusha to come back :mjgrin:

everyone does. but i have a feeling if they "reboot" the series and that's what they gonna do, it will be a shitty souls clone. 

but a new onimusha 1-3 style would be :blessed:  we can only dream. I also would like to see deep down tbh :mjgrin: 

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

Dino Crisis - just a shittier RE with lame dinosaurs

MVC - They have to pay a dumb license to marvel for their shitty cuck ip and characters, no point when Street Fighter is abetter game

Dead Rising - Franchise gutted, casualized, and cucked by Canadian D-Rate devs, i.p damaged beyond repair

Powerstone - Besides the  DreamCast snobs, nobody even knows what this is, let alone plays 4 player brawlers on PS4/Xbone. It'd need to be a switch exclusive which would then mean it gets destroyed by Smash Bros.

The only franchise Capcom has that really needs a sequel is Okami, they just don't have a dev that can do it right now.

Let's just enjoy how Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil are all on top. :juggle: 

You have no imagination. A revival of any franchise could have a lot of impact by bringing a more fresh take on the series, a new Dead Rising made internally at Capcom Japan, a high budget Dino Crisis with the RE engine, a new Onimusha with the RE engine and a third person perspective, tons of fighting games series other than SF or MVC.

Nicher stuff with no worldwide appeal like Powerstone or Final Fight or Phoenix Wright or Viewtiful Jow, whatever, would make great PSN XBLA budget titles to appease the core fanbase, AA productions basically. Like the new Mega Man they released this gen at $30. Low risks and low acclaims but please a certain part of the fanbase.

Why only sticks to the big titles? Okami was a commercial flop at launch by the way, pretty much killed Clover Studio. Anyway, I agree with a new Okami, hell Id take any attempt a revival. You never know. Its better than just MH, RE, SF, DMC.

Clover was amazing, God Hand, Okami, Viewtiful Joe. Were talking about Capcom here, their portfolio is so vast, it rivals the likes of Nintendo and youd want them to stick to 3 IPs basically. No insight.

46 minutes ago, kaz said:

everyone does. but i have a feeling if they "reboot" the series and that's what they gonna do, it will be a shitty souls clone. 

but a new onimusha 1-3 style would be :blessed:  we can only dream. I also would like to see deep down tbh :mjgrin: 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Warlords remaster flopped and served as the final nail in the coffin for the series. I know I did my part and bought it, I hope yo ass did too :mjgrin:

56 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You have no imagination. A revival of any franchise could have a lot of impact by bringing a more fresh take on the series, a new Dead Rising made internally at Capcom Japan, a high budget Dino Crisis with the RE engine, a new Onimusha with the RE engine and a third person perspective, tons of fighting games series other than SF or MVC.

Nicher stuff with no worldwide appeal like Powerstone or Final Fight or Phoenix Wright or Viewtiful Jow, whatever, would make great PSN XBLA budget titles to appease the core fanbase, AA productions basically. Like the new Mega Man they released this gen at $30. Low risks and low acclaims but please a certain part of the fanbase.

Why only sticks to the big titles? Okami was a commercial flop at launch by the way, pretty much killed Clover Studio. Anyway, I agree with a new Okami, hell Id take any attempt a revival. You never know. Its better than just MH, RE, SF, DMC.

Clover was amazing, God Hand, Okami, Viewtiful Joe. Were talking about Capcom here, their portfolio is so vast, it rivals the likes of Nintendo and youd want them to stick to 3 IPs basically. No insight.

capcom doesnt have the manpower to branch out like that anymore. kamiya, mikami, inafune were key people involved with games like okami, vj, god hand, dead rising etc and theyre long gone. the biggest name designer they have is itsuno. dead rising and lost planet had to eventually be outsourced to westerners and sf was to dimps. final fight was also outsourced to westerners back in the ps2 days before it died.

today, basically the same 300 people make every big capcom game (dmc, mh, re), so making dino crisis, onimusha, power stone, darkstalkers, etc means not making on their big safe cash cow ips. it sucks but is understandable.

11 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

capcom doesnt have the manpower to branch out like that anymore. kamiya, mikami, inafune were key people involved with games like okami, vj, god hand, dead rising etc and theyre long gone. the biggest name designer they have is itsuno. dead rising and lost planet had to eventually be outsourced to westerners and sf was to dimps. final fight was also outsourced to westerners back in the ps2 days before it died.

today, basically the same 300 people make every big capcom game (dmc, mh, re), so making dino crisis, onimusha, power stone, darkstalkers, etc means not making on their big safe cash cow ips. it sucks but is understandable.

Meh, some new talented guy will come up the position with something if you give them the resources and the IPs required. Capcom is doing great without all these legendary producers and directors atm despite all my complains right now, imo.

RE7, RE2 remake, RE3 remake, DMCV, SFV, MHW are all up the quality I expect from Capcom. Didnt need Kamiya and Shinji Mikami. lol Not like they are doing that great with The Evil Within and Scalebound by themselves right now. lol

They have the money to expand anyway, all their latest games have been selling great, plus a constant stream of ports and remasters, now remakes too. lol Capcom is really strong.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah sure, new IPs are welcome. They had more balls last gen with Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Dragon Dogma, etc. All new series that didnt all work but hell, Dead Rising 1 is one of my favorite game of all time.

vanquish too, right?  ya you right, they did try. I guess that's dope. I wouldn't mind a hella attempt at Lost Planet again. I will pass on the Zombies lol. I barely watched The Walkng Dead (finally). It was actually all right. Ya know, actually, a new 3d megaman could be dope.. 

I wnna see Capcom make an RPG!!

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Meh, some new talented guy will come up the position with something if you give them the resources and the IPs required. Capcom is doing great without all these legendary producers and directors atm despite all my complains right now, imo.

RE7, RE2 remake, RE3 remake, DMCV, SFV, MHW are all up the quality I expect from Capcom. Didnt need Kamiya and Shinji Mikami. lol Not like they are doing that great with The Evil Within and Scalebound by themselves right now. lol

They have the money to expand anyway, all their latest games have been selling great, plus a constant stream of ports and remasters, now remakes too. lol Capcom is really strong.

well those guys were responsible for new creative ip, like dmc, god hand, okami, vj, dead rising, etc. that you were lamenting the absence of just 1 post ago lol. meanwhile the only new thing itsuno has come up with is dragons dogma (talk about meh). super meh @ inferior re remakes up the a too.

and i doubt capcom has money for any significant expansion. they never seem to be as financially stable as you would think.

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You had me until you said RE3 remake :mj: 

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

well those guys were responsible for new creative ip, like dmc, god hand, okami, vj, dead rising, etc. that you were lamenting the absence of just 1 post ago lol. meanwhile the only new thing itsuno has come up with is dragons dogma (talk about meh). super meh @ inferior re remakes up the a too.

and i doubt capcom has money for any significant expansion. they never seem to be as financially stable as you would think.

No shit, Im asking for new IPs or at least attempt at revival of dormant franchises.

Im no expert on the management of Capcom anyway. lol

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

You had me until you said RE3 remake :mj: 

:sabu:

Im enjoying the game still and havent finished it yet, Jill just woke up at the Hospital. Still fun times in its own rights.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I would have probably enjoyed RE3 more if I hadn't played Daymare. That game has a similar concept but does a lot more with it.

Daymare 1998 looks like shit. lol