(Rumor) The Last of Us 2 Story rumours. LOL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sounds like Deeno's dream game.

Don't post any possible story beats or spoilers in a thread title. A lot of ppl want to go into the game knowing nothing even a generalisation.  That link has far more possible specific spoilers.

Your link has very specific story threads, more than your tears suggested in your thread title and points that are major story beats.  Anyone posting any major spoilers about any story related ga

Am I the only one who played the TLOU DLC? 

Ellie being gay was established in that. Why are people acting like this game is the one that's introducing that? She was gay before all this "progression in video game" bullshit started.

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Ellie being gay was established in that. Why are people acting like this game is the one that's introducing that? She was gay before all this "progression in video game" bullshit started.

exactly. and left behind was awesome. nothing about it felt forced. some dudes here are just insecure about their sexuality. 

6 minutes ago, Sabo said:

It's not about her being gay, no one cares about that, it's about how the 'gayness' and everything attached to it becomes a focal narrative point. Kind of how like straight people are just straight and their sexual orientation doesn't dictate their personality and doesn't consume their identity whereas for the vast majority of LGBT people it does.

Having a gay character is one thing, making the game a gay vendetta against puritans is something else entirely.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's not about her being gay, no one cares about that, it's about how the 'gayness' and everything attached to it becomes a focal narrative point. Kind of how like straight people are just straight and their sexual orientation doesn't dictate their personality and doesn't consume their identity whereas for the vast majority of LGBT people it does.

Having a gay character is one thing, making the game a gay vendetta against puritans is something else entirely.

Fair enough. But no one has played the game so why are people assuming it's like what you're describing? That's premature.

On another note- I didn't read the spoilers because I do plan to play this game.

23 minutes ago, Sabo said:

I don't think it's so much that, as the fact that they're possibly building the entire game around that narrative... The games enemies of the game are anti-lgbt religious cult members.

I mean, I don't know... I really don't care as in the end, it would be a simple lover's revenge tale... what's most important to me is the character development and arcs the characters go through.. as well as the world building... but I guess people take issue with the game so very heavily focusing on the fact that she's lesbian which is the reason her lover is potentially killed.  Some people were probably fine with it being just an interesting and different revelation about the character, but building an entire story and focus around that maybe goes too far into "agenda" territory for some.

I can't wait though.. I'm sure it will be amazing.

Edited by Remij_
30 minutes ago, Sabo said:

they hid it in DLC which made all the more devious.

and, she was a 14 year old girl in that game. Fucking disgusting developer. :D I won't ever spend a dime on their shit, got UC4 and TLOU: R For free on PSN and that's where it ends for me. I'll try TLOU 2 just to laugh at it when it's given away for free, like the worthless piece of shit it is, on PSN.

Just now, Bodycount N said:

they hid it in DLC which made all the more devious.

and, she was a 14 year old girl in that game. Fucking disgusting developer. :D I won't ever spend a dime on their shit, got UC4 and TLOU: R For free on PSN and that's where it ends for me. I'll try TLOU 2 just to laugh at it when it's given away for free, like the worthless piece of shit it is, on PSN.

You're a sad, sad, little man. :ben:

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I don't think it's so much that, as the fact that they're possibly building the entire game around that narrative... The games enemies of the game are anti-lgbt religious cult members.

I mean, I don't know... I really don't care as in the end, it would be a simple lover's revenge tale... what's most important to me is the character development and arcs the characters go through.. as well as the world building... but I guess people take issue with the game so very heavily focusing on the fact that she's lesbian which is the reason her lover is potentially killed.  Some people were probably fine with it being just an interesting and different revelation about the character, but building an entire story and focus around that maybe goes too far into "agenda" territory for some.

I can't wait though.. I'm sure it will be amazing.

then those people have personal problems. it's no different than revenge tales with racial themes, where a bunch of white trash kill a black person's lover. 

Just now, -GD- said:

then those people have personal problems. it's no different than revenge tales with racial themes, where a bunch of white trash kill a black person's lover

Sounds like Deeno's dream game.

• Haha 3
Just now, Sabo said:

You're a sad, sad, little man. :ben:

It's a baby fisher price Survival horror either way.

besides good animations and an admittedly good plot twist at the end, TLOU1 was an unremarkable horror title, especially if you're used to classic RE and silent hill.

Overrated title by the SJW media and Sony Ponies. Game was unremarkable.

Now add in a dose of propaganda, lesbians, man hating, straight shaming, and a host of other obnoxious political shit? Yeah, fuck no. :D 

17 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

It's a baby fisher price Survival horror either way.

besides good animations and an admittedly good plot twist at the end, TLOU1 was an unremarkable horror title, especially if you're used to classic RE and silent hill.

Overrated title by the SJW media and Sony Ponies. Game was unremarkable.

Now add in a dose of propaganda, lesbians, man hating, straight shaming, and a host of other obnoxious political shit? Yeah, fuck no. :D 

Well, the game was a 7.0 game 

also, the game devolved into a shitty stealth game, as you could just kill anyone on the fly if you sneak up on them. Imagine doing that in a classic RE?

so it was a shitty stealth game, awful horror game with , and a clunky sub-par TPS with a nice coat of paint, insane budget, animations, and maybe decent writing, but good lord, it got paraded around as a 10/10 solely because of the story.