Casual's Top 50 Games of All Time

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best I can do is like top 5 using Ben smileys for some of my most memorable gaming titles.     Half-Life    MGS 3    Halo CE   Ninja Gaiden     

More ppl should do threads like this. I might try update my Top 50 and post it later. Fun threads. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

More ppl should do threads like this. I might try update my Top 50 and post it later. Fun threads. 

I agree. I’ll do a list soon as well. I’m literally sitting at my work computer all day occasionally doing work shit as it comes in so I have a lot of down time. 

Edited by Ike
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Ike said:

DKC 2 is definitely a hot take but hard to argue its quality. Such a shame what MS reduced Rare to.

Phenandra Drifts was just incredible as was just everything about Metroid Prime. It definitely deserved the 9.7. Wish GS still did the scores like that. It does make a difference IMO. 

I expect your top three to be dominated by Blizzard games. 

Yeah DKC2 is just a personal favourite for me honestly. One of the first games I can remember just being obsessed with. 

agreed 100% on the scores, 9.7 or up back then held more weight than a 10 does nowadays. 

Blizzard didn’t go quite as downhill as Rare but shame what happened to both. I think rare could have done a bit better if their bread and butter genre didn’t basically disappear. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah would love to see some more . It was fun to put together even if it’s not perfect, I already would flip a couple of placements but I’m relatively happy with the general order. I’m sure in 5 years it’ll be different again. 

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

I agree. I’ll do a list soon as well. I’m literally sitting at my work computer all day occasionally doing work shit as it comes in so I have a lot of down time. 

Lol, basically. I’m sitting around monitoring emails/making sure I appear online. 

2 minutes ago, Casual said:

Yeah DKC2 is just a personal favourite for me honestly. One of the first games I can remember just being obsessed with. 

agreed 100% on the scores, 9.7 or up back then held more weight than a 10 does nowadays. 

Blizzard didn’t go quite as downhill as Rare but shame what happened to both. I think rare could have done a bit better if their bread and butter genre didn’t basically disappear. 

Kameo was actually pretty decent and PDZ was a decent launch game but nothing they’ve done had come close to their run in the 90s. They had consistently great output in several genres too. Fighting, platformer, FPS, sci-fi action, etc. Grabbed by Ghoulies has to be one of the biggest flops ever. 

Everyone loves GoldenEye and rightfully so but I’d put Perfect Dark ahead of it. It just took GoldenEye and improved it with incredible weapons. 

45 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

CS 1.5/1.6 :bow: 

the goat honestly. I’ve never been able to get into another mp shooter the way I got into CS 1.5/6. Best pure mechanics In any game. 

40 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah after Diablo 2 I vowed never to play those types of games again. I did dabble in PoE for a few Acts, and played around with the characters  in Guildwars; but nothing like Diablo 2.

Hahaha, yeah, absolute time sink. There was always something to do and the gameplay loops were all just so satisfying. Game changed so much over the years to and stayed fresh. They basically revamped the entire end game with runewords and synergies years after release.  Blizzard used to have the goat post release support. 

34 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Some of my favorite times in gaming were LANing up and playing Diablo 2 with my best friends and having sleep-overs on the weekends :wow2: 

Hell yeah. Me and my buddy would do the same thing except we only had the one pc so one of us we’d swap playing n64 or diablo. 

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Kameo was actually pretty decent and PDZ was a decent launch game but nothing they’ve done had come close to their run in the 90s. They had consistently great output in several genres too. Fighting, platformer, FPS, sci-fi action, etc. Grabbed by Ghoulies has to be one of the biggest flops ever. 

Everyone loves GoldenEye and rightfully so but I’d put Perfect Dark ahead of it. It just took GoldenEye and improved it with incredible weapons. 

Yeah. Even Rares bad games were great. Honestly I could have made arguments for a handful more to be on the list. I agree that PD is probably just a better goldeneye. For me it was mostly the time period, by the time PD came out i was sucked into other mp games whereas goldeneye was a staple with friends when it was fresh. 

I'm actually making a list. Got my 50 games down and more or less have settled on my top 15. Might tweak it a bit but I'm fine with the games that are there.

Struggling with 16-50 though. Too many times I'm saying, " Damn... Do I really want to rank this game here?"

This is fuckin' hard LOL.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Trying to update my list with the last 2 gens and FMD it's hard. This list is gonna be a mess. I want them in there but no idea where and what leaves.

Looking forward to your list. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

One of the top three top three's. Thread redeemed.

Hahaha, I figured the top 3 would change some opinions since it takes a pretty sudden and hard turn towards PC MP games. 

8 hours ago, Sabo said:

I'm actually making a list. Got my 50 games down and more or less have settled on my top 15. Might tweak it a bit but I'm fine with the games that are there.

Struggling with 16-50 though. Too many times I'm saying, " Damn... Do I really want to rank this game here?"

This is fuckin' hard LOL.

Looking forward to it! And honestly at one point I just had to concede that the ordering of 20-50 didn't matter that much to me. It would just change depending on my mood...as long as the games were in a general area that made sense I was happy with it. Especially hard when you're comparing across genres and consoles. One thing I did want to make sure was that my favourite game from a console/genre was ahead of all the other games from that console/genre. But I didn't stress too much on whether my 4th favourite JRPG should be ahead or behind my 5th favourite action game. 

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Trying to update my list with the last 2 gens and FMD it's hard. This list is gonna be a mess. I want them in there but no idea where and what leaves.

I was surprised how many games from this and last gen ended up on the list. I'm gonna do a platform/genre breakdown in a sec to see where it ended up.

7 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Great list bro. 

Quite impressive :obama:

Thanks man! Would love to see yours if you got the time!

Platform # Games
N64 10
SNES 9
PC 7
Switch 5
PS4 5
Gamecube 5
X360 3
PS3 3
PS1 2
Xbox 1
NES 1

Not gonna bother with the genre. List is too small to be granular and the broad definitions just end up with games that are nothing alike in the same category. 

For multiplats I just categorized them under the console that I played them on/mostly associate them with.

Edited by Casual