Casual's Top 50 Games of All Time

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best I can do is like top 5 using Ben smileys for some of my most memorable gaming titles.     Half-Life    MGS 3    Halo CE   Ninja Gaiden     

More ppl should do threads like this. I might try update my Top 50 and post it later. Fun threads. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Saucer said:

Its my favorite JRPG. That or the second one. 

Wow, that's bold. :mjgrin:

I think there are better JRPGs even on GCN. Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, and Skies of Aradia are better IMO.

9 minutes ago, Delita said:

Sekiro, god of war and metal gear solid all below Boring Kraptos

listnotgood so far

Spoken like someone who never played Baiten Kaitos.

though ill admit if i wasn't so lttp on MGS it likely ends much higher on the list. 

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Wow, that's bold. :mjgrin:

I think there are better JRPGs even on GCN. Symphonia, Paper Mario 2, and Skies of Aradia are better IMO.

One of these is still to come. One i think isn't very good. One I unfortunately haven't played.

13 minutes ago, Saucer said:

Its my favorite JRPG. That or the second one. 

Huh, the second one was actually good eh? I should try to track a copy down.

Edited by Casual
3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You have alot of opinions on people's list... but you still can't post yours :trump:

just look up one of the thousands top 10 game threads, i posted my list every time :trump2: let casual post his, and let me think mine through cause maybe something changed

1 hour ago, Delita said:

listnotgood so far

I think the list is pretty good cause sekiro is #47. overrated pretentious garbo hyped to oblivion :freeman: didn't play it yet tho im probably wrong and its ok :mjcry:

5 minutes ago, モンキー said:

Cool list so far :obama: Though is Forza 2 really better than all the Forzas that came after it?

Not sure if it's "better". For me it hit a specific purpose of being a podcast game lol. I found the single player mode to be an ideal setup for a racer...pretty linear working your way through the classes with lots of cool races to hit in each place. I haven't played all the Forza's after that but the ones I did I felt like they sacrificed the tight single player experience for multiplayer. I never really enjoyed the multiplayer in these types of racers.

Horizon is a bit of a different beast so I'm not including that. 

Why are people shitting on his list? Its HIS list LOL.

Post your own lists if you disagree.

My list would be boring. It would just be 50 games in no real order because I wouldn't be able to rank them.

Just now, Sabo said:

Why are people shitting on his list? Its HIS list LOL.

Post your own lists if you disagree.

My list would be boring. It would just be 50 games in no real order because I wouldn't be able to rank them.

ah it's cool man, this is system wars after all. i know not everyone is gonna agree, i like the opinions!

Pokemon Snap

220px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Snap_Coverart.png

Probably the biggest outlier on my list but I fucking loved it tbh. I still remember buying it, for some reason my grandparents randomly decided to buy me a game and I picked this one. Seems like such a terrible concept on the surface but it worked so well for me and is still the best Pokemon game to ever be made. It was extremely short but ended up having quite a bit of replayability. I'd go through the levels over and over again maximizing the number of Pokemon I could get good pictures of. Took me a while to find out how to get a few of them using the items. 

Mass Effect 2

MV5BY2FjYWVjMGMtZGUwOS00YzVjLWE4OGItYWE4

A great follow up to another amazing game. Mass Effect 2 found a good balance between a more fast paced action combat while still retaining enough of the RPG elements of the first. Probably the most epic of the trilogy in terms of scale. It didn't quite hit me like the first did but I was still immediately absorbed by it. I think this leaked a week or two before release, I remember torrenting it on my college's internet and playing through it twice that same weekend. Honestly a series that I should replay but similar to Game of Thrones, the ending just prevents me from doing it. 

Crash Bandicoot

Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png

I already mentioned in my MGS blurb that I never had a PS1 growing up. I had a lot more exposure to this one, some through friends, but primarily through my Orthodontist who had it set up in the waiting room. I had to go there every month for like two years and I'd play it every time. It was kind of like renting a game since you were always at the mercy of what the people who most recently played had done, so I would always experience random worlds here and there. It wasn't until I got the remastered version that I finally played through the whole thing. An absolute joy imo. They nailed the pacing and the difficulty for a platformer. It's one of the closest games to DKC1/2 for me, you can tell it was heavily influenced. The 2nd and 3rd never grabbed me as much.

Tales of Symphonia

220px-Tales_of_Symphonia_case_cover.jpg

I bought this game on a complete whim. This was a period where I was basically only playing WoW (still Vanilla at this point) but had got a bit burnt out. I saw this used at EB when I was going to grab my 60 days of gametime and decided to grab it instead. Animeish games typically don't grab me but I was hooked on the art style and the characters in this game. Still the best cast of the Tales games imo, though Vesperia comes close. I don't really remember the story, but I do remember wanting to see it through. 2 discs too, which was pretty unusual for a Gamecube game. The real selling point for me was the combat though, it's simple and generally easy but it just made grinding an absolute blast. 

Yakuza 0

71k3zATRDUL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Oh man, this game took me by complete surprise. I was pretty LTTP and got it on a sale, but holy shit. One of the ONLY video game stories that I even consider good and maybe the best "open world" I've ever explored. This game ruined GTA for me. Instead of going for size they go for density. Every corner there's something worth doing, there's nothing you think "ah it would be cool if you could actually do that" and you can't do it. The mini games, side missions like managing the club, real estate, etc. Absolute gem of a game. The combat was something that I thought would get repetitive but really didn't. I still haven't played the other games in the series, but they're on the list. I might even just replay this again. 

3 hours ago, Delita said:

listnotgood so far

stay tuned for

mario kart double dash

pikmin

tales of symphonia

twin snakes

retro studios donkey kongs

wind waker

final fantasy 6

:wata:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

stay tuned for

mario kart double dash

pikmin

tales of symphonia

twin snakes

retro studios donkey kongs

wind waker

final fantasy 6

:wata:

yuck. 

one of those is on here. miss me with that blasphemous retro donkey kong talk. and twin snakes? shit ain't even in my top 10000 (neither is any other MGS besides 1). 

there will be a kart racer but it won't be mario kart. 

pikmin i actually kinda forgot about, it'd be a borderline honorable mention maybe.

wind waker is a bottom tier zelda that might make my worst of all time.

ff6 is dope. 

Edited by Casual
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Casual said:

For me it hit a specific purpose of being a podcast game lol.

Fucking A. I spent a good chunk of the summer the year that came out playing Forza 2 and listening to whatever that 1up podcast was with Shawn Elliot.

8 minutes ago, Casual said:

yuck. 

one of those is on here. miss me with that blasphemous retro donkey kong talk. and twin snakes? shit ain't even in my top 10000 (neither is any other MGS besides 1). 

there will be a kart racer but it won't be mario kart. 

pikmin i actually kinda forgot about, it'd be a borderline honorable mention maybe.

wind waker is a bottom tier zelda that might make my worst of all time.

ff6 is dope. 

what about paper mario :mjpls:

Just now, Hot Sauce said:

Fucking A. I spent a good chunk of the summer the year that came out playing Forza 2 and listening to whatever that 1up podcast was with Shawn Elliot.

My man. I definitely had that in the rotation at the time. Actually it was probably that and Retronauts since Giant Bombcast wasn't even a thing.