Let the trend continue. Mad's Top 50 games

Alright so to continue the current trend, I'll be slowly drip feeding this list. 

Some rules, I intentionally tried to have a few more modern games than I arguably would've had.

I tried for the most part to have 1 from each series.

The order outside of top 10 can pretty much change at any given notice. 

So lets begin the tears, with the Honourable Mentions.

Journey (PS4)

Journey_Title_Poster.png

Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (N64)

Turok-2-Seeds-of-Evil-Free-Download-1.jp

Resident Evil 4 (GC)

Resident-Evil-4-Banner-646x325.jpg&f=1&n

Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)

337638953.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Earthbound (SNES)

Earthbound-Wallpaper.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Elite Beats Agent (NDS)

th?id=OIP.vi42hd0EXdlJ9-ahRTZ1iQHaET%26p

What Remains of Edith Finch (PC)

edith-cover-970x550.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Grim Fandango (PC)

grim_fandango_remastered_3.jpg&f=1&nofb=

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without further ado, the greatest game ever made:   1. Deus Ex (PC)     This is the game that forever will be my no.1. The game that truly cemented this hobby as my prefe

I was close. 

30. Crash Team Racing (psone)     The best Kart racer ever. Fuck your Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. The Kart racer that actually is purely dependent on skill not item drops. Th

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

Elite Beat Agents was such a damn good rhythm game. I also imported both Ouendan games. :aitch:

My favourite rhythm game ever. :love: So damn good. I remember finding ROMS of the Ouendan games too. Still can't believe they never made a sequel to EBA. 

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

My favourite rhythm game ever. :love: So damn good. I remember finding ROMS of the Ouendan games too. Still can't believe they never made a sequel to EBA. 

Ready Steady Go from Ouendan definitely let some marks on my screen. :D 

• Haha 1

50. Dino Crisis 2 (psone)

51985-Dino_Crisis_2_(E)-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

The game and franchise that is currently my most wanted Remake. Dino Crisis! Absolutely loved the first 2 before the series took a nose dive. 

49. Danganronpa Series (PSP/Vita)

danganronpa-v3s-ending-is-a-polarizing-l

Couldn't separate the games as they are in essence a trilogy. The best Visual Novel type franchise ever made, full of batshit Japanese characters, an insane plot in every game finishing off with Danganronpa V3 having what is probably the most unique, crazy, meta ending of any game ever created. If you are even a slight fan of the genre, this is a must play. Monokuma also probably one of my favourite characters.

48. Crash Bandicoot: Warped (psone)

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

My favourite of the Crash series and a game that I spent countless hours on. While probably having the least pure platforming levels, it had by far the most variety and at the time I absolutely loved that factor. The recent remakes only further solidified why I love this franchise. Also the start of my love for Naughty Dog games. 

47. F-Zero GX (GC)

f-zero2.png&f=1&nofb=1

The best futuristic racer ever created and by far the hardest. This game was an absolute monster on the GC. With an amazing campaign mode and a sense of speed which was unparalleled. Please bring this series back Nintendo!

46. Celeste (PC)

th?id=OIP.k1-8cHnLX_QYqHd3gvfg8QHaEK%26p

Platforming Perfection. That alone would have it make this list but the fact it goes beyond that to incorporate a cool little story and infuse the theme of it's story into it's gameplay really elevates it even further.

Just now, lynux3 said:

We need more futuristic racers. I'm glad Wipeout Omega made it onto the PS4... and in VR mode it's just... :aitch:

Yeah man, couldn't believe how well it translated to VR. Was incredible. 

We need to installments in all these series though. A new Wipeout and a new F-Zero! 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah man, couldn't believe how well it translated to VR. Was incredible. 

We need to installments in all these series though. A new Wipeout and a new F-Zero! 

I know there's plenty of knock offs, but they just don't hold a candle to the OGs. :francis: A new Wipeout and F-Zero would be insta-buy.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lynux3 said:

I know there's plenty of knock offs, but they just don't hold a candle to the OGs. :francis: A new Wipeout and F-Zero would be insta-buy.

everything works in cycles. I think the industry will eventually revisit that genre.  :wow2:

45. Killer 7 (GC)

cover_large.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Suda's best work imo and something which caught me so completely out of left field. Crazy style, characters and presentation a game that really paved the way for many others in so many different ways

44. Persona 5 (PS4)

Persona5.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Aside from the usual Persona charm that each entry has this one just took it to a whole new level in terms of gameplay. The absolute perfect refinement of turn based JRPGs. It has quality of life improvements which make it so difficult to go back to past turn based games and with all the awesome characters, fun dungeons and plethora of content you can expect from a Persona game. I assume Royal would be the proper one to have here but I haven't played it. 

43. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Xbox/PS2/GC)

Prince_of_Persia_Sands_of_Time.jpg&f=1&n

Action Adventure games is what I would probably say is my favourite genre these days and at the time of this game's release it really took my love for the genre to a whole new level. Intertwining awesome puzzles with fun combat and excellent use of the Time Powers, this was a reboot that really shone. Subsequent sequels probably starting leaning a little too much into the action element so the original remains my fav. Let's hope rumours of a remake are true. It's time for the Prince to return once more. 

42. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (psone)

tony_hawks_pro_skater_2_g-1.jpg&f=1&nofb

Gameplay perfection. The sequel took exactly what worked in the first and just expanded on every aspect and improved it in every single way. The amount of hours I spent on these games is insane and the gameplay never got boring. Probably the perfect series for it's time and probably one that can never really be recreated. 

41. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (PC)

skyrimspecialedition1280jpg-fe20a8_1280w

Don't really need to say much on this one. It may be a buggy mess still to this day but this game took over my life when it came out.