Let the trend continue. Mad's Top 50 games

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Disagree on Kefka.

Caius is the best FF villain. No joke, drop dead serious. Very well written character. He had very understandable reasoning for his actions and he just straight up accomplished his goal. Cauis won.

Never played the XIII sequels unfortunately.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without further ado, the greatest game ever made:   1. Deus Ex (PC)     This is the game that forever will be my no.1. The game that truly cemented this hobby as my prefe

I was close. 

30. Crash Team Racing (psone)     The best Kart racer ever. Fuck your Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. The Kart racer that actually is purely dependent on skill not item drops. Th

2 minutes ago, kaz said:

I don't agree on Caius. Kefka tho was boring, the only vile shit he did was poisoning the water. Even Kuja was more badass. 

Who would you rank above Caius?

Caius literally killed a God and destroyed an entire universe.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Never played the XIII sequels unfortunately.

Not surprising, XIII left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. XIII-2 was actually alright though and LR is legit one of my favorite games. LR is not really a FF game, its very Majora's Mask like. 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Nearly convinced you haven't played CTR extensively if you're comparing it to All Stars because MK is the all stars equivalent in the Kart genre. 

PS All Stars was pure shit because it had horrible gameplay mechanics. Just fill up a bar then execute the special to eliminate opponents. While Smash has intricate move sets for each characters, with an insane amount of items and gameplay where skill is the most important factor. So pretty much exactly like CTR when comparing to MK. 

CTR has better track design, much much much harder to master driving mechanics, much more skill based, powerup system that levels up, an actual single player adventure with bosses that have different mechanics, a range of types of races for each track and 5 times the content of MK. MK is probably the least franchise that has evolved since it started in all of gaming. In gen 8 and the SP is still just 'Cups' :D The CTR Remake just makes it even worse cause will it replicated the hard skill based driving that the OG had, MK8 Deluxe is focuseed on making MK even easier with fucking auto turn. Cause the horrible rubber banding and catch up item draw wasn't bad enough. 

MK isn't even the second best kart racer, Diddy Kong Racing is even better.  

That's alot of beating around bush and the fact CTR is a Mario Kart Knock off :shrug: 

Edited by Goukosan
52 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Who would you rank above Caius?

Caius literally killed a God and destroyed an entire universe.

he did? :ben:  I never finished XIII-2 pokemon edition. I want to play it again, I stopped halfway through I guess.

I was thinking of Ultemecia, I love time- and dimension travel stories. 

The fact that she's from a far future and tries to compress time and space so she is the only true existence in that world and how she manipulates various characters throughout the game makes her truly evil in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Caius was pretty good because I never saw him as being evil although he was the antagonist. Kind of a “______ did nothing wrong” villain

But if non main entries like xiii-2 count, while debatable as a villain, then I’ll say Delita, although he never really antagonized Ramza, he definitely antagonized ,outsmarted or double crossed just about everyone else in the game, good or bad.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, kaz said:

he did? :ben:  I never finished XIII-2 pokemon edition. I want to play it again, I stopped halfway through I guess.

I was thinking of Ultemecia, I love time- and dimension travel stories. 

The fact that she's from a far future and tries to compress time and space so she is the only true existence in that world and how she manipulates various characters throughout the game makes her truly evil in my opinion.

Solid pick. I forgot about her.

10. Mario 64 (N64)

260px-super_mario_64_box_cover.jpg&f=1&n

So yeah I'm breaking the one per series for 3D Mario because this game is too fn good. What an absolute revolution this game was. It incredible just how well Nintendo handled the first 3D iterations of Zelda and a platforming Mario game. As a platforming fan this was more than anyone ever dreamed of. The perfect launch game for a new system and I sign of what is possible in this new world of 3D games. One of the most important, influential and best games ever made.

9. Diablo 2 (PC)

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

This game was pure gaming crack. The gameplay loop was pretty much perfect and with the inclusion of battle.net it opened the game up to infinite replayability. Insane amount of hours were spent on this game. Don't want to go on about it because it would be just rehashing the thoughts many of you had said when it was on your lists too. 

8. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)

154336-Shadow_of_the_Colossus_(Europe,_A

I actually still can not believe this was a PS2 game. A beautiful tale set in a peaceful atmospheric world full of these gigantic, majestic beasts. The sense of scale when first encountering the Colossi was unlike anything I had ever experience in the medium. In essence a puzzle/platforming game, with each colossi having their own  way to defeat them even though at times you really didn't want to. You were the clear aggressor in this world, a world void of anything but these beasts, something I truly admired at the time. Would've been very easy to fill this open world with little battles here and there and make it more action based but that would've ruin the whole point of the game. With an emotional story, excellent soundtrack, a sense of scale that I simply had not ever encountered and an interesting gameplay style (for what was basically boss battles: the game), SotC sits up there with the very best games I have ever played.

7. Bloodborne (PS4)

bloodborne-PS4-.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Don't even know where to begin with Bloodborne. Unlike Demon's Souls which took me completely by surprise, I was 100% hyped and ready for this and yet still could not believe just how perfect this game was. The gameplay tweeks seemed minor at first but the increased speed/mobility and the encouragement of attack over defense was a complete game changer and while the perfect gameplay would've been enough to merit this spot it really is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this game. It has quite possibly one of my favourite settings ever for a game, a gothic Victorian era esque city, where ever corner is simply terrifying. Walking and exploring this game was scarier than nearly any horror game ever made yet you just had to take that extra step or investigate that alley or door. And there was reason to scared, because this game has what is imo the best, most unique enemy designs I have ever witnessed in gaming. An absolute work of art. With superb level design, some of the best boss battles in genre and amazing replayability, Bloodborne is not only the best of it's kind but also one of the greatest games ever made.

Bloodborne :love:

Surprised to see SotC ranked so high. I need to replay that game because my thoughts and opinion have really blurred on it. I can't really remember much about it so this might be a good time to replay it. The game should feel fresh.

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

:biggrin: Don't let anticipation kill you man. I'll get up to Top 3 today then final 3 tomorrow. 

okay then :mjgrin: 

32 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Bloodborne :love:

Surprised to see SotC ranked so high. I need to replay that game because my thoughts and opinion have really blurred on it. I can't really remember much about it so this might be a good time to replay it. The game should feel fresh.

The PS4 remake is superb but doesn't have the same impact mostly because SotC feels like a PS4 game. That sense of scale fits this gen. That scale on a PS2 was what blew my mind. Then obviously the fact it made each colossi more than just the usual health sponge or 'Do X 3 times' that most boss battles were. 

6. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

il_fullxfull.315403664.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Let's make this clear, 2D Zeldas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3D Zeldas and there is no 2D Zelda better than A Link to the Past. This game is nothing short of a masterpiece, the perfect 2D action adventure game. It was the scale by which all future 2D entries in the genre were judged an a massive step for the series in every regard. With a big beautiful world to discover, gameplay, music and graphics that were the very top of their respective fields and numerous beautiful moments throughout, A Link to the Past is an all time classic and one of the best games ever created. 

5. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

fpiup0a2sijtgheymwdw.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Okay so I was split between this and SMW but ended up on this one as my favourite 2D Mario platformer. It's basically perfect and has some of the most iconic levels in Mario history. Added so many cool new elements and has infinite repeatability and has aged like fine wine. I can't even put a number on how many times I have played this, on so many different platforms. It's one of the few games I have continiously replayed over the generations and it manages to hook me every single time. The perfection of the platforming genre and my favourite Mario game of all time.  

Just now, Sabo said:

SMB3 definitely has the cooler power ups out of all the Mario games. 

Finding each one was awesome and having the inventory was so cool to go into a level with a power-up. It’s insane that this is on the same console as the original SMB. Nintendo got every ounce of tech they could for that game. Also, seeing for the first time on The Wizard. :aitch:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1