Let the trend continue. Mad's Top 50 games

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Burnout Revival needs to happen. Paradise is coming to Switch which is nice but they need to make a new one. Imagine how beautiful that car carnage could look next gen. 

Badly! It's a shame that EA went all in on the NFS franchise because of the name power and decided to shelf Burnout. My hope is that with Criterion now being put back on to the NFS franchise that they might start bringing back some of the Burnout soul

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

RE4 in honourable mentions but Halo, Rosscharted and a load of shitty Crash Bandicoot games make it into the top 50.

I’m sorry but :poop:

RE4 is a great action game but that's about it. It had a huge impact at the time because of the graphics and the fact it rejuvenated the RE franchise but as you can see with it's sequels RE5 and RE6, that impact really was a once and done type of thing. They refined the gameplay and the games just got worse because the truth is what made RE4 great was very much a one and done thing that simply didn't age well. It's a very good game, hence me even mentioning it but it is vastly overrated by a lot of people. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without further ado, the greatest game ever made:   1. Deus Ex (PC)     This is the game that forever will be my no.1. The game that truly cemented this hobby as my prefe

I was close. 

30. Crash Team Racing (psone)     The best Kart racer ever. Fuck your Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing. The Kart racer that actually is purely dependent on skill not item drops. Th

6 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Badly! It's a shame that EA went all in on the NFS franchise because of the name power and decided to shelf Burnout. My hope is that with Criterion now being put back on to the NFS franchise that they might start bringing back some of the Burnout soul

RE4 is a great action game but that's about it. It had a huge impact at the time because of the graphics and the fact it rejuvenated the RE franchise but as you can see with it's sequels RE5 and RE6, that impact really was a once and done type of thing. They refined the gameplay and the games just got worse because the truth is what made RE4 great was very much a one and done thing that simply didn't age well. It's a very good game, hence me even mentioning it but it is vastly overrated by a lot of people. 

But what was Crash team racing? It was just a poor mans mario kart. Hell diddy king racing trounced it too.

then they never followed up on it

CTR is dope. My girl and I play it all the time. Not quite up to DKR standards to me but that's probably more to do with me growing up with DKR. 

CTR is definitely better than Mario Kart though. Especially MK64. 

Edited by Casual
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Crash Team Racing is a Mario Kart Knock off, just like PlayStation Allstars was a Smash Knock off, B rate knock offs at that :shrug:

Mario Kart 64 in particular just always felt so plain to me. Idk what it is about it. 

CTR and DKR both had far better driving mechanics and track design imo. Better characters too. The battle mode in Mario Kart is so bad compared to DKR. 

Just now, Casual said:

Mario Kart 64 in particular just always felt so plain to me. Idk what it is about it. 

CTR and DKR both had far better driving mechanics and track design imo. Better characters too. The battle mode in Mario Kart is so bad compared to DKR. 

Yes CTR is better than the worse MK in the MK series.   That doesn't stop CTR from being a MK knock off.  :mjpls:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Yes CTR is better than the worse MK in the MK series.   That doesn't stop CTR from being a MK knock off.  :mjpls:

Which are the good MKs though?

I guess the SNES one cause it was first? That thing gives me headaches if I try to play these days though.

8 is good. Double Dash is excellent. 3DS one was good. The rest kinda suck? 

Edited by Casual
4 minutes ago, Casual said:

Which are the good MKs though?

I guess the SNES one cause it was first? That thing gives me headaches if I try to play these days though.

8 is good. Double Dash is excellent. 3DS one was good. The rest kinda suck? 

MK DS is also spectacular.  The only bad MK is MK64 and since they only do one MK per system.... that one bad MK left a sour tastes in people's mouth for an entire gen. 

Contrast that to CTR, one good game (the first) and all trash after that. 

12 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

MK DS is also spectacular.  The only bad MK is MK64 and since they only do one MK per system.... that one bad MK left a sour tastes in people's mouth for an entire gen. 

Contrast that to CTR, one good game (the first) and all trash after that. 

CTR Remake is also better than all the Mario Kart's though :ben: 

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Hand in your sheep card, filthy lemshit.

MK64 is one of the better mario karts and took big wet dumps all over CTR.

9 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Crash Team Racing is a Mario Kart Knock off, just like PlayStation Allstars was a Smash Knock off, B rate knock offs at that :shrug:

but crash team racing took a massive dump on mario kart 64. 

dude is taking his time, i think i will make a thread and make 3 post for my entire list. you guys drag on way too much. 

29 minutes ago, kaz said:

dude is taking his time, i think i will make a thread and make 3 post for my entire list. you guys drag on way too much. 

Yeah, intentionally. It's done to spark conversation.

But hey, when you make your list you can do whatever you want.

I'm actually curious to see what your list would look like.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Yeah, intentionally. It's done to spark conversation.

But hey, when you make your list you can do whatever you want.

I'm actually curious to see what your list would look like.

Thanks, I was worried nobody cares. :leo:  I will make a thread soon.

Edit: but after Mads finished. lol. 

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alright arguaby my most controversial choice coming up:

20. Destiny (PS4)

2309259-destiny_xone1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Ok so this one is a very personal choice based on numerous factors that make this game one of the best games ever or a pile of crap if they didn't click. I am talking about the original Destiny as a whole package, after The Taken King expansion which improved it greatly. It is the game I have played most since I was a child with over 500 hours. Firstly, this is the best coop game ever made, bar none imo. Those memories of certain games that everyone has with their friends, playing all nighters, just hanging out and talking while playing an incredible game, well that is my adult equivalent in this game. This was our hangout game multiple nights a week for the first 2 years of it's release, it has probably some of the best gaming memories from the last 2 gens. It pretty much has created a new genre (shooter looter ugh) and had a gameplay hook that totally grabbed me and didn't let go for longer than any other game in existence and while the loot drive was fun it was the core gameplay that truly kept us all playing. Bungie are the fps kings and Destiny's gunplay is pure perfection. That 5 second gameplay loop that many games talk about, this game has it mastered. So the mix of perfect fps gameplay with the most addicting loot drive I've ever experienced since Diablo 2, in a genre I am currently more into (fps), with the ability to play ever second with friends made this what it is to me. Plus on final thing, raids!! The pinnacle of any fps game this generation. Or even better, a blind raid.

19. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

2847691-2568037-91v3ozkg-ml._sl1500_.jpg

There are games that come up and take the genre to that next level and then there are games that come out and make nearly everything around it at the time look like complete utter shit. The Witcher 3 comes into the latter part of that. This game was so damn good that it not only made CD Project Red the new king of WRPGs but made the previous leading games look near unplayable in comparison. Just imagine getting a new ES with the Skyrim engine or a new Dragon Age from Bioware in the vein of Inquistion. would look like a 6.0 game......the same as Andromeda. The Witcher 3 has better and more interesting side quests than most games' main plot. It has one of the biggest and most densely populated (with content) open worlds ever made and an excellent story with superbly written characters throughout the world. An incredible achievement gaming and a new level for RPGs to reach. 

18. Gran Turismo 2 (psone)

358bd671-e141-48e9-a555-f25f8f437777.jpg

This is probably a vote for either of the first 2, but the sequel is definitely the much better game. As I had mentioned, back in the psone/ps2 era I was a huge Racing fan and no other franchise did I love more than the psone GTs. I think I learnt nearly everything I know about cars at a young age from these games. Learning every car and model and the game really nearly rpg-esque with the loop of winning races for cash to upgrade cars with new parts then that amazing feeling when some races gave you a new car. The sim gameplay was superb and the rewards felt earned (unlike now where racing games spit out new cars every half a minute). The amount of content at the time was breathtaking and with graphics that blew my mind. The game and franchise I spent the most time with on the psone. 

17. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

cover_large.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Don't need to talk too much about this one because it is one of the most common 'best game of all time' picks. It's a game that made a near perfect translation of a 2d franchise and brought everything that made those 2d games so special and translated perfect into 3d. The revolutionised the genre and become an inspiration for so many after it. There was a time before OOT and a time after it. The first Zelda 3d game and still the best one. 

16. Demon's Souls (PS3)

demons-souls-online-555x297.jpg&f=1&nofb

There are games that take you completely by surprise and this one is up there with the very best. While the series was refined and many think the following Dark Souls games are better, I have to give the original it's props. This game had the balls to do something that in essence had been done a million times (a 3rd person action rpg) yet somehow revolutionise the genre. I can still remember the first 5 painful hours of this game, getting my ass absolutely handed to me over and over, thinking WTF is this yet somehow always wanting to go back in. Little did I know that in essence that was this game's tutorial, I was learning and slowly all the old action rpg tropes I expected (easy early on, quick level up early, learn new abilities early, etc) all disappeared and it finally clicked and oh boy was it a game changer. This game was all I wanted to play, all i could think about. Each boss felt like a puzzle, a meticulous dance where any player death came at their own fault. Each victory brought massive cheers as I ventured deeper into the world. What a game and what a welcome breath of fresh air it was. 

15. Grand Theft Auto 3

2210607-box_gta3.png&f=1&nofb=1

While Vice City improved on the formula and is the better game it is impossible to go past the game that really changed it all. Once every gen and sometimes even longer than that, there will come a game that just completely changes the industry. This game was it for that generation. The first time playing this game was just filled with awe and amazement that this whole open world was truly available as my sandbox. Do what I want with sooo many missions, side missions, side activities. It's what began what is now the most popular type of game (open world) and the game that really took Rockstar and GTA franchise to the level it is now at.  

12 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Nearly convinced you haven't played CTR extensively if you're comparing it to All Stars because MK is the all stars equivalent in the Kart genre. 

PS All Stars was pure shit because it had horrible gameplay mechanics. Just fill up a bar then execute the special to eliminate opponents. While Smash has intricate move sets for each characters, with an insane amount of items and gameplay where skill is the most important factor. So pretty much exactly like CTR when comparing to MK. 

CTR has better track design, much much much harder to master driving mechanics, much more skill based, powerup system that levels up, an actual single player adventure with bosses that have different mechanics, a range of types of races for each track and 5 times the content of MK. MK is probably the least franchise that has evolved since it started in all of gaming. In gen 8 and the SP is still just 'Cups' :D The CTR Remake just makes it even worse cause will it replicated the hard skill based driving that the OG had, MK8 Deluxe is focuseed on making MK even easier with fucking auto turn. Cause the horrible rubber banding and catch up item draw wasn't bad enough. 

MK isn't even the second best kart racer, Diddy Kong Racing is even better.  

When you think about games that set the world on fire, GTA III definitely comes to mind.

Sure, the other games are definitely better but I agree with GTA III getting on the list over the others. The other games didn't have the same level of impact that GTA III had.

Even I played the hell out of GTA III.