Ubisoft had 6 franchises and 11 titles that have sold more than 10m this gen

12 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I wouldnt have thought watchdogs and the division were that big 

The original Division broke Ubisoft's record for fastest selling game ever and fastest selling new IP this gen. It's massive. Division 2 didn't sell as much though. 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

The most amazing accomplishment was taking the Tom Clancy IP and being able to churn out games that sell more than 10 million. And not only that, they get the most amount of DLC

Worst part is that those games had nothing to do with Tom Clancy.

20 minutes ago, ghostz said:

They constantly overhype and consistently under deliver. 

I think you're talking about nearly every major 3rd party dev/pub other than ubisoft. EA, Activision and especially Bethesda do that way more than Ubi.

What do Ubi over hype and what have they underdelivered? All those games listed range from a minimum of 8.0 up to 10.0. They so rarely have critical failures and support their games more than nearly anyone else. They supported Siege from a disappointing launch and turned it into one of the best tactical online shooters. They noticed AC fatigue, took a couple years off and came back having basically revamped the entire game and genre for AC. They have new IPs every gen. They even nailed a new IP with Nintendo and made it better than it had any right to be. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, madmaltese said:

I think you're talking about nearly every major 3rd party dev/pub other than ubisoft. EA, Activision and especially Bethesda do that way more than Ubi.

What do Ubi over hype and what have they underdelivered? All those games listed range from a minimum of 8.0 up to 10.0. They so rarely have critical failures and support their games more than nearly anyone else. They supported Siege from a disappointing launch and turned it into one of the best tactical online shooters. They noticed AC fatigue, took a couple years off and came back having basically revamped the entire game and genre for AC. They have new IPs every gen. They even nailed a new IP with Nintendo and made it better than it had any right to be. 

Where's the inordinate amount of smileys? The strike through their comment? Instead you laid out an articulate and well-thought out case.

This is not how we SW! :mad:

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, jehurey said:

The most amazing accomplishment was taking the Tom Clancy IP and being able to churn out games that sell more than 10 million. And not only that, they get the most amount of DLC

Imagine having the Star Wars license, which is basically the ability to print money and not being able to make games like EA. They cancelled two AAA SP Sta Wars games.

Quite a few average games on that list, surprised they've sold so much. Ass creed origins was pretty solid, odyssey less so in my opinion. 

I wouldn't mind another (good) Prince pf Persia game, the PS2 trilogy was some of the best stuff Ubisoft have ever made.  

5 hours ago, Cell said:

Quite a few average games on that list, surprised they've sold so much. Ass creed origins was pretty solid, odyssey less so in my opinion. 

I wouldn't mind another (good) Prince pf Persia game, the PS2 trilogy was some of the best stuff Ubisoft have ever made.  

Rumour is they're remaking the trilogy with modern graphics. Prince of Persia I mean.

5 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

The Division franchise deserves a special place imo, it's one of the most atmospheric games I have played this gen. Absolutely phenomenal work for what could have been generic souless AAA trash.

it is generic soulless trash :D