PS5 already has a ridiculous amount of exclusives.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Sony's showing was solid but it just felt like another E3 for the PlayStation 4 and continuations of those games, there wasn't some defining disconnect title that screamed PlayStation 5. 

Um... the Dreamcast's launch games alone were better than this showing which was primarily comprised of games with no release windows or dates.  

Sony went heavy with New IPs on PS4. You don't abandon that after 1 entry. Horizon, SM, GoW Reboot, Days Gone are all only making their first sequels on PS5. 

Then GT has went an entire generation without a numbered entry and R&C had a single title on PS4. None of these titles have been milked, don't act like Sony has anything like a Forza or Nintendo situation.

ND will have a new IP that will do that and it's even better that it isn't a launch window game cause those are always the least 'next gen' games. 

You're assuming the reason for no dates was because they are far away and not because Sony does not show release dates until a few months prior anymore. I guarantee that at least 80% of those titles are 2020-2021. If they were showing 2022 games then we would've seen God of War 2, Days Gone 2, etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you forgot the best exclusive and basically the winner of next gen    

and all available on pc day 1  

The list of games that were shown at the PS5 event that are in some way exclusive is the most from any next gen system reveal ever. It's actually bonkers.   Complete Exclusives: -

I think a hypothetical solid MS lineup to counter Sony's show would be:

Halo Infinite (don't underestimate this as a launch game)

Hellblade 2

Banjo Threeie

Perfect Dark

Fable

Kameo

New IP from The Initiative

Lost Odyssey 

Project Gotham Racing game

Killer Instinct 2

1 vs 100 

Conker sequel

Plus some 3rd party stuff.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Hellblade 2

Banjo Threeie

Perfect Dark

Fable

Kameo

Lost Odyssey 

Killer Instinct 2

1 vs 100 

Conker sequel

and all available on pc day 1 :geese:

• Geese 2
3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Sony went heavy with New IPs on PS4. You don't abandon that after 1 entry. Horizon, SM, GoW Reboot, Days Gone are all only making their first sequels on PS5. 

Then GT has went an entire generation without a numbered entry and R&C had a single title on PS4. None of these titles have been milked, don't act like Sony has anything like a Forza or Nintendo situation.

ND will have a new IP that will do that and it's even better that it isn't a launch window game cause those are always the least 'next gen' games. 

You're assuming the reason for no dates was because they are far away and not because Sony does not show release dates until a few months prior anymore. I guarantee that at least 80% of those titles are 2020-2021. If they were showing 2022 games then we would've seen God of War 2, Days Gone 2, etc.

Look at all the asterisks you had to line this paragraph with for it to make sense, come back down to reality. 

Where are the new IP's? There's zero. It's a bunch of continuations and what hurts things the most is they look incredibly similar to their PlayStation 4 counterparts to the point where people have been legitimately questioning if these are next-gen games. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Hellblade 2

Banjo Threeie

Perfect Dark

Fable

Kameo

Lost Odyssey 

Killer Instinct 2

1 vs 100 

Conker sequel

Would be a nice list, but not if you add the big 3 from sony.

Also that's a lot of Rare games that wouldn't be made by Rare.

Man Kameo 2 announcement would make me so happy :aitch:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Look at all the asterisks you had to line this paragraph with for it to make sense, come back down to reality. 

Where are the new IP's? There's zero. 

The irony of a lemming (aka Halo, Gears, Forza) talking about new IPs after Sony just had a gen with the most successful new IPs from everyone :cmpunk1:

You love to go off hopes and dream instead of reality. That's not how things work. Devs and companies win you over by what they most recently have done not by what you wish they did. MS is coming off their worst first party showing in history. Until they win us over that is what their rep is. It will take an entire round of successes for them to finally have their next round of games be hyped accordingly. Sony has already done that with PS4. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

The irony of a lemming (aka Halo, Gears, Forza) talking about new IPs after Sony just had a gen with the most successful new IPs from everyone :cmpunk1:

You love to go off hopes and dream instead of reality. That's not how things work. Devs and companies win you over by what they most recently have done not by what you wish they did. MS is coming off their worst first party showing in history. Until they win us over that is what their rep is. It will take an entire round of successes for them to finally have their next round of games be hyped accordingly. Sony has already done that with PS4. 

And PS3. :cmpunk1:

• aitch 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Would be a nice list, but not if you add the big 3 from sony.

Also that's a lot of Rare games that wouldn't be made by Rare.

Man Kameo 2 announcement would make me so happy :aitch:

I think it holds up incredibly well tbh.  

In a hypothetical scenario where MS actually nailed the designs of those games... what I would do if I was MS is have a healthy mix of their bigger franchises like Halo and Forza.. but with awesome new versions of franchises that people are fond of and would like kickass games of... like Fable and Perfect Dark.  Hit the nostalgic notes, but actually surprise people with great versions of those games.. which would then hopefully begin to change peoples attitudes towards Xbox.

I believe they have solid IP... they just have to go the right directions with them.  Imagine if Sony made a Perfect Dark game, or a Lost Odyssey style of game.  I think people WANT to like them and WANT them to have great new versions... but there's so much doubt as to MS' ability to take them in the right direction.

Hopefully Phil has some of that in his lineup, because if it's more shit like Battletoads and shit that they aren't putting much effort into, then it will be a lost cause.

I do think Phil's got some surprises though..

8 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I think it holds up incredibly well tbh.  

In a hypothetical scenario where MS actually nailed the designs of those games... what I would do if I was MS is have a healthy mix of their bigger franchises like Halo and Forza.. but with awesome new versions of franchises that people are fond of and would like kickass games of... like Fable and Perfect Dark.  Hit the nostalgic notes, but actually surprise people with great versions of those games.. which would then hopefully begin to change peoples attitudes towards Xbox.

I believe they have solid IP... they just have to go the right directions with them.  Imagine if Sony made a Perfect Dark game, or a Lost Odyssey style of game.  I think people WANT to like them and WANT them to have great new versions... but there's so much doubt as to MS' ability to take them in the right direction.

Hopefully Phil has some of that in his lineup, because if it's more shit like Battletoads and shit that they aren't putting much effort into, then it will be a lost cause.

I do think Phil's got some surprises though..

You know that list you posted isn't possible though. There is 4 Rare Ips in that list. At best one gets made by Rare and maybe another one by someone else (which already makes it iffy).

I also think MS pushing the GP model means they have to think about that in game development.  Like for eg, a game having the budget of a TLoU2 is just never going to make sense cause you only recoup those expenses if you're selling 10m+ copies, like Halo use to. GP model means high quantity because you need ppl to stay subbed. I don't think you can have a team like Sony Bend or Media Molecule spend 5-7 years developing a game. 

The Initiative's game will be the one that compares to Sony's big 3, cause that team has recruited amazing talent. 

For what it's worth I think MS' showing is gonna be great. Infinitely better than anything theyve done on X1. But Sony right now is just in peak form. 

23 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You know that list you posted isn't possible though. There is 4 Rare Ips in that list. At best one gets made by Rare and maybe another one by someone else (which already makes it iffy).

I also think MS pushing the GP model means they have to think about that in game development.  Like for eg, a game having the budget of a TLoU2 is just never going to make sense cause you only recoup those expenses if you're selling 10m+ copies, like Halo use to. GP model means high quantity because you need ppl to stay subbed. I don't think you can have a team like Sony Bend or Media Molecule spend 5-7 years developing a game. 

The Initiative's game will be the one that compares to Sony's big 3, cause that team has recruited amazing talent. 

For what it's worth I think MS' showing is gonna be great. Infinitely better than anything theyve done on X1. But Sony right now is just in peak form. 

Yea, as much as I'd love it to be, I don't think we'll see all that.

I do believe though that Series X is the first full console designed under Phil..and whatever plans he has NEED to start coming into effect now.  They need to present like as if there's been a shift... one that people can easily see.  If his studios have better funding and backing than ever before, and more studios than ever before... then I expect to see it reflected in the quality.

It starts with Halo.  I think Halo is a franchise that people want to be great again, but just can't see the current MS pulling it off.  Now is Phil's chance to change that perception.  Launch a new console with Halo... it's a big deal.  If they hit it out of the park, then it can go a long way.

They have to show that they are willing to put massive money into a new IP and something that is obvious that they want to GROW and build up.  If they can give people that feeling, something solid to build off of, then I think they can begin to change people's minds about Xbox.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Expecting Microsoft to deliver with first party softwares. :kaz: They have failed for the past 7 years and it gets worse every year. 

DC is crazy. He questions Sony at every turn even when they're showing actual gameplay while deepthroating the hell out of everything MS throws at him. 

11 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Hellblade 2

Banjo Threeie

Perfect Dark

Fable

Kameo

Lost Odyssey 

Killer Instinct 2

1 vs 100 

Conker sequel

Hopes and dreams the lineup :mj:

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

Its funny when limmings list Halo Infinite as an Series X exclusive when its cross gen yet pretend TLOU2 and Gost of Tsushima arent PS5 exclusives.

And have to note not to underestimate Infinite to boot because no one is talking about it. :mj:

13 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Hellblade 2

Banjo Threeie

Perfect Dark

Fable

Kameo

Lost Odyssey 

Killer Instinct 2

1 vs 100 

Conker sequel

All best on PC. There is literally no reason to buy an Xbox next gen. PCPS5 is the only viable combo.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Just wait a couple more weeks, it's going to be a blood bath. 

Lmao. Xbox is like a religion at this point, you need blind faith to keep believing that eventually the day will come that the console is worth the hundreds of dollars it costs. No facts, just faith. 

:cruise: