• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So they ran this max'd out on Kaz' PC?  

The very first scene  

microsoft is so incompetent holy shit. would like to hear lemshites damage controlling on the tree. very good demonstation of xbox, microshit, you nailed it. 

11 minutes ago, kazi of Skalitz said:

microsoft is so incompetent holy shit. would like to hear lemshites damage controlling on the tree. very good demonstation of xbox, microshit, you nailed it. 

Not only that, but like the ships animations for turning just looks awful and janky

even if you look past the graphics, the reality is that the gameplay looked boring as fuck. Who at MS thought it was a good idea to debut their biggest game with a open world filler quest of 'go to this forgettable spot and shoot forgettable enemies while completing a forgettable objective'? How is that a good idea?  At least show off a large scale battle, or some kind of set piece.

4 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

I was honestly expecting Halo Infinite to put pressure on Sony since it was in development for 5 years and a supposed return to form. Most people did. 

Yeah, I was thinking it was going to blow minds. What a disastrous showing. It really could not have been worse. :D

16 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

even if you look past the graphics, the reality is that the gameplay looked boring as fuck. Who at MS thought it was a good idea to debut their biggest game with a open world filler quest of 'go to this forgettable spot and shoot forgettable enemies while completing a forgettable objective'? How is that a good idea?  At least show off a large scale battle, or some kind of set piece.

Digital Foundry is under the impression that the area shown was already GPU bound due to design decisions. I think we can expect large scale battles to be at a minimum if not entirely absent. :mj:

Edited by lynux3

Few days removed and rewatched the footage in 4K and I'm still blown away at just how underwhelming it was. I was expecting a Halo 2 esque showing/reveal and we probably got the most disappointing reveal of a major title ever. The more you look at the details the worse it gets. The world looks so dead. Forget comparisons to RDR2 and TLOU2 (even though that is where the comparisons should be because this is MS' mammoth franchise), this isn't even close to AC levels in terms of open world details. Then if we are going to first party, most recently say Ghost, it is like another decade apart. Infinite has static dull environments, nothing feels alive, enemies looks out of place in the world. The gameplay looks dated af too. The idea to do the big reveal as a 'tackle missions at your own pace' like this is the 360 era of open worlds being a new thing lol. I was expecting some epic UCIV/COD style cinematic set piece from a tight af campaign and we got a legit nothing fetch quest where enemy AI looked horrific, environments were dull af and the world just looks plain boring. Everything about what they thought was impressive is decades old, even the start with a ship flying over the world like that's some impressive feat lol

Immensely disappointed.