series x has pretty awesome backwards compatibility (especially when you consider there's no special optimization - yet)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We know it's groundbreaking news to a sheepet when you're forced to pay $60 for 3 game roms being emulated from a handheld cart 😂

Sheep triggered by backwards compatibility because they need re-packaged games to fill out the release calendar.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

a more powerful system plays it BC games better than the original it was on. 

Ground breaking news right there. 

We know it's groundbreaking news to a sheepet when you're forced to pay $60 for 3 game roms being emulated from a handheld cart 😂

• dead 2
24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i'm pretty sure using new graphics and cpus to run 15 year old games will almost always be very successful at running it, without having to do much work.

If that's the case, why does the Switch runs Super Mario 64 at 720p  30fps and 4:3?

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Fuck the ps5. I am getting myself the series X. 

i'll get the ps5 for key franchises, but the series x will be the home of all my multiplats. They will look/play better on it, and i like where gamepass is going,. 

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Sheep have AAAes and AAes to choose from meanwhile Series X is launching with only Old BC games as the highlight :ovolol:

1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

i'll get the ps5 for key franchises, but the series x will be the home of all my multiplats. They will look/play better on it, and i like where gamepass is going,. 

I would be surprised if that were the case. Devs are going to have to develop their games around the series s’ limitations, so I expect the x versions to just be direct ports of those.

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

If that's the case, why does the Switch runs Super Mario 64 at 720p  30fps and 4:3?

because they'd probably have to remake (or mod) the game in order to do those things, but it was just a straight emulation.

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

wasn't that supposed to happen with the XBX?

If the PS5 smokes Xbox at launch and runs away with it, we'll know what multiplats will be doing 12-18 months from now.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Shouldn't a system like the Switch be able to run the game at 1080p widescreen mode without compromise?

They do, for the games that have widescreen available (Sunshine and Galaxy).

Mario 64 can't be a 1920 x 1080 widescreen game without modification to the game.