Game journalists seem to be extremely impressed with the PS5’s Dualsense controller

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I listened to the Giantbomb Quick Look for Astro Bot and it was basically 20 minutes of gushing about how amazing the controller is. They're a pretty cynical bunch so that kind of praise for a controller...:whew:

Reported for fakeboying

6 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Features not supported on PC :omglol:

They will be.  Steam will add support for it, just like they did the PS4.  3rd party devs that make use of the features will support it on PC as well just like many games fully support DS4 with PS button prompts :juggle: 

The best part about the PS5 controller is that you don't need a PS5 :love: 

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, Remij said:

They will be.  Steam will add support for it, just like they did the PS4.  3rd party devs that make use of the features will support it on PC as well just like many games fully support DS4 with PS button prompts :juggle: 

The best part about the PS5 controller is that you don't need a PS5 :love: 

Hermshits so far down the port begging rabbit hole they are port begging for controller functionality :guh:

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

KB & M Dark Souls. :aitch:

I actually did this for 10min and it wasn't tooo bad. It was bad though. 

Edited by kazi
1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

I listened to the Giantbomb Quick Look for Astro Bot and it was basically 20 minutes of gushing about how amazing the controller is. They're a pretty cynical bunch so that kind of praise for a controller...:whew:

Yeah it says a lot when jeff is impressed by it. Dude has been miserable as fuck for a while lol.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Xbox lose the one W they've always had, best controller :willcucked:

I still can't believe they really didn't do anything to the controller.  They really blew it IMO.  The impulse triggers in the XO controller were a great addition and added nice immersion and feedback to games that supported it.  Why they didn't bother to take it further and try to improve other areas is beyond me.

Haptics was such a no brainer move.

I think the Dual Sense is going to be awesome.  Just using the Steam controller opened my eyes to the amount of possibilities that are there with haptic feedback.  The feedback can be so soooo minute.. all the way to full blown rumble and everything in between.  It's far more responsive and tactile.  I could imagine a game using the touchpad with haptic feedback.. running your finger over the touchpad feeling the haptics give feedback until you find the point which produces the most feedback, then you have to press that specific area on the trackpad.  Could be used for inputting codes or unlocking mechanics.

There's all sorts of really cool stuff they could do with it.