All Things Politics

OFFICIAL ELECTION DAY THREAD

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I take no accountability. This was China's fault. My rallies are huge. Fire Fauci.

Posted Images

Maricopa County will post its next report Friday at 9 p.m. ET. Officials there say they have 142,000 more early ballots to process, and a smaller number of provisional and other ballots.

4 minutes ago, nitric said:

THIS. This is what I'm talking about. The right does it out in the open, starts losing and then blames the dems for  cheating. FFS...

They were actually on TV last night complaining that the Dems were doing "voter suppression". 

Nate Cohn, in New York 25m ago

I don't think we're getting a call in Georgia for weeks, but we have such a good accounting of remaining ballots that Trump may need a tabulation error to win.

Biden nets 2,520 votes in the Las Vegas area, giving him a lead of over 22,000 in Nevada. Tens of thousands of ballots still to count, but they continue to go Biden’s way.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I can't believe so many people in Trump's inner circle went all over social media to declare that he won Pennsylvania so pre-emptively. They're never going to live that one down.

It wasn't a mistake, it was part of their original plan that sorta fell apart on them.

Georgia and Pennsylvania JUST SO happened, beginning with this election, to intentionally not count absentee ballots until after the polls closed and until after they counted election-day votes first.

This reeks of coordination with the PA and GA state leaders and the White House.

Trump kept on talking about how mail-in ballots shouldn't count, and his voters knew to vote predominantly on election day (polls asking Republicans and Democrats their voting method preference verified this many times in the weeks leading up to the election).

Trump thought that he could declare himself winner on election night, before absentee ballots are counted, and then try to submit lawsuits to stop the counting immediately.

It didn't work out that way. if anything, I think Republican leadership knew it wasn't going to work, but they entertained his idea so that he could nominate Amy Comey Barret quickly before the election.

"uhhh....yeah, she could definitely help you win the election. So nominate her real quick so that we can confirm her and put her on the Supreme Court." And then Republicans went quiet on Election Day.

I found it odd that in Texas, John Cornyn, who is the #2 guy in the Senate behind Mitch McConnell, he won his re-election.......but he made no public appearance on election day, nor the past couple of days. He went dark. He WON an election, and went dark? That's very odd.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Bro.... it feels like an extended Wednesday.... 

I know, I ended up fucking forgetting that the AMD CPU launch happened YESTERDAY.

Not like it would've mattered, things sold out in minutes.

6 hours ago, Ike said:

I think Biden going to take all the remaining states sans AK and NC. :whew:

I don't fully understand what is North Carolina plan with absentee ballots. They say they will accept absentee ballots that have been postmarked by election day up until November 12th. I've also heard that absentee ballots, as a whole, are simply not even counted and do not begin counting until November 12th.

I don't know if that is true or not.

29 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I don't fully understand what is North Carolina plan with absentee ballots. They say they will accept absentee ballots that have been postmarked by election day up until November 12th. I've also heard that absentee ballots, as a whole, are simply not even counted and do not begin counting until November 12th.

I don't know if that is true or not.

Absentee ballots in North Carolina that arrived on or before election day have already been counted. Absentee ballots arriving afterwards won't be counted until the 9 day grace window has ended.