Cyberpunk performance on PC - 20FPS at 4K with ray tracing....on a 3090

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Permanent ban bet that this will be better on PC than PS5?

God damn this destroys the console version. Fuck imagine playing that low fps and settings.

will probably be fixed for the ps5 version

5 minutes ago, Casual said:

I unno if I should get this for PS5 or my PC.

Sounds like the PS4 version on PS5 runs at a pretty smooth 60? Wonder how that would compare to the performance on my PC (1660ti, i7-9750H, 16gb)....

PS5. 

Cyberpunk performance on Switch: pending

Perpetually :will2:

Edited by bhytre
12 hours ago, jehurey said:

Looks like nVidia has the performance numbers for their cards.

Cyberpunk-2077-Official-4K-Performance.p

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-rtx-dlss-q

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-rtx-dlss-q

I hope its not one of those weird games where having 32GB of RAM actually seems to benefit the game. There better be assloads of ray-tracing for these framerates. There is no ray-tracing for AMD video cards, at least for launch.

By the way, have you tested Dolby Atmos as your PC's HDMI port to your TV,and then to your TV connected to your AV Receiver through eARC?

There's very few games that even advertise that they support Dolby Atmos through the PC, I tested it with Forza Horizon 4. And I'm getting anywhere from about an 1/8th to about a 1/4 of a second of audio lag. Its only noticeable because FH4 is a very fast moving game, especially when I'm playing it at 100-120fps with everything cranked up. I would have to crash into a fence or drive into water at high speeds for me to notice that the sound does not hit right at that moment, it arrives just slightly after.

And Cyberpunk isn't going to move anywhere near as fast as FH4.

I’ve tested ATMOS from my PC to receiver,   But I don’t need/use eARC.

eARc to my understanding is more for like when you don’t have a receiver and use a sound bar.

Or perhaps using the TV’s apps would be another use for EARC even when connected to receiver.   But I don’t use the TV Apps.

My OLeD is 60 hz btw,   120hz still seems too demanding for most new games.   And most receivers are having HDMI 2.1 issues 

2 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

I’ve tested ATMOS from my PC to receiver,   But I don’t need/use eARC.

eARc to my understanding is more for like when you don’t have a receiver and use a sound bar.

Or perhaps using the TV’s apps would be another use for EARC even when connected to receiver.   But I don’t use the TV Apps.

My OLeD is 60 hz btw,   120hz still seems too demanding for most new games.   And most receivers are having HDMI 2.1 issues 

eARC is "enhanced" ARC. It is newer and allows for "lossless" Dolby Atmos or DTS-X audio.

Whereas ARC has Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, but its compressed audio.

eARC has more bandwidth available to it, since I think it requires HDMI 2.1. So if you buy a 4K UHD blu-ray movie, and it comes in those 100GB multi-layered discs. Alot of that is uncompressed audio, and eARC allows you to pass the uncompressed audio to the Home Theater system.

I am reading a thread on the HomeTheater subreddit, where a guy is giving a step by step lesson on how Dolby Atmos on Windows 10 is supposed to work with a receiver, and he's doing what you are doing, he is connecting directly from the RTX 3080's HDMI port to the back of the AV Receiver.

But I can't do that because, I believe, I will lose more video features if I do PC > AV Receiver > TV.

I think I may be coming up against a bandwidth problem, because through one HDMI 2.1 cable, I am trying to pass through: 4K with HDR @120Hz at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and Dolby Atmos lossless audio at the same time.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

eARC is "enhanced" ARC. It is newer and allows for "lossless" Dolby Atmos or DTS-X audio.

Whereas ARC has Dolby Atmos and DTS-X, but its compressed audio.

eARC has more bandwidth available to it, since I think it requires HDMI 2.1. So if you buy a 4K UHD blu-ray movie, and it comes in those 100GB multi-layered discs. Alot of that is uncompressed audio, and eARC allows you to pass the uncompressed audio to the Home Theater system.

I am reading a thread on the HomeTheater subreddit, where a guy is giving a step by step lesson on how Dolby Atmos on Windows 10 is supposed to work with a receiver, and he's doing what you are doing, he is connecting directly from the RTX 3080's HDMI port to the back of the AV Receiver.

But I can't do that because, I believe, I will lose more video features if I do PC > AV Receiver > TV.

I think I may be coming up against a bandwidth problem, because through one HDMI 2.1 cable, I am trying to pass through: 4K with HDR @120Hz at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling and Dolby Atmos lossless audio at the same time.

Well there’s rumors some of these HDMI chips can only do 40 GBps,  4K HDR 4:4:4 is over that 40 GBPs limit.

Yave you tried 4:2:2 ?

6 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

Well there’s rumors some of these HDMI chips can only do 40 GBps,  4K HDR 4:4:4 is over that 40 GBPs limit.

Yave you tried 4:2:2 ?

I got lucky with buying the 2019 LG OLED, because they actually have better HDMI 2.1 ports with 48Gbps.

They tried to cut costs on the 2020 LG OLEDs and have 40Gbps ports, even though that is supposed to be enough for the VIDEO features.

But both video and audio, especially passing through lossless Dolby Atmos audio, may be too much.

I'm gonna probably end up trying PC > AV Receiver > TV.

OR, my motherboard does have a HDMI port, as well. I wonder if the motherboard's HDMI can be connected to my Denon AV Receiver, and my nVidia's HDMI can be connected to the TV. I might try that.

Just now, Carlos Vela said:

You have a HDMI 2.1 Receiver?   I doubt you can simply pass thru 4K 120HZ  HDR with a HDMI 2.0 Receiver 

I don't think so. Its a 2019 Denon receiver.  They don't advertise them as HDMI 2.1 ports.

Also, the Dolby Access app on WIndows 10 just got an update within the past couple of hours. I don't know what it improves.

But there are developer notes at the bottom

"Some users with older AVRs based on CirrusLogic chipset might be unable to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. Please contact Dolby support to resolve the issue"

I don't know if that's related.

Actually, I re-read that reddit thread again, and they are saying to use the motherboard's HDMI port to connect directly to the receiver, and to turn on iGPU through the motherboard.

So that may be the better way.

LOL remij's butthurt is spilling into this thread, as well.