Series X Cyberpunk players; Performance or Quality mode?

I think the graphics are important for this game but im starting to have a rough time with the performance on my PC. Combat encounters consistently drop the framerate into the 20-25 range. Im trying to figure out which settings I can drop that will have a minimal impact on the graphics but will up the framerate.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think the graphics are important for this game but im starting to have a rough time with the performance on my PC. Combat encounters consistently drop the framerate into the 20-25 range. Im trying to figure out which settings I can drop that will have a minimal impact on the graphics but will up the framerate.

Probably anything related to graphics. 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Try turning off your computer... should make the experience better :mj: 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

You have a 1660ti right?

26 minutes ago, JonB said:

You have a 1660ti right?

Yeah the main problem is that Im playing at 2K which is too much for the card. I've been tweaking the settings and i think im getting a few more frames on average. I need to do research and see if theres any tweak guides out there yet.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Volumetric Fog, Screen Space Reflections, reduce your FOV, those are good places to start without minimal impact on GFX.

...or not getting a 1660ti in 2020. :tom:

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah the main problem is that Im playing at 2K which is too much for the card. I've been tweaking the settings and i think im getting a few more frames on average. I need to do research and see if theres any tweak guides out there yet.

2060 isn't much more powerful im guessing I could use dlss and probably hit 60 w o rt. Gonna wait to some benchmarks are up on YouTube.  I'm not looking to 1440p tho 

15 minutes ago, JonB said:

2060 isn't much more powerful im guessing I could use dlss and probably hit 60 w o rt. Gonna wait to some benchmarks are up on YouTube.  I'm not looking to 1440p tho 

I’ve had a 2K monitor for 5 years and it’s been both a blessing and a curse. There’s a clear improvement from 1080p > 2K (more so than 2K > 4K IMO) but you pretty much have to play at that native res. It’s not as noticeable on a TV, but when you go down a peg and play at a non-native resolution the drop in quality is huge, everything just looks bad.

40 minutes ago, ChupacabraIII said:

why does it matter now?

JonB is gonna be building a 2500 dollar PC soon to perm Jerry. Should have got the 1440p monitor

Cause you can't get a video card rn. And 2060 isn't enough for 1440p for most big games