The Medium GameSpot review - 9.0

Cry me a river lemmings.  

Star Fox on Wiiu was rendering two seperate things at once.   That didn't stop people from making fun of the low resolution.  No one quoted the top resolution... the lowest was quoted. 

Similar shit with this game.... whatever the lowest resolution is that the res we're quoting. 

Deal with it. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This you?  

Sheep think they are more knowledgeable than Alex from DF 🤣🤣🤣

remember when GS was supposed to be biased against Xbox? but but Tobias Isreal   GS: 9 Meta: 71  

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Cry me a river lemmings.  

Star Fox on Wiiu was rendering two seperate things at once.   That didn't stop people from making fun of the low resolution.  No one quoted the top resolution... the lowest was quoted. 

Similar shit with this game.... whatever the lowest resolution is that the res we're quoting. 

Deal with it. 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, each screen renders completely different assets and effects, which isn’t a typical “split screen”, where both images share the same ones. 

That is incorrect.

Its only sharing assets, like textures.

But it HAS TO RENDER THEM from a completely different angle.

That is processing power devoted to rendering a different image.

That's the way its always been.

Different textures is not some amazing new thing. For starters this is a LINEAR single player game, and this is mostly occuring in small rooms.

The Xbox has what? 12 GB of RAM devoted to in-game assets? There is nothing going on in those textures, or "lighting and shadow" (I don't even know that shadows even exist in some images), that is going to use up 12GB of RAM.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

No one is crying, you guys are just dumb and it's annoying having to explain away your retarded thought processes.

You're calling your very same behavior retarded 😂🤣

What's the matter? Don't like the taste of your own medicine?  lol

Just now, jehurey said:

That is incorrect.

Its only sharing assets, like textures.

But it HAS TO RENDER THEM from a completely different angle.

That is processing power devoted to rendering a different image.

That's the way its always been.

Different textures is not some amazing new thing. For starters this is a LINEAR single player game, and this is mostly occuring in small rooms.

The Xbox has what? 12 GB of RAM devoted to in-game assets? There is nothing going on in those textures, or "lighting and shadow" (I don't even know that shadows even exist in some images), that is going to use up 12GB of RAM.

split screen takes a hit, but not the same kind of hit the medium takes with its style. watch the digital foundry video. it could not be done on last gen systems. 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

split screen takes a hit, but not the same kind of hit the medium takes with its style. watch the digital foundry video. it could not be done on last gen systems. 

It can't be done on last gen systems because of the quick switching back and forth in certain scenes, and its really only this one running scene that is so non-interactive, you can tell that its "just push your stick forward to run" type of gameplay that they might as well have made that a non-interactive cutscene.

But everything else, especially the split screen, is simply pathetic.

Its a SLOW moving scene, with your character walking slowly. In a room, with a fixed camera angle.

This simply seems like a case of little to no optimization. The game is tanking down to 18fps on RTX 3080 video cards. Its not "new, cutting edge, gaming design" that is causing that.

Just now, jehurey said:

It can't be done on last gen systems because of the quick switching back and forth in certain scenes, and its really only this one running scene that is so non-interactive, you can tell that its "just push your stick forward to run" type of gameplay that they might as well have made that a non-interactive cutscene.

But everything else, especially the split screen, is simply pathetic.

Its a SLOW moving scene, with your character walking slowly. In a room, with a fixed camera angle.

This simply seems like a case of little to no optimization. The game is tanking down to 18fps on RTX 3080 video cards. Its not "new, cutting edge, gaming design" that is causing that.

buh buh poor optimization :cry: i'll still to digital foundry's breakdown 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

and it looked like an n64 game :D this at least has ray tracing. 

That Hyperbole.  But thanks for proving my point for me. 

Two points. 

1)Star Fox got knocked for dropping resolution.... no one gave it a pass for rendering two different things at once.   The medium isn't getting a pass either.   It's a low resolution next gen game. 

2) It can be done on weaker hardware as evidenced by other games doing it, so saying it couldn't be done on last gen systems isn't true.  It just wouldn't have ray tracing and would be lower res.

I understand why it's lower res but that doesn't matter on SW. Other games didn't get a pass.  Neither should the Medium. 

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

That Hyperbole.  But thanks for proving my point for me. 

Two points. 

1)Star Fox got knocked for dropping resolution.... no one gave it a pass for rendering two different things at once.   The medium isn't getting a pass either.   It's a low resolution next gen game. 

2) It can be done on weaker hardware as evidenced by other games doing it, so saying it couldn't be done on last gen systems isn't true.  It just wouldn't have ray tracing and would have lower res.

star fox used the exact same assets in both screens (just different angles). how is this difficult to grasp? :D 

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

buh buh poor optimization :cry: i'll still to digital foundry's breakdown 

Two different characters? Each having their own talking cutscenes, one outside and walking around a large farm area and the other going through detailed rooms inside a house? All of it running at normal, expected resolution and framerates?

How is that possible?:idid:

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

star fox used the exact same assets in both screens (just different angles). how is this difficult to grasp? :D 

What make you think that using DIFFERENT TEXTURES is some amazing feat?

Its a linear game, with small rooms..........and the Xbox has 12GB of RAM.

Dude, there should be enough ram to load enough textures for FOUR DIFFERENT sets of textures.

That has nothing to do with processing power.

Just now, jehurey said:

Two different characters? Each having their own talking cutscenes, one outside and walking around a large farm area and the other going through detailed rooms inside a house? All of it running at normal, expected resolution and framerates?

How is that possible?:idid:

lol same textures and overall environment. it's no different than say halo multiplayer split screen. let's drop this :D