• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This you?  

Sheep think they are more knowledgeable than Alex from DF 🤣🤣🤣

remember when GS was supposed to be biased against Xbox? but but Tobias Isreal   GS: 9 Meta: 71  

Posted Images

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

This is like a sheep mental breakdown thread for past grievances lol. Best part is they're trying to compare two completely different rendering environments to make a point.

Dumbasses lol

Just now, Goukosan said:

I'm not commenting on the optimization or whether it is an amazing feat or not.   All that doesn't matter.   

The end result is its low res.  No passes. 

No passes, end result is low Res.. sorry :leo:

Just now, -GD-X said:

lol same textures and overall environment. it's no different than say halo multiplayer split screen. let's drop this :D 

Dude, you seem to not understand how split screen works.

And, you also don't understand how a game console can have OTHER textures loaded in its memory, and you think that's "a second game" being operated at the same time.

The 900p and 30fps is indicative of processing power..........not textures, which is something that is handled by memory.

Dictator

Digital Foundry

Verified
900p or 600p.

I did not expect this.
I am not sure why you would not expect it. It is literally rendering the game 2 times when it does drop down to that resolution. That would happen to any "next gen" game on Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X. If any other next gen game like Demon Souls for example had a dual view port view, it would also probably drop its resolution to 1080p or lower.
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Dude, you seem to not understand how split screen works.

And, you also don't understand how a game console can have OTHER textures loaded in its memory, and you think that's "a second game" being operated at the same time.

The 900p and 30fps is indicative of processing power..........not textures, which is something that is handled by memory.

Textures requires memory which eats away at available bandwidth, also an even larger hit is different effects, assets and geometry.

These all consume immense amounts of bandwidth which neuter the rendering capability of the GPU.

Stop talking, you're an idiot.

2 minutes ago, JonB said:

Dictator

Digital Foundry

Verified
900p or 600p.

I did not expect this.
I am not sure why you would not expect it. It is literally rendering the game 2 times when it does drop down to that resolution. That would happen to any "next gen" game on Playstation 5 or Xbox Series X. If any other next gen game like Demon Souls for example had a dual view port view, it would also probably drop its resolution to 1080p or lower.

Dude, they are literally calling him stupid on neogaf for that explanation.

Did your splitscreen co-op of Halo 2 turn the game from 720p down to 360p?

And no............talking to me about the textures is not the answer. Texture is handled by RAM.

Rendering the screen is handled by the GPU. Drawing the scene is handled by the CPU.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dude, they are literally calling him stupid on neogaf for that explanation.

Did your splitscreen co-op of Halo 2 turn the game from 720p down to 360p?

And no............talking to me about the textures is not the answer. Texture is handled by RAM.

Rendering the screen is handled by the GPU. Drawing the scene is handled by the CPU.

Lmao stfu you retard 🤣

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Textures requires memory which eats away at available bandwidth, also an even larger hit is different effects, assets and geometry.

These all consume immense amounts of bandwidth which neuter the rendering capability of the GPU.

Stop talking, you're an idiot.

The bandwidth doesn't affect how a GPU renders a scene

And the bandwidth from accessing those textures are not affecting the bandwidth in which the GPU renders the screen.

You probably already knew that, but you are trying to play stupid now.

Split-screen................ANY FORM OF SPLIT-SCREEN, that has a second camera angle, is having to draw a scene twice.

Here's the better question..............can you give me a good reason why The Medium with just ONE SCREEN only runs at 30fps?

Because that's a bigger sign of what this game's real problem is.

Just now, JonB said:

Lmao stfu you retard 🤣

You don't know what you are talking about, do you?

Well, of course not...............I'm speaking to the genius who couldn't open a RAR file.

And he literally bought the explanation from the 20 year old Digital Foundry guy who said "you see, its two games happening at the SAME TIME!!!!!!":lawl: