Is the push for diversity hurting gaming?

Just now, JonbX said:

Racism/sexism/gender discrimination arent real causes? 

Not really. What's taking place now is people are stowing division and creating problems with normal people where no problem actually exists. It's all a fringe now, there's no group of people to go after, there's no real or tangible target. It's a bunch of idiots blind firing into a crowd of millions of innocents trying to sus out some bad eggs but in the process fucking over everyone.

It's nonsensical hysteria. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there should be more of a focus on obesity rather than diversity. 

The talent of people I've worked with has never been decided by gender or race. I've met a ton of talented women in my work   Im sure the gaming industry is filled to the brim with women who

i don't get why there's this sudden need for diversity, when it was already there. amy hennig is one of the most respected game directors and script writers over the last 20 years. jade raymond helped

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop said:

Not really. What's taking place now is people are stowing division and creating problems with normal people where no problem actually exists. It's all a fringe now, there's no group of people to go after, there's no real or tangible target. It's a bunch of idiots blind firing into a crowd of millions of innocents trying to sus out some bad eggs but in the process fucking over everyone.

and you're basing this on you living your entire life being discriminated against? 

Or is it that because you don't see it with your own eyes or because you haven't lived it... that means it doesn't exist? 

Edited by Goukosan
5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

That problem still exists to this day hence the entire equality movement. 

People fought for decades to get equal rights. 

Now the people are fighting to be treated equally.  

Those are two different things. 

You're complaining that people want to be treated as equals and that feels like discrimination to you. 

So imagine what real discrimination feells like... when you're treated as less than your entire life. 

Well maybe people should stop broadly living their stereotypes to a T, and then maybe there's room to talk. These communities need to fix themselves, whites have moved along, we're just living life now and watching everyone destroy themselves. It's not our job to fix things for these people. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

IDK how you can honestly think this. 

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Well maybe people should stop broadly living their stereotypes to a T, and then maybe there's room to talk. These communities need to fix themselves, whites have moved along, we're just living life now and watching everyone destroy themselves. It's not our job to fix things for these people. 

WTF kind of post is this?  We're talking about racism and discrimination.  Nothing you said there applies to that except that you're showing how dense you are. 

People are fighting for equal treatment.  Nothing you just said has anything to do with that. 

Edited by Goukosan
13 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Affirmative Action EXISTS became of racism. I do agree that it can be flawed but that is at the fault of racist white people. People with your mindset are the reason that it had to be created and you STILL feel the same way as people did before it was created.

Affirmative action is the definition of racism. Its well intended but its racism nonetheless. I'm no less than a white or an Asian, It's demeaning actually. 

Fuck the white saviors

Edited by Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess
3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

IDK how you can honestly think this. 

Because I'm a rational individual who understands personal responsibility and accountability, you're some brainwashed tool with white guilt who believes it's your responsibility to fix imaginary problems with other people which ironically you're actively creating yourself. 

Edited by DynamiteCop

No.

By any measure, we can see systemic racism, and the effects in education, opportunity for upwards mobility, job opportunity.

Hell BANKING.

There was a report in my local news station today that major banks in the southern part of town are actually handing LESS LOANS by a 8 to 1 margin compared to white neighborhoods.

The report came out TODAY.

So even thought they have enough qualified applicants to issue almost the same amount of loans in black neighborhoods as they do in white neighborhoods.

They actually issue applicants in white neighborhood almost EIGHT TIMES MORE LOANS. While these banks take in deposits from people in black neighborhoods (and make money by holding that money) but barely give out any loans.

That is an amazingly blatant example of systemic racism. Literally have less opportunity to open a business in those neighborhoods, because they don't have the same access to economic opportunities as white neighborhoods.

You are completely blind to this. This is happening all over, and people like you are pretending that it doesn't exist.

Just now, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Affirmative action is the definition of racism. Its well intended but its racism nonetheless. I'm no less than a white or an Asian, It's demeaning actually. 

Whats more racist? AA or discriminating against minorities intentionally?

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Because I'm a rational individual who understands personal responsibility and accountability, you're some brainwashed tool with white guilt who believes it's your responsibility to fix imaginary problems which ironically you're actively creating. 

You're still not addressing racism and or discrimination.    How is the the person who is being discriminated against personal responsibility for being treated that way by someone else? 

Because I'm a rational individual who understands personal responsibility and accountability, you're some brainwashed tool with white guilt who believes it's your responsibility to fix imaginary problems with other people which ironically you're actively creating yourself. 

The problems are not imaginary. You are a liar if you say you dont see racism and sexism.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No.

By any measure, we can see systemic racism, and the effects in education, opportunity for upwards mobility, job opportunity.

Hell BANKING.

There was a report in my local news station today that major banks in the southern part of town are actually handing LESS LOANS by a 8 to 1 margin compared to white neighborhoods.

The report came out TODAY.

So even thought they have enough qualified applicants to issue almost the same amount of loans in black neighborhoods as they do in white neighborhoods.

They actually issue applicants in white neighborhood almost EIGHT TIMES MORE LOANS. While these banks take in deposits from people in black neighborhoods (and make money by holding that money) but barely give out any loans.

That is an amazingly blatant example of systemic racism. Literally have less opportunity to open a business in those neighborhoods, because they don't have the same access to economic opportunities as white neighborhoods.

You are completely blind to this. This is happening all over, and people like you are pretending that it doesn't exist.

Maybe white people pay back their loans at a higher frequency? Maybe they have more collateral? Maybe their income to debt ratios are better? Did you ever stop to think about that? Loans are a risk factor that are assessed just like insurance policies. 

Get the fuck out of here. Like I said, you twats create imaginary problems and don't for a second try to figure out the WHY. You're so focused on the outcomes you never stop to question the reasons as to why something is taking place. It's pathetic, and moronic to the core.

Edited by DynamiteCop
1 minute ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

Obviously intentional,  but where is it? Post facts, less feelings. 

Im not sure if you are following what even yourself is typing?

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Maybe white people pay back their loans at a higher frequency? Maybe they have more collateral? Maybe their income to debt ratios are better? Did you ever stop to think about that? Loans are a risk factor that are assessed just like insurance policies. 

Get the fuck out of here.

No, there is nothing to indicate that.

They have to give out more loans, by law, and they are not doing that.

You just resorted to MAKING RACIST ASSUMPTIONS about black people to justify not giving them loans.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You are typing out the problems but not seeing them :D

That's how it SHOULD WORK but that's not now it actually works in real life.  Hence why things had to be put in place because people and institutions weren't actually treating everyone equally. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, there is nothing to indicate that.

They have to give out more loans, by law, and they are not doing that.

You just resorted to MAKING RACIST ASSUMPTIONS about black people to justify not giving them loans.

Is it really an assumption though jerry? Is it? If I said black people commit crimes at a catastrophically higher rate than whites is that a racist assumption as well? 

Miss me with this bullshit, you guys are so debunked and boring with your incessant crying for people that are not only not you, but who barely make an attempt to fix their own problems. 

It's white people this, white people that, systemic racism! Shut the fuck up. 

Edited by DynamiteCop