Microsoft has purchased Activision Blizzard - WSJ

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Except Sony bought studios that were already operating as a second-party, like Housemarque. Who were never multi-plat developers.   Or the studios had no IPs of their own, they were port dev

No, I don’t rent.

MU ha ha ha ha Mu ha ha ha. The sheep have been Bill Cosby’ed and R Kelly’ed

Posted Images

Just now, ghostz said:

"It's the only way"

What's wrong with this way?

:banderoos:

Thanks for agreeing with what I just said.

:blessed:Which means that you have just agreed with the fact that they AREN'T WINNING, if you just agreed that its the "only" way.

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

No, I asked you what's wrong with that way. 

No, you just agreed with that sentiment.

I even TYPED that sentence, and received no objection.

And  you even moved the topic over whether its good or wrong............which quite frankly, I don't care about that.

but its important in that you clearly didn't object to the phrase I said from the very beginning "the ONLY way Microsoft can win"

The word was there from the very beginning.:blessed:

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you just agreed with that sentiment.

I even TYPED that sentence, and received no objection.

And  you even moved the topic over whether its good or wrong............which quite frankly, I don't care about that.

but its important in that you clearly didn't object to the phrase I said from the very beginning "the ONLY way Microsoft can win"

The word was there from the very beginning.:blessed:

so if it’s neither good or bad, what point were you trying to make?

:reg:

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

so if it’s neither good or bad, what point were you trying to make?

\

i already explained the point.

about 3-4 times already now.

pretending to play stupid isn't going to help you, at this point.

I dunno, still feel like this is shit for everyone long term. 

short term it’s all great, Microsoft is still in customer acquisition mode, they’re absolutely fine taking massive losses to get that established user base. We get a cheap service with plenty of great games. 

how does this play out when they get the user base and turn their attention to recouping those losses and start profiting. Two main ways to do that are either increasing subscription cost (or creating tiers, etc) or cutting operating cost. Reality is it’s a combination of both of those. Easiest way to cut operating cost is to cease the development of games that cost a decent amount of money to make but don’t move the needle on subscribers. To me, that’s mostly AA games that finally started to make a return in recent years. Something like Crash for example, where it’s not exactly cheap to make and the amount of subscribers to be gained (ie. people who aren’t already paying for the service to play things like CoD, Elder Scrolls, Diablo, etc) isn’t enough to offset those costs. 

we’ll see I guess, hopefully I’m wrong, but too much consolidation happening in the industry today. The saving grace is that it’s coinciding with indie development being in a bit of a golden age and easier/more accessible than ever. 

Edited by Casual
49 minutes ago, Casual said:

how does this play out when they get the user base and turn their attention to recouping those losses and start profiting.

The penny drops :vince:

Companies like Microsoft don't become wealthy by being generous. If you want to know what Microsoft would look like in a dominant position lool at their history.

Hint: It's never good for tbe consumer :reg:

Ghostz has to be the biggest retard on the entire site. With his unquestionable love for Microsoft and Apple he absolutely loves trillion dollar megacorps that treat him like shit and abuse him anyway tjey can.

This fucker rents everything he owns too. Guy is broke as shit but still happily gives every cent he has to people with far more money than he can ever imagine and gives zero fucks about treating him wjth any sort of dignity. He's the perfect tool.

• Geese 1
1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

This fucker rents everything he owns too. Guy is broke as shit but still happily gives every cent he has to people with far more money than he can ever imagine and gives zero fucks about treating him wjth any sort of dignity. He's the perfect tool.

:deader::deader::deader::deader:

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Ghostz has to be the biggest retard on the entire site. With his unquestionable love for Microsoft and Apple he absolutely loves trillion dollar megacorps that treat him like shit and abuse him anyway tjey can.

What do I rent? :tom:

4 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Holy shit at the meltdowns. :kaz:

'Mmm take away my choice harder Mr trillion dollar corporation with a history of anti-consumer behaviour :glad: Your plastic box is my favourite"

That's actually what you sound like. Do you have stock in Microsoft? No? Then you're a tool shilling for one of the most anti-consumer corporations on the planet

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL, lemmings are actually getting angry because its not getting the reaction they had hoped.:drake:

You know its bad when Phil Spencer has to go to pervs and sexual assault people to find content.

Yeah bro, MS bought Activision/Blizzard and boy I am angry!

I am so angry playing from my Xbox.

56 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

'Mmm take away my choice harder Mr trillion dollar corporation with a history of anti-consumer behaviour :glad: Your plastic box is my favourite"

That's actually what you sound like. Do you have stock in Microsoft? No? Then you're a tool shilling for one of the most anti-consumer corporations on the planet

Lmfao, I own an Xbox and I look forward to getting those Activision games as part of Gamepass.

How am I shilling?

All I see are cowsheep tears :kaz:

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Lmfao, I own an Xbox and I look forward to getting those Activision games as part of Gamepass.

How am I shilling?

Yeah, that's literally the behavior of a shill, right there.

Suddenly pretending that you are all into Activision games.

13 hours ago, Ramza said:

Of course it's all about Gamepass but they still release their games on other platforms, as it generates better revenue from the product. 

I have yet to see an exclusive GP game. 

The point is now you can play CoD for a cheap monthly fee, they don't need to remove the product from other platforms to entice people into subscribing to Gamepass. The cheap value is the appeal, not it's exclusivity.

Guarantee you that if Starfield sell below expectations they will quickly release a PS5 port without thinking twice.

All the Bethesda games are MS exclusive.  How can people not remember this?  Everyone and their uncle was saying Bethesda would never deny PS but it happened and is confirmed.  Only on MS platforms.  Why would they not do the same for Blizzard/Activision? lmao

If sony wants those games on their platform they can pay MS for them through Gamepass.  Simple.

Edited by Spicalicious
36 minutes ago, Spicalicious said:

All the Bethesda games are MS exclusive.  How can people not remember this?  Everyone and their uncle was saying Bethesda would never deny PS but it happened and is confirmed.  Only on MS platforms.  Why would they not do the same for Blizzard/Activision? lmao

If sony wants those games on their platform they can pay MS for them through Gamepass.  Simple.

Sony isn't paying a dime for GamePass.

And they are not going to allow a gaming subscription service run on their Playstation consoles, that THEY (Sony) are not in complete ownership of.

So, unless Microsoft gives Sony a significant cut of GamePass subscriptions that are played on Playstation consoles, the only way Sony will allow these Microsoft owned games is if they are developed natively and licensed as third-party retail games approved by Sony to sell for the Playstation.

3 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

How am I shilling?

The fact that this concept goes over your head shows how dumb you actually are.

There's really no hope for humanity is there.