After a strong debut, the long-awaited 'Halo Infinite' game now appears to be struggling to retain players

5 hours ago, jehurey said:

Yup, I legitimately feel bad for that long-time Halo fan, who has been there all of those years.

They are purposely drawing out the modes that the Halo diehard would enjoy the most, over the course of months.

So that the Halo fanboy keeps on paying for GamePass monthly renewals into the first half of 2022.

That really is a shitty way to treat your customers.

This will likely become a popular tactic too for Gamepass. Drag out releases to keep the schmuks like Malatard paying month after month.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do you think they’re piecemeal-ing Forge and co-op?      

I enjoyed the campaign.   Problem, jer? You need to lose some weight.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Who didn't see this coming, it was all too predictable

Nu-MS Failo by a shit studio and it's too old and slow for zoomers to ever care about.

Halo BR mode incoming.. it's what the kids want.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

BF being brought up every time Halo is mentioned.

Here's an idea; They both suck :reg:

I bring up BF only because of Twinblades constant crying about Halo. And Halo doesnt suck. It reviewed well and has had 20 million people play it. Its the 6th most popular game on xbox. So theres that. 

Maybe you dont like it. Thats fine. 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

BF being brought up every time Halo is mentioned.

Here's an idea; They both suck :reg:

I only did because Twinblade chimed in.. that guy has no room to talk smack about Halo Infinite failing the way he does :D 

343i dropped the ball for sure with Infinite.. nobody can deny that :[  

1 minute ago, JonbX said:

I bring up BF only because of Twinblades constant crying about Halo. And Halo doesnt suck. It reviewed well and has had 20 million people play it. Its the 6th most popular game on xbox. So theres that. 

Maybe you dont like it. Thats fine. 

Twinblade's preferred game suffering an even quicker death doesn't take away anything he says about Halo though. One game's outcome has no relevance on the other. Last year, all 3 major FPS games were major disappointments and all of them massively underperformed in longevity. BF by far the worst, COD while still the best selling game had signficant lower numbers than past entries and Halo is already dying a couple months after it's first release in years and it's MP F2P model has been so atrocious that even ppl who like the core gameplay have left it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Remij said:

I only did because Twinblade chimed in.. that guy has no room to talk smack about Halo Infinite failing the way he does :D 

343i dropped the ball for sure with Infinite.. nobody can deny that :[  

Misery loves company haha consolation of BF failing by seeing Halo do it too (to a much lesser degree)

Twinblade's preferred game suffering an even quicker death doesn't take away anything he says about Halo though. One game's outcome has no relevance on the other. Last year, all 3 major FPS games were major disappointments and all of them massively underperformed in longevity. BF by far the worst, COD while still the best selling game had signficant lower numbers than past entries and Halo is already dying a couple months after it's first release in years and it's MP F2P model has been so atrocious that even ppl who like the core gameplay have left it. 

It does tho. 

Disappointment or not, to YOU. Halo has had over 20 million players. It got generally great review scores and is still the 6th most played game on Xbox. Sure, the expectations were not met. But to say it sucks, is subjective, and wrong.

You speak of longevity and base this on what? Only Steam player count? What about Xbox? Where its the most played Halo game ever?

6 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Misery loves company haha consolation of BF failing by seeing Halo do it too (to a much lesser degree)

:( 

I enjoyed Halo's single player, and I actually really like the multiplayer.. but it was never like I was going to constantly stick to the game and play it for months and months on end.

I never really was that type of gamer though.  But I feel it's clear the gameplay is on point, but these days MP games are all about this progression shit, and it's clear that they dropped the ball hard, and with the low amount of content they had ready... it's not surprising to see the dropoff we are. 

Both Halo and BF deserve to be in the positions they are right now, after how they launched.  I admit that.

Edited by Remij
1 minute ago, JonbX said:

It does tho. 

Disappointment or not, to YOU. Halo has had over 20 million players. It got generally great review scores and is still the 6th most played game on Xbox. Sure, the expectations were not met. But to say it sucks, is subjective, and wrong.

You speak of longevity and base this on what? Only Steam player count? What about Xbox? Where its the most played Halo game ever?

I'm not talking about my opinion in any way. All 3 failed to meet any of their expectations and all 3 are either dead or dying and none have become the current major shooter or taken any significant market share from others. 

Quoting total player count on a F2P and GP game is laughable and in fact only makes the current numbers look even worse and enforce what I'm saying about how little of those numbers they have retained. 

When xbox starts giving their numbers I'll happily quote them but till then we can use what we have. 

I'm not talking about my opinion in any way. All 3 failed to meet any of their expectations and all 3 are either dead or dying and none have become the current major shooter or taken any significant market share from others. 

Quoting total player count on a F2P and GP game is laughable and in fact only makes the current numbers look even worse and enforce what I'm saying about how little of those numbers they have retained. 

When xbox starts giving their numbers I'll happily quote them but till then we can use what we have. 

Dead or dying when its the 6th most played game on Xbox? Only behind games like Roblox, FN, Warzone and Apex? Lol. You are just trying to shit on Halo. Halo is NOT dying. COD is NOT dying.

BF, yeah, it died.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

:( 

I enjoyed Halo's single player, and I actually really like the multiplayer.. but it was never like I was going to constantly stick to the game and play it for months and months on end.

I never really was that type of gamer though.  But I feel it's clear the gameplay is on point, but these days MP games are all about this progression shit, and it's clear that they dropped the ball hard, and with the low amount of content they had ready... it's not surprising to see the dropoff we are. 

Both Halo and BF deserve to be in the positions they are right now, after how they launched.  I admit that.

I actually really was hoping it would be the game I play on and off for months and unfortunately I found I was even forcing myself to play it in the first few weeks, hoping that it would stick. But there were just too many issues. The core gameplay is good but at the same time also imo not amazing. The grappling hook was so underutilised and content wise everything was so lacking. Might sound crazy but I honestly think Splitgate gameplay is better. Both have the same type of core gunplay but the splitgate portal gameplay adds so much. Also felt their guns were more balanced all round. Plus it has a much better F2P model, way more content and the ranked modes were better. 

It feels like there is currently an opening for a new FPS to come in and possibly take a slice of the pie, the same way PUBG and fortnite did years ago.  

3 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Dead or dying when its the 6th most played game on Xbox? Only behind games like Roblox, FN, Warzone and Apex? Lol. You are just trying to shit on Halo. Halo is NOT dying. COD is NOT dying.

BF, yeah, it died.

Dying means a constant reduction of players. Something Halo has had since launch.

https://steamplayercount.com/app/1240440

Pretty much 50% decline in player count every month since launch lol. When a game is losing -50% a month it very much is 'dying' whether you want to believe it or not :reg: