Digital Foundry || Horizon Forbidden West - Digital Foundry Tech Review - A PS5 Graphics Masterclass

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2020 - Series X will be putting out superior looking games than PS5...... Oh wait sorry about that it will happen in 2021 when teh tools mature    2021 - 2020 was a fluke with PS5 having bet

So I take it you don’t play any switch games? Because most of them can barely hit 30 fps consistently, let alone 60.

Lemijustwait

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

E32QpnbXMAcpK6-.jpg.c03bd17607f01ab8e93dd51a0bb39137.jpg

Alright then, prove me wrong. Post a photo of a game right now on Series X that looks better than Horizon or Ratchet.......I'll wait :roff:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

I disagree.  FH5 looks better.

AstonishingApprehensiveDragonfly-size_restricted.gif.77afbc0b59880c5be9da139e81f74e3a.gif

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

:drake: FOH, I don't have one either but I can google pictures and footage. What's stopping you from doing the same?

Posts some screenshots to prove your point and stop being a chicken.

Oh I thought you wanted me to take some.

I'll see if I can find some high quality ones.

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO you're full of shit.. saying the dumbest shit in this thread already... don't outdo yourself..

Nah. The game looks good when you’re going 150 mph and everything is blurred out by the motion blur, but below that the graphical flaws stick out like a sore thumb. The geometry (outside of the vegetation) is simple and the pop in/billboarding is jarring at times. 

PS5 definitely has better looking games.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Nah. The game looks good when you’re going 150 mph and everything is blurred out by the motion blur, but below that the graphical flaws stick out like a sore thumb. The geometry (outside of the vegetation) is simple and the pop in/billboarding is jarring at times. 

PS5 definitely has better looking games.

PS5 has exactly two better looking games...and they're not massively better looking.  They're way different in a technical way... Horizon already has problem as it is moving at the speeds it does... can you imagine 150MPH :drake:

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Nah bro. They are pretty incredible. 

Yep.  Especially when considering how fast you can travel through the environments, destroy most vegetation and other objects.

I don't know what other game looks that good moving through it at that speed.  Not to mention you can literally have tons of other players driving around causing destruction too...

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.  Especially when considering how fast you can travel through the environments, destroy most vegetation and other objects.

I don't know what other game looks that good moving through it at that speed.  Not to mention you can literally have tons of other players driving around causing destruction too...

Yeah, on a technical level, fh5 is a technical marvel. I feel like horizon 2 and fh5 (funny how both have ‘horizon’ in their names) are the best mix of geometry, scale and effects. 

9 minutes ago, Ike said:

GT7’s car models look better than FH5. Forbidden West is better than anything on Xbox graphically. 

Agreed. The environments…not so much. Also, it’s easier to focus on the cars when it’s a closed circuit racer. That’s why the cars in Forza 7 looked way better than the ones in FH 4. 

14 minutes ago, Ike said:

GT7’s car models look better than FH5. Forbidden West is better than anything on Xbox 

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The graphic analysis professionals picked Ratchet over FH5 by a mile :umad:

These are indisputable facts!

Fact of the matter is MS studios are still trying to top the first Horizon game from last gen  while Sony has already moved into higher gear this gen. None of the MS studios are touching anything Sony has.

You can just hear the way John and the other DF guys are gushing over Horizon 2 and R&C. You’ll never hear them speak that way about FH5 or any Xbox game. Next up is GT7 and then God of War before Spiderman 2 from the Insomnigods blesses us next year :aitch:

FFDA9631-1259-4C4D-850B-6974395562A3.jpeg

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

Agreed. The environments…not so much. Also, it’s easier to focus on the cars when it’s a closed circuit racer. That’s why the cars in Forza 7 looked way better than the ones in FH 4. 

The weather effects, sky box and lighting in FH5 are also miles behind GT7’s, don’t forget that :tocry:

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

The weather effects, sky box and lighting in FH5 are also miles behind GT7’s, don’t forget that :tocry:

Sure. However, the environments in FH5 are significantly better and are in an open world. Forza 8 is going to take a dump on GT7. Regardless, I’m glad Forza finally has a competitor. I will be getting GT. The dual sense is going own with it!