The Last of Us Remake Part 1 is coming to PS5/PC

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't wait this is my favorite series! Gonna be a blast to play on the system it was always meant for!  

Lol the PC version isn't even coming out at the same time, all they're saying is that its 'in development'. Congrats on getting to play the waiting game yet again 

No need to.    Sony current strategy which they laid out is working.    Release new games on PlayStation first, once it reaches its sales threshold etc.. Port it to PC and reap the

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

“Shortly after” means nothing, it still has no release date. Neil also said Factions Two was coming “shortly after” and years later we are still waiting.

10 million sales after 1.5 years is amazing dude, stop trying to downplay it. The only game Sony has that sold faster is Spiderman and that’s an established IP. 

I mean.. cmon.. lol

First it was "lol you're getting PSNow versions"...

Then it was waiting 3 years for an announcement in a random blog post, with another half year for release with Horizon ZD...

Just recently it was 1.5 years later for Miles Morales.. and Uncharted Collection and Spider-man PC announcement trailer during their State of Plays...

And now in a PS5 game reveal/announcement trailer, they're mentioning the PC version is also in development, and releasing shortly thereafter...

This shit is happening faster than you guys EVER expected.  There's no more reason to be in denial about it.  I said before that by the end of this gen Sony will be releasing games day and date on PS5/PC... and they're sure moving that fast.

After TLOU and Spider-man... what's sacred anymore?  As soon as they see that this does NOTHING to their console business and brings in 100s of millions of dollars extra every year... it's a done deal.

Edited by Remij

Surprised it's not day and date on PC tbh. Practically the only reason to make this game (Other than to have it also be a Part 1 so matches up with Part 2 prior to the show). 

I think if this updates to the TLOU2 gameplay/controls then that alone makes it better than 99% of remakes, let alone the graphical stuff. TLOU2 gameplay was so fucking smooth! 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Surprised it's not day and date on PC tbh. Practically the only reason to make this game (Other than to have it also be a Part 1 so matches up with Part 2 prior to the show). 

I think if this updates to the TLOU2 gameplay/controls then that alone makes it better than 99% of remakes, let alone the graphical stuff. TLOU2 gameplay was so fucking smooth! 

It's a joke we only got a single piece of concept art, but I am legitimately very hyped about the multiplayer game. Just to get back into that sick 3rd person stealth action. :lawd:

Edited by sugarhigh
17 minutes ago, Remij said:

I mean.. cmon.. lol

First it was "lol you're getting PSNow versions"...

Then it was waiting 3 years for an announcement in a random blog post, with another half year for release with Horizon ZD...

Just recently it was 1.5 years later for Miles Morales.. and Uncharted Collection and Spider-man PC announcement trailer during their State of Plays...

And now in a PS5 game reveal/announcement trailer, they're mentioning the PC version is also in development, and releasing shortly thereafter...

This shit is happening faster than you guys EVER expected.  There's no more reason to be in denial about it.  I said before that by the end of this gen Sony will be releasing games day and date on PS5/PC... and they're sure moving that fast.

After TLOU and Spider-man... what's sacred anymore?  As soon as they see that this does NOTHING to their console business and brings in 100s of millions of dollars extra every year... it's a done deal.

No one is in denial of anything. By the way this is a PS3 game remastered and then remade because of a TV show. You need to relax on your celebration, you’re jumping the gun.

Miles Morales is also a PS4 game. If we start getting actual PS5 exclusives day and date on PC then you can rejoice. So far we haven’t seen a single PS5 Only exclusive release on PC what more day and date like you are claiming here :hest:

I game on PC and PS5 so I have nothing in this fight, just calling out the facts. If Sony ever starts releasing all their games on PC day and date, I’ll be the first to sell my PS5. You lems are too hungry to own the cows that you are trying to make it look like Sony is following in MS’ footsteps when there is a marked difference between the way both of them choose to release their games on PC.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

No one isn in denial of anything. By the way this is a PS3 game remastered and then remade because of a TV show. You need to relax on your celebration, you’re jumping the gun.

Miles Morales is also a PS4 game. If we start getting actual PS5 exclusives day and date on PC then you can rejoice. So far we haven’t seen a single PS5 Only exclusive release on PC what more day and date like you are claiming here :hest:

Nah fam.  This is one of my favorite Playstation games coming completely remade to PC.

I don't give a fuck if it's 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years later... TCHBFR... and I'm happy.

I don't think I'm jumping any gun, I think cows are simply trying to downplay what Sony's been doing as best as they can.   That's understandable... but I was a cow breh... I know the fact that these games are no longer exclusive irks the shit out of them :D 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I wonder if it will include TLOU: Left Behind content?

Another comparison of a clicker.

8ec696e7-6607-4f61-bulkzp.jpeg

yup, left behind will be included. you even see it in the trailer:

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah fam.  This is one of my favorite Playstation games coming completely remade to PC.

I don't give a fuck if it's 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years later... TCHBFR... and I'm happy.

I don't think I'm jumping any gun, I think cows are simply trying to downplay what Sony's been doing as best as they can.   That's understandable... but I was a cow breh... I know the fact that these games are no longer exclusive irks the shit out of them :D 

these are games that were already made for the PS4.

We're in the PS5 gen, and Sony has already confirmed that PS5 owners will have their PS5 exclusives

Screenshot-2022-05-26-004513-768x419.jpg

There's nothing to be irked about.

There's people literally being blown away about God of War's amazing cinematics from 2018............because nothing on their PC comes close to that type of production quality.

Hell, I doubt anything on the PC has ever had the production quality of the first level of God of War 3 on the side of a Gaia.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

these are games that were already made for the PS4.

These are games Sony are releasing... to PS5 customers...

and now PC customers...

Deal with it :tom: 

Just now, Remij said:

Oh shit you're right!  That's good to know.

man, talking about the game, and thinking about the show, makes me want to play this remake...like tonight lol.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i think fighting about ps exclusivity is dumb now. pretty much every franchise will end up on pc, at some point.

Exactly.  They're fighting a war of attrition, and they know I'm ultimately going to win. :D 

The line has been crossed.. the sooner they just embrace it the better it will be.

• Upvote 1
Just now, -GD-X said:

i think fighting about ps exclusivity is dumb now. pretty much every franchise will end up on pc, at some point.

the sooner the better.  we don't need artificial separation between pc, xbox, and playstation when they all have the same fucking parts inside.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Exactly.  They're fighting a war of attrition, and they know I'm ultimately going to win. :D 

The line has been crossed.. the sooner they just embrace it the better it will be.

word. you called it and it's happening - fast af too. if pc versions mean getting games built for the ps5 (not ps4), i'm all in.

Just now, sugarhigh said:

the sooner the better.  we don't need artificial separation between pc, xbox, and playstation when they all have the same fucking parts inside.

true. it should come down to what platform you prefer.

10 minutes ago, Remij said:

These are games Sony are releasing...

you're talking about re-selling of games.

I'm talking about where and how they got developed, at its core.

did you honestly think that would work with me?:drake:

18 minutes ago, Remij said:

It probably pisses off the hardcore cows but they’ve had plenty of time to come to grips with it. It’s not like Sony started releasing games on PC today. The writing has been on the wall since 2019 when they released HZD on Steam. Just saying that as long as PS5 still has exclusives, it’s a relevant console and it’s not in the same boat as Xbox.

So far all we’ve been getting on PC is PS4 games and in this case a PS3 remake. That’s still far from from releasing all their PS5 exclusives day and date on PC. Right now PS5 is still young and a majority of the games Sony has are PS4 games and remasters for it but as time moves on and we get more true PS5 exclusives, the difference between Sony’s PC release approach and MS’ will become clear.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

word. you called it and it's happening - fast af too. if pc versions mean getting games built for the ps5 (not ps4), i'm all in.

true. it should come down to what platform you prefer.

yep, and from the developer side, there only needs to be one build path.  vulkan exists, there's no need for another api.