Spider-Man on PC peaked at 66,436 on Steam

It probably sold nearly 100x as many copies in its first week on console. 20m total on just PS4 alone. 

Here’s proof again, PC will just get scraps that hermits will be begging for plenty of months after console. :reg: 

• NPC 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

40+ year old and still can't afmit he was wrong Jerry will never know what the touch of a woman feels like so it all works out in the end

I want to mod it on PC. I’m very into modding games.

Posted Images

To be fair it has been on PS4 for 4 years and PS5 for 2 yeaes, and its releasing on multiple stores on PC. Of course it's going to be drastically lower lol.

I wouldn't buy it unless its under £10 and that's precisely because I've already played it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Remij said:

Retarded thread :tom:

Says the person waiting 14 years now for Bloodborne on PC. Demon's Souls isn't even there yet either. :muttley: 

Enjoy the wait playing Slimepass while PlayStation owners get to experience peak gaming. :lawd:

• aitch 1

Probably because the game isn’t very good lol. It’s actually very boring, this coming from someone who beat MM (took like 4 hours) and struggled to play the remaster because it’s literally more of the same. 

swinging is fun for 5 minutes and loses its charm quickly. 

i also LOVED the amazing Spider-Man game. The problem is… this is the exact same game with better graphics. 

• NPC 1
55 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

To be fair it has been on PS4 for 4 years and PS5 for 2 yeaes, and its releasing on multiple stores on PC. Of course it's going to be drastically lower lol.

I wouldn't buy it unless its under £10 and that's precisely because I've already played it.

I’m not picking it up on Steam either until I can get it for $10. Minor PC upgrades aren’t enough for me to spend $60 on it right now.

It's an old game and it's pretty expensive. It's almost the price of a full game. Hard sell. 

Also, not everyone has a top of the line PC, triple AAA productions aren't necessarily what sells the most on PC. Like I bet most people who bought it full price was mostly because they wanted to benchmark their PC and see how far they could push the visuals.

Not that it would ever sell as much as on Playstation regardless but day one releases would definitely sell a lot more than this. 

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Maybe he should use twitch views as the metric instead of number of people playing the game.... Amirite? :umad:

Well I'm not saying concurrent users as a metric is retarded.. I'm saying the thought process behind a 4 year old full priced game being proof that Steam users don't/won't buy Playstation games is retarded.

The only thing it's really proof of is that PC gamers wont buy Sony games en masse if they're stupidly overpriced 4 year old games.

They priced this one out of a lot of upfront sales on the PC side.. however it should continue to do good numbers as sales come through over time.  It's definitely generating more revenue for Sony than God of War did seeing as how it's $10 more lol.

I think this is Sony testing the waters of how high they can push prices for these 2+ year old ports.  Will be interesting to see what they do with Miles Morales.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Sony already spelled out this strategy. 

Get all the premium sales on PlayStation, then PC players get it years later. 

Rinse and repeat. 

I mean that's fine. This is opposed to never getting those games on PC period, like pretty much every other gen. Easy AAA and AAs.

Pretty much a win win.

Edited by Substatic

well..................there's ANOTHER REASON why it only sold 66K on steam.

But if the so-called hermits on this forum were to reveal why that is, they would simply be pointing out the other major issue that is going to result in developers treating the PC gaming community as an after-thought.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

This game was out on torrents immediately when it released, I bet there's a correlation between that and the lower than expected steam numbers.

Filthy hermit pirates never change :shake:

£50 for a 4 year old game that's like half that price on other systems. Is it really surprising people don't want to pay the price tag?

Just now, TLHBO said:

£50 for a 4 year old game that's like half that price on other systems. Is it really surprising people don't want to pay the price tag?

Ports cost money. Especially if you are contracting that out to a studio years after original development.

I very much would like Sony and Jim Ryan to see how the PC gaming community immediately pirate at the first chance they can get.

It doesn't matter if the game were priced at $40 or $30, the same exact thing would've happened.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

well..................there's ANOTHER REASON why it only sold 66K on steam.

But if the so-called hermits on this forum were to reveal why that is, they would simply be pointing out the other major issue that is going to result in developers treating the PC gaming community as an after-thought.

It didn't only sell 66K on Steam :drake: 

That's concurrent players dumbass...  The actual amount of players that bought the game by now is easily over 500K.  It's tracking about as well as God of War... which did ~1 million in less than 2 months..

And yea... releasing a 4 year old game for full price IS a good way of getting people to pirate your game.

It's more like PC gamers are treating Sony exclusives as an afterthought :hehe: 

Edited by Remij
  • aitch 2