Starfield was supposed to release today

What I find odd is that, in the 24 hours after the game was shown, people were somewhat underwhelmed by it.

Like we eventually dug out the truth from Todd Howard and found out that the "you can explore the entire planet" promise is actually "point at any part of the planet, and it will auto-generate some random scenery and random loot" in reality.

And I think they discovered that there's only like a handful of alien races.

But, as more time has passed on, these same people just forgot that stuff, and convinced themselves to be excited for Starfield again.

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

What I find odd is that, in the 24 hours after the game was shown, people were somewhat underwhelmed by it.

Like we eventually dug out the truth from Todd Howard and found out that the "you can explore the entire planet" promise is actually "point at any part of the planet, and it will auto-generate some random scenery and random loot" in reality.

And I think they discovered that there's only like a handful of alien races.

But, as more time has passed on, these same people just forgot that stuff, and convinced themselves to be excited for Starfield again.

Regardless of what anyone says, nobody wants entire planets to be explorable.  It would all just be exactly what you said, procedural scenery with a couple of hot spots with some actual design behind it.

It's better to cut out the complete bullshit and streamline it.

Edited by Remij
  • Like 1

Bethesda is one of the most overrated and unproductive studios around. Their games take forever and are buggy, boring pieces of shit. Starfield definitely looks to keep that tradition. Good luck getting TESVI before 2030 as well. :hest:

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Bethesda is one of the most overrated and unproductive studios around. Their games take forever and are buggy, boring pieces of shit. Starfield definitely looks to keep that tradition. Good luck getting TESVI before 2030 as well. :hest:

Elderscrolls and Fallout owns so hard, no other RPGs like this in the industry. :juggle:  

One of the first thing I will do on my next PC is play Fallout 4 in VR with high fidelity graphics.

And I already played the game for 200 hours + on PS4 and PC. Bethesda can take their sweet ass time for all I care. :juggle: 

• Like 1

Why are people acting like Bethesda isn't going to pay off for MS? 

Starfield is the 3rd most wishlisted game on all of Steam.  It's going to be an absolute BEHEMOTH on PC.. and that's even considering GamePass.  It's going to do big numbers there as well.  And Lemmings are basically foaming at the mouth for an Xbox exclusive they can support at this point...

Let's not forget Starfield is the game that Sony was trying desperately to get as a Playstation exclusive... and there's a good reason for that.  When it launches, it's going to be an event.. that's for sure.

can we all agree that even though Bethesda gets negative rep for many reasons (many justified), jehurey's opinion on it (or anything really) is way worse? my god, reading his shit is so painful all  the time

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Why are people acting like Bethesda isn't going to pay off for MS? 

Bethesda is, in no way, going to match their sales output from 2008 to 2018 when they released FO3, NV, Skyrim, FO4, Wolfenstein New Order/New Colossus, Doom.

That's just not going to happen. MS bought them at their most inflated price.

Its why Zenimax sold.