Killzone 2 2009 was a more impactful game than Halo Infinitite 2020?

I can't wait for rpcs3 to bring this game back. It set a new standard in first person animation, still best in class cover system.  Nothing like inching around a corner while Helghast bullets are ricocheting past, chipping off your cover.

17 hours ago, Sabo said:

KZ2, if only it played as good as it looked. The gunplay in that game was awful, I hated that "weighty" feel it was going for.

I enjoyed the game but yeah, it was really hard to aim and slow. With a very distinguishable latency to adjusting your aim with the right stick.

So I would strafe with the left stick instead to adjust my aim, it worked well online. Lmao.

But seriously, KZ2 online was pretty cool, some of the maps were genuinely great.

• Like 1
On 2022-12-24 at 7:28 AM, Sabo said:

KZ2, if only it played as good as it looked. The gunplay in that game was awful, I hated that "weighty" feel it was going for.

I remember the gunplay being quite good. Great weapon feel and sound, good feedback, enemy animations when you shot them are still good to this day

But they undermined all that cause of the input lag which was beyond ridiculous

On 2022-12-24 at 7:48 PM, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Killzone 3 & 4 were terrible games 

Wrong, killzone 3 fucking owned. I remember all the battlefield vs cod arguments that year and its funny they both got 8.5 same as killzone 3. It was an underrated gem.

Shadowfall was a misstep I dont think anyone would disagree with that.

On 2022-12-24 at 5:47 PM, Voidler said:

I remember the gunplay being quite good. Great weapon feel and sound, good feedback, enemy animations when you shot them are still good to this day

But they undermined all that cause of the input lag which was beyond ridiculous

That wasn't input lag, that was intentional. That's the "weighty" feel I was talking about.

13 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Wrong, killzone 3 fucking owned. I remember all the battlefield vs cod arguments that year and its funny they both got 8.5 same as killzone 3. It was an underrated gem.

Shadowfall looked pretty though, I'll give it that. Hell, that game still looks good even by today's standards and that was a launch title.

20 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Yeah, I liked Killzone 3. I didn’t care for Shadowfall.