Don't sleep on The Quarry

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cute but Kaitlyn......    

I have lost several peeps because of the awful aiming lol. I’m setting that shit to auto-kill for the next playthrough. Only 3 peeps survived   aside from the ass fuck aiming, the end game owned. The

Also they should stop churning out Dark Anthology episodes and focus on quality. David Cage is completely delusional about his talents as a writer/director but every Quantic Dream game was a big leap

Posted Images

its probably a fantastic party game to play during one-night with a group of friends.

And they have such a mode in which its pretty much a choose-your-own-adventure cinematic mode in which you pass around the controller.

it was a fun experience. It does have some replay value because the more common ending is shorter, and you would miss out on a few more scenes involving certain characters that you need to keep alive in order for you to get to that extended ending.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Supermassive is a good dev. Wish Sony would’ve just bought them after Until Dawn. 

Also they should stop churning out Dark Anthology episodes and focus on quality. David Cage is completely delusional about his talents as a writer/director but every Quantic Dream game was a big leap in performance capture and realistic environments. Supermassive does better when they take their time on a concept.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sugarhigh said:

Also they should stop churning out Dark Anthology episodes and focus on quality. David Cage is completely delusional about his talents as a writer/director but every Quantic Dream game was a big leap in performance capture and realistic environments. Supermassive does better when they take their time on a concept.

Detroit blows all of these games out of the water, in terms of the weight of your decisions. I’ve seen every sequence in that game, and the amount of variety makes until dawn feel linear lol. Apparently, this isn’t as good as until dawn, in terms of decision-making, so Detroit is still king. 

for example, you get an achievement if Connor dies 10 times (10 actual deaths in the story)  in a single playthrough.  The whole story is fucking dark if you go this path, yet amusing af :D 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Detroit blows all of these games out of the water, in terms of the weight of your decisions. I’ve seen every sequence in that game, and the amount of variety makes until dawn feel linear lol. Apparently, this isn’t as good as until dawn, in terms of decision-making, so Detroit is still king. 

for example, you get an achievement if Connor dies 10 times in a single playthrough.  The whole story is fucking dark if you go this path, yet amusing af :D 

Yeah Detroit was so good. I wish they were making another original game instead of that star wars game thats apparently in development hell.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

for example, you get an achievement if Connor dies 10 times (10 actual deaths in the story)  in a single playthrough.  The whole story is fucking dark if you go this path, yet amusing af :D 

I like Quantic Dreams mini game design more than Supermassive. Detroit might still be mechanically better but The Quarry is just more entertaining, better story, and excellent performances. More fun to play with other people even if they're just calling out choices.

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I like Quantic Dreams mini game design more than Supermassive. Detroit might still be mechanically better but The Quarry is just more entertaining, better story, and excellent performances. More fun to play with other people even if they're just calling out choices.

That’s fair. It’s a lot of fun, so far!

I’m halfway through. It’s good, not great, so far. Until Dawn has a significantly better first half. Hopefully, the second half ramps up. The prologue has been the best part, in terms of tension and imagery. If I were to rate this, based on what I’ve played, I’d give it a 7. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I’m halfway through. It’s good, not great, so far. Until Dawn has a significantly better first half. Hopefully, the second half ramps up. The prologue has been the best part, in terms of tension and imagery. If I were to rate this, based on what I’ve played, I’d give it a 7. 

The 2nd half is better for sure, though I’m not sure it’ll be enough to elevate it to a great game for you.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The 2nd half is better for sure, though I’m not sure it’ll be enough to elevate it to a great game for you.

Yeah, I’m almost done with chapter 7. It’s gotten better, but some of the scenes feel so janky, as if you are meant to get  the same path, regardless of choice. I’m enjoying it. I’m actually very burnt out with my side work endeavors, so this is the chill experience I’ve been looking for. Though, I just feel the title lacks the sense of urgency and the gore Until Dawn had. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Yeah, I’m almost done with chapter 7. It’s gotten better, but some of the scenes feel so janky, as if you are meant to get  the same path, regardless of choice. I’m enjoying it. I’m actually very burnt out with my side work endeavors, so this is the chill experience I’ve been looking for. Though, I just feel the title lacks the sense of urgency and the gore Until Dawn had. 

IIRC i think I rated the game a 8 after finishing it, because I saw the potential in the different choices and their outcomes. But then I replayed it and I realized that even there’s a lot small variations to some of the scenes, your choices don’t have that big of an impact on the progression or outcome of the overall story. So I think that dropped it down to a 7.5 for me.

• Upvote 1