Ngl it feels good being an unvaxxed pureblood that didn't buy into the propaganda

7 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

What percent of those 20 million were above age 65?

Of those prevented deaths, they estimated that 15.5 million (78.2%) were due to direct vaccine effects. The remainder were due to indirect vaccine affects through reduced disease transmission and lower burden on healthcare systems.

Giving the shot to those under 65 was important to the bolded/underlined, which saved millions on it's own (not including direct saved deaths to those under 65 which I'm still trying to look for.)

This is just 1 year by the way. 

I mean this topic will always be an L for the far right. And a big one at that. 

(P.S. Bhyter is being a fakeboy/satire to make you guys look bad and you guys played right into it. 🤣)

Edited by Substatic
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But you look like Shrek...

Haven’t got vaxxed either. Still alive 

I'll just say in a vaccum - 10 times out of 10 when someone brags about not being vaccinated, they are incredibly stupid. I've yet to see someone who appears to have even average intelligence feel pri

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Of those prevented deaths, they estimated that 15.5 million (78.2%) were due to direct vaccine effects. The remainder were due to indirect vaccine affects through reduced disease transmission and lower burden on healthcare systems.

Giving the shot to those under 65 was important to the bolded/underlined, which saved millions on it's own (not including direct saved deaths to those under 65 which I'm still trying to look for.)

This is just 1 year by the way. 

I mean this topic will always be an L for the far right. And a big one at that. 

(P.S. Bhyter is being a fakeboy/satire to make you guys look bad and you guys played right into it. 🤣)

I’m not against the vaccine, I’ve just had Covid twice and have antibodies that do the job just fine. 

but I’m not quite so sure that the vaccine has really done what you’re claiming. 

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/why-do-vaccinated-people-represent-most-covid-19-deaths-right-now/

quaInEi.png

over the last year, I’ve seen almost everyone that I know that was vaccinated get Covid. Whether it’s mild or severe doesn’t really matter here, it still contributes to “the spread”

the variants obviously play a massive role in this, but interesting none the less. 

Edited by Jerrys Hair Line
1 hour ago, Substatic said:

COVID has killed 6.71M total globally,

Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths by country worldwide 2023 | Statista

15 million associated(combining direct and indirect),

WHO report finds nearly 15 million deaths associated with COVID-19 worldwide | PBS NewsHour

For both of these figures, areas with lower vaccination rates have higher death rights. The vaccine is estimated to have saved 20 Million lives in ONE year, COVID-19 vaccines saved an estimated 20 million lives in 1 year | CIDRAP (umn.edu)

Do you have a source for your baby crib claim? Or did you lie again like how you lie in most threads here?

You've added all age groups together. Thanks for the obvious info champ. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where's the baby crib info chump? 

Well according to Cookes infographic, there have been 41 deaths in Canada for ages 0-11, here’s a study saying 130+ a year die in crib related accidents in canada

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6371261

3 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

Well according to Cookes infographic, there have been 41 deaths in Canada for ages 0-11, here’s a study saying 130+ a year die in crib related accidents in canada

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6371261

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

Seriously, fisher price baby cribs that collapse have killed more babies than COVID has. 

What you posted is safe sleep issues with people putting babies to sleep on thiee stomach on tangled sheets and the wrong type of mattress and they suffocate and die etc. 

Cooke's claims were about cribs collapsing and killing babies. 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

What you posted is safe sleep issues with people putting babies to sleep on thiee stomach on tangled sheets and the wrong type of mattress and they suffocate and die etc. 

Here’s 11 reported within a year. Probably close enough to cookes claim. His info graphic is only for 0-11 so hard to say

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.859000

35 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It really doesn't matter. My point was to highlight the exagerration people felt children were at risk from dying from covid based on zero evidence. 

41 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Aka you pulled it out of your ass as expected. 

It was something from the top on my head and it ended up being true 🤣. Literally anything is more dangerous to children than COVID has been. Follow the science though right? 

2 hours ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

but I’m not quite so sure that the vaccine has really done what you’re claiming. 

You should be sure since there is no direct counter citation. The vaccine has saved 20M lives in 1 year going by what we know. 5 million of those saved lives was due to reduction of transference and Hospital bloat. Areas with lower vaccination rates see higher death rates.

It works and works well. And yes the variants have dented this, but it's still recommended by most studies and groups. 

11 minutes ago, Substatic said:

You should be sure since there is no direct counter citation. The vaccine has saved 20M lives in 1 year going by what we know. 5 million of those saved lives was due to reduction of transference and Hospital bloat. Areas with lower vaccination rates see higher death rates.

It works and works well. And yes the variants have dented this, but it's still recommended by most studies and groups. 

the vaccine doesn’t stop someone from getting Covid or spreading it. It may reduce the effects of the virus but you’re just as likely to get it with or without the vaccine. This can then spread to another person, who regardless of vaccination status, can die. That’s why there are more deaths with people vaccinated vs non vaccinated currently. 

30 minutes ago, Cooke said:

It was something from the top on my head and it ended up being true 🤣. Literally anything is more dangerous to children than COVID has been. Follow the science though right? 

Cooke provides No proof, but it's true lmfao 

15 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

That’s why there are more deaths with people vaccinated vs non vaccinated currently. 

Because 80% of people in US are vaccinated. This is simple math. The vaccine is still very effective and has saved over 20M lives in just 1 of the researched years.

This is from your own source,

That’s why, when CDC adjusts for some of these factors (age and population size), we still see that unvaccinated people are at much greater risk of death and other severe outcomes than people the same age who have stayed up-to-date on boosters. Older people are at greater risk for severe illness and death from COVID-19 than younger people, but vaccines and boosters still lower that risk substantially.

The second reason is lack of booster and follow up shots.  Again, your own source:

The waning protection from vaccines is why CDC recommends recent booster shots, and why it’s especially important for people at higher risk to stay up-to-date on boosters. 

Edited by Substatic
2 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Because 80% of people in US are vaccinated. This is simple math. The vaccine is still very effective and has saved over 20M lives in just 1 of the researched years.

This is from your own source,

That’s why, when CDC adjusts for some of these factors (age and population size), we still see that unvaccinated people are at much greater risk of death and other severe outcomes than people the same age who have stayed up-to-date on boosters. Older people are at greater risk for severe illness and death from COVID-19 than younger people, but vaccines and boosters still lower that risk substantially.

And they’re still catching it, transmitting it, and dying………..

and I’m sure these are mostly old people. People that should have got the vaccine. It doesn’t mean people in their 30s or under really needed it. 

11 minutes ago, Jerrys Hair Line said:

the vaccine doesn’t stop someone from getting Covid or spreading it. It may reduce the effects of the virus but you’re just as likely to get it with or without the vaccine. This can then spread to another person, who regardless of vaccination status, can die. That’s why there are more deaths with people vaccinated vs non vaccinated currently. 

You're missing the nuances.  Remember the highly deadly and contagious strain that was around 2 years ago?  Well the vaccine has an over 95 or 96 efficacy against that and the vaccine saved millions of lives from catching and dying from that strain. 

You're talking about the variants and mutations of the virus that thankfully is weaker than the previous strains.. The vaccine effectiveness against those aren't as good because the the mutations to the virus.    But to take that and say the vaccine wasn't effective against Covid19 as a whole is a flat out lie. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You're missing the nuances.  Remember the highly deadly and contagious strain that was around 2 years ago?  Well the vaccine has an over 95 or 96 efficacy against that and the vaccine saved millions of lives from catching and dying from that strain. 

You're talking about the variants and mutations of the virus that thankfully is weaker than the previous strains.. The vaccine effectiveness against those aren't as good because the the mutations to the virus.    But to take that and say the vaccine wasn't effective against Covid19 as a whole is a flat out lie. 

The vaccine never stopped you from getting it. It helped reduce the symptoms. As this is a fact, it wasn’t needed for most of the population under 40 or so. 

I mean, nothing wrong with wanting a virus to hit you less hard, but 10 year olds getting vaccinated has no impact if the high risk population already is.