The Super Mario Bros Movie flopped hard

On 2023-04-16 at 3:59 PM, Ramza said:

Celebrating the box office numbers of a shitty CGI movie of Mario. Goukoshill :D 

Im just posting the facts of the box office numbers and audience reception... Make of that what you will. 

At the end of the day.. No one liked it, the movie flopped hard!!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating the box office numbers of a shitty CGI movie of Mario. Goukoshill  

they always add 2 or 3 to anything mario-related

Goukosan when Nintendo makes money

Posted Images

In its third weekend, the Mario movie made another $58.2 million, which means it retained 67% from its second weekend ($87 million)

The new movie coming out this week, Evil Dead Rise, which has been getting quite a bit of a tv commercial campaign for a while now, could only do $23.5 million in its opening weekend. Didn't slow Mario down, at all.

I would love to know how much money they spent on tv commercials, because I have only seen like a Mario Bros movie commercial like 3 or 4 times, on some random basic cable channel, like E! at night.

I see more commercials for the blu-ray release of Ant-man on television, than Mario Bros commercials.

Update*

After a record breaking opening weekend. 

Then a record breaking 2nd weekend. 

It's on to a record breaking 3rd weekend and will cross a billion next week :mario1::luigi:

And the movie isn't even out in Japan as yet. 

Why are kids, families and people of all ages loving this FLOP of a movie and continuing to give it a 96% positive word of mouth?  Did no one tell them it FLOPPED HARD? 

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Goukosan when Nintendo makes money

randy marsh masturbating GIF by South Park

24 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Sheep actually like this corporate cum.

Lol at these two simpletons. 

The point of my post isn't about the money... Its about people of all ages LOVING the movie... 94% to 96% positive word of mouth. 

It's a movie... so box office receipts are directly tied to whether people thought it was a good movie or not.

And three consecutive weeks of a record breaking pace obviously means the movie going public loved it. 

Get over it or stay mad :mario1::luigi:

Edited by Goukosan
30 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

My money is in those receipts and i struggle to think of a worse movie.

Yes you're in the 4% to 6% of the audience that didn't like the movie.

A movie doesn't have 3 record breaking weekends unless movie going audience absolutely loved it. 

If people hated it, word if mouth would have killed it all. Momentum after opening weekend and the box office numbers would a cratered. 

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Yes you're in the 4% to 6% of the audience that didn't like the movie.

A movie doesn't have 3 record breaking weekends unless movie going audience absolutely loved it. 

If people hated it, word if mouth would have killed it all. Momentum after opening weekend and the box office numbers would a cratered. 

Weren't you the one saying "it's a kids movie" over and over before release? You identify with the toddler's opinion more than the adult parent's.

7 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Weren't you the one saying "it's a kids movie" over and over before release? You identify with the toddler's opinion more than the adult parent's.

I said It's a kids and family movie for all ages...  My son wanted to see it and he enjoyed it and had a blast. 

I identify with parents like myself who had fun with thier kids at the movie....  

It's ok to have fun with your kids at the movies.. Why does that bother you so much? 

Edited by Goukosan

It's a dogshit movie, and Sheep ought to value a good movie over corporate profits like the serfs they/you are.

Neil is just being charitable because he just did the best adaptation of a videogame to screen ever. There's no reason for him to talk shit.

I saw the movie with my nephews over the weekend.

It was pretty much what I expected. Super safe entry into the movie space, very true to the source material. Incredible animation. Music was 50/50...licensed shit was trash (any movie that has thunderstruck on their soundtrack loses points), but the takes on classic Mario songs were awesome. Story was just whatever. Cool callbacks to basically every important Mario game though.

Would love to see what they could do with some of their other IPs....Zelda obviously at the top of the list.

Edited by Casual
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sugarhigh said:

It's a dogshit movie, and Sheep ought to value a good movie over corporate profits like the serfs they/you are.

Neil is just being charitable because he just did the best adaptation of a videogame to screen ever. There's no reason for him to talk shit.

Right, Neil is lying that he enjoyed the movie with his kids... Lmfao

Why does this bother you so much? 

Edited by Goukosan

Update*

This flop of a movie that appealed to no one, had terrible word of mouth feedback from the audience has flopped HARD and crossed a billion in 26 days.... Pffft took it long enough. 

Biggest week 4 for an animated movie of all time.

And it only just launched in Japan and some other countries a few days ago.... Expect it to flop even harder as it approaches 1.5 billion. 

Edited by Goukosan
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Update*

This flop of a movie that appealed to no one, had terrible word of mouth feedback from the audience has flopped HARD and crossed a billion in 26 days.... Pffft took it long enough. 

Biggest week 4 for an animated movie of all time.

And it only just launched in Japan and some other countries a few days ago.... Expect it to flop even harder as it approaches 1.5 billion. 

When Nintendo makes money

meg ryan orgasm GIF

• Haha 1