The Super Mario Bros Movie flopped hard

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

‘Super Mario Bros’ Swelling To $368M WW, All-Time Record Debut For Animated Movie, Beating ‘Frozen 2’

Look at that.... All time record for an animated movie. Guess people really hate this movie, no one wants to see it, not kids.. Not their families...... No one... Lmfao. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celebrating the box office numbers of a shitty CGI movie of Mario. Goukoshill  

they always add 2 or 3 to anything mario-related

Goukosan when Nintendo makes money

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Look at that.... All time record for an animated movie. Guess people really hate this movie, no one wants to see it, not kids.. Not their families...... No one... Lmfao. 

Beating out Disney is honestly insane even for Mario. :mario1: :luigi:

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The reputation for video games movies is that they're not a huge box office draw.  Even when they're good adaptations like the first MK movie. 

From all indications this will be the biggest videogame movie ever its on pace to open at over a quarter billion.... On opening weekend alone.  

That's a win for videogame movies everywhere. 

It's not a win because copying this success will just be more dog shit. Box office success means nothing to me just like NPD means nothing. Im not into games to root for corporate profits.

12 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

It's not a win because copying this success will just be more dog shit. Box office success means nothing to me just like NPD means nothing. Im not into games to root for corporate profits.

Again, what movies does this compete with? I'm looking forward to the next Spiderverse movie but most animated movies suck. 

20 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I love how you pivoted away from what the movie industry considers a success to what YOU consider a success... As if what you consider a success holds any weight  to the industry:kaz:

This movie's success means other video game adaptions will try to make their movies to be a normal movie instead of making it solely for neck beards and nerds. 

The mainstream movie audience don't give a shit about videogames to begin with so those video game adaptions prior to this missed the mark from that aspect. 

Edited by Goukosan
12 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Again, what movies does this compete with? I'm looking forward to the next Spiderverse movie but most animated movies suck. 

10 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I love how you pivoted away from what the movie industry considers a success to what YOU consider a success... As if what you consider a success holds any weight  to the industry:kaz:

This movie's success means other video game adaptions will try to make their movies to be a normal movie instead of making it solely for neck beards and nerds. 

The mainstream movie audience don't give a shit about videogames to begin with so those video game adaptions prior to this missed the mark from that aspect. 

I've only ever been talking about quality. Ghostz is the one replying "yeah but it'll be a box office hit".

3 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

I've only ever been talking about quality. Ghostz is the one replying "yeah but it'll be a box office hit".

You haven't seen the movie to be commenting on the quality of the movie to its target audience. 

Let's look at the audience reception. 

Overall audience reception since release. 

"Getting into the inner circuits of Super Mario Bros: Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that their polled crowds love the movie too, at 94% positive, 82% recommend

:umad:

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It's funny, out of curiosity I checked out the trailer reactions in the comment section. 

On the official Lucasfilm site the comments are almost all positive. It's mostly people who love the character, John Williams and looking forward to a last adventure and hope this is a fitting send off. 

On the IGN channel it's literally the opposite in every way possible. Half of them complaining about the line about "capitalism". Ever since #gamergate the gaming community became a joke. 

this is why i actually like signing up for SOME right-wing newsletters.

Because I love reading where Incels like Saucer, are getting their talking points, and I love reading it BEFORE they start making them in comments sections.

In this case, they moved QUICK. And the fact that they make a very odd criticism really shows that they are getting their talking points from a specific right-wing source.

• dead 1
2 hours ago, Ike said:

The Indians Jones trailer owned. The music was epic and someone else being behind the camera other than Spielberg should be good especially James Mangold (Logan). The score literally made feel emotional. I love Indy and his adventures are some of my favorite films. It seriously can’t be worse than Crystal Skull and Shia. Also, Phoebe Waller-Bridges owns. You need to watch Fleabag if you think otherwise. Not to mention the entirety of Raiders he had Marion with him. 

Imagine somebody claiming that a James Mangold movie has gone "woke":hest:

I was actually worried that he would be too predictable and the movie would just be a by-the-book Indiana Jones movie, only slower and with crappier CGI, and with less artistic flourish than Spielberg.

The second trailer is somewhat better than the first trailer. But I am still cynical about it.

7 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Oh noes.. Kids are enjoying a kids movie they're owned!!! 1!!:adhd:.... Do you hear yourself ?  You are taking this shit to heart for real... Go outside take a breather and get some air:kaz:

Stop trying to twist what I said... I said "it's a good movie for all ages. It's a family movie."  Aka it's catering to kids and families...

And guess what... 

Kids and families are enjoying the movie.. Get over it or just stay mad :mario1:

this is a review thread. if what I  and others are saying about the reviews, triggers you this hard, you go outside :umad: 

yes, you said it’s a good movie for all ages, and you were WRONG. 55% isn’t good.

• dead 1
2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You haven't seen the movie to be commenting on the quality of the movie to its target audience. 

Let's look at the audience reception. 

Overall audience reception since release. 

"Getting into the inner circuits of Super Mario Bros: Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that their polled crowds love the movie too, at 94% positive, 82% recommend

:umad:

It's so embarrassing that you're quoting user reviews.

Screenshot_20230408-224955.png

It's so embarrassing that you're quoting user reviews.

Screenshot_20230408-224955.png

Posted Audience reception... Which has been through the roof :umad:

For some reason it bothers you that audiences are loving this movie. 

Edited by Goukosan
37 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

this is a review thread. if what I  and others are saying about the reviews, triggers you this hard, you go outside :umad: 

yes, you said it’s a good movie for all ages, and you were WRONG. 55% isn’t good.

You dropped that kids are owned for liking a kids movie real quick huh?  Guess you went outside got some air and realized how stupid that sounded...lmfao. 

Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak shows that crowds love the movie too, at 94% positive, 82% recommend... Kids under 12 loved it as well at 94%. "

Moviegoers were 60% male, 40% female. With 62% of the males being between 18-34 and 38% of the males being under 18.

Whoops... Kids, families and all ages love the movie... Just like I said they would :umad:

Like I said get over it or stay mad :mario1:

Edited by Goukosan
6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Posted Audience reception... Which has been through the roof :umad:

For some reason it bothers you that audiences are loving this movie. 

Yeah I'd like to see a better culture. Id rather see quality succeed but it often doesn't. Take a look at the top grossing films of 2022. Only Top Gun and Avatar are arguably 'good', the rest is absolute shit.

Screenshot_20230408-230438.png

Yeah I'd like to see a better culture. Id rather see quality succeed but it often doesn't. Take a look at the top grossing films of 2022. Only Top Gun and Avatar are arguably 'good', the rest is absolute shit.

Yea Top Gun was good... But Top Gun's Rotten tomatoes score is in the 50s.. make up your mind and stop waffling all over the place.

So like I said you are bothered... It's hilarious how bothered you are by a freaking kids movie :kaz:

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yea Top Gun was good... But Top Gun's Rotten tomatoes score is in the 50s.. make up your mind and stop waffling all over the place.

So you are bothered... It's hilarious how bothered you are by a freaking kids movie :kaz:

78 metacritic which is fine. I'd put it a little lower. I'm not triggered, I called this and I was right. I'm taking credit.

I specifically said it would be worse than the 90s movie people take as a joke. Multiple reviews made the same point. TSHBO.

Edited by sugarhigh
7 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

78 metacritic which is fine. I'd put it a little lower. I'm not triggered, I called this and I was right. I'm taking credit.

I specifically said it would be worse than the 90s movie people take as a joke. Multiple reviews made the same point.

You're waffling again... You were going by Rotten Tomatoes... Top Gun while a good movie.. Rotten tomatoes has it in the 50s :umad:

The 90s Mario movie was a certified flop.. No one liked it... Including the audience.. Hence why it flopped at the box office. 

The current Mario movie is resonating with kids and families of all ages.... They seem to love it and it's breaking box office records. 

Like I told Quad, get over it or just stay mad :mario1:

Edited by Goukosan
14 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Lol sonic 2 was good, the batman was very good, and black panther 2 was good. You're getting desperate now.