The Official ROG Ally Thread (SteamDeck too)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just ran into a pretty big issue while playing the Front Mission demo. When you start a new game, you have to enter in your pilot's name. However, I couldn't for the life of me bring up the keyboard

Windows is not up to the task.

BF2042 looks surprisingly sharp on medium settings, and it consistently runs between 40-60FPS at 25w. Impressive given its scale, and even when there's a lot going on it doesn't dip far below that (th

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

He wouldn’t know. They aren’t on gamepass. He’ll be playing it docked in his nephew’s room. 

Imagine having to use jerrys baits that he bases off his real life lmfao. You’ve seen his house, he lives with his sister and her 6 kids. 

Edited by Tears of the Cows
Just now, Twinblade said:

It’s worth mentioning that the battery can be fully charged from a completely dead state in little more than a hour which is quite good. Comparatively the deck’s full charging time is over 3 hours.

They could solve this by having replaceable batteriesb

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It’s worth mentioning that the battery can be fully charged from a completely dead state in little more than a hour which is quite good. Comparatively the deck’s full charging time is over 3 hours.

that's pretty great.

1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

this battery life wouldn’t even last on a two hour flight Lmfao

LOL steam deck fanboys are now using the same flaws that their hardware has........and pretending that they no longer know the same excuses they were giving:hest:

2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Says the guy who ran from the salary bet :blessed:

and who still rents, in his 40s :mj:

Oh man, couch surfer is getting angry again:hest:

Man who doesn't own consoles....and is bald.....in his  30's:lawl:

1 minute ago, Tears of the Cows said:

He completely abandoned the argument :hest:

Couch Tenant is so angry now

he forgot that he's the one who abandoned any talk about the steam deck, the moment he tried to talk about other bets (that HE abandoned first, actually)

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

I think the smaller size and lower weight makes this the ideal choice for someone who travels a lot or wants to play a handheld while out and about. But if you’re the kind of person who mostly plays their handhelds at home, then the steam deck might be the better choice for it’s more intuitive OS and software.

but really it just comes down to personal preference. I have a long set of flights coming up later this year so if I had to pick one for that purpose it would be the Ally.

This is what I was telling you from day one lol

Theres a bit of competition between the hardware suppliers sure but to players playing "console wars" with these is like playing console wars with prebuilt PCs - you're all going to be downloading the same storefronts and game libraries anyway.

Choice is good. Steamdeck is the best bang for the buck, and Valve has some clout getting devs to take notice and optimize their games controls, text size etc

Ayaneo Air is a lighter, more portable option.

Then you have the Ally and Ayaneo's beefier models, more power, higher res, at higher cost and battery life.

The handheld PC market is working exactly as it should be.

The more interesting thing is the pivot from windows to Linux with SteamOS and AyanoOS. Instead of making windows fit we're getting custom operating systems for a more fitting handheld experience. If Asus stays in this space I hope they spin their own distro like Ayaneo did.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Couch Tenant is so angry now

he forgot that he's the one who abandoned any talk about the steam deck, the moment he tried to talk about other bets (that HE abandoned first, actually)

When have I EVER talked about steam deck? :hest: he’s confused, dementia hitting early I guess :mj:

2 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

When have I EVER talked about steam deck? :hest: he’s confused, dementia hitting early I guess :mj:

He's accused me of not owning one, nor a gaming PC :hest:

Maybe I should take a bet if he posts a pic of his hairline....but we all know it would result in 10 pages of jerry-go-rounding and excuses why he wont take the bet but wins the argument anyway :kaz:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

I love how he's pretending he doesn't know what my post is referring to, and he's playing stupid now.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

Maybe I should take a bet if he posts a pic of his hairline....but we all know it would result in 10 pages of jerry-go-rounding and excuses why he wont take the bet but wins the argument anyway :kaz:

LOL i love it when their butthurt is so strong they start joining up and pretending to be friends with one another:hest:

9 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

He already admitted his primary way of playing is streaming gamepass games to his phone :hest: he’s clearly retarded :kaz:

• -GD-X★ changed the title to The Official ROG Ally Thread (SteamDeck too)