The Official ROG Ally Thread (SteamDeck too)

3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

He already admitted his primary way of playing is streaming gamepass games to his phone :hest: he’s clearly retarded :kaz:

LOL he's butthurt trying to find anything.

He's actually traveling back in time, he's hurting so bad right now:lawl:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just ran into a pretty big issue while playing the Front Mission demo. When you start a new game, you have to enter in your pilot's name. However, I couldn't for the life of me bring up the keyboard

Windows is not up to the task.

BF2042 looks surprisingly sharp on medium settings, and it consistently runs between 40-60FPS at 25w. Impressive given its scale, and even when there's a lot going on it doesn't dip far below that (th

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

This is what I was telling you from day one lol

Theres a bit of competition between the hardware suppliers sure but to players playing "console wars" with these is like playing console wars with prebuilt PCs - you're all going to be downloading the same storefronts and game libraries anyway.

Choice is good. Steamdeck is the best bang for the buck, and Valve has some clout getting devs to take notice and optimize their games controls, text size etc

Ayaneo Air is a lighter, more portable option.

Then you have the Ally and Ayaneo's beefier models, more power, higher res, at higher cost and battery life.

The handheld PC market is working exactly as it should be.

The more interesting thing is the pivot from windows to Linux with SteamOS and AyanoOS. Instead of making windows fit we're getting custom operating systems for a more fitting handheld experience. If Asus stays in this space I hope they spin their own distro like Ayaneo did.

Honestly the Ayaneo is pointless now. It doesn't offer enough in terms of price/performance. The form factor was the only thing it had going for it but now the Ally has basically done away with that.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It seems that the screen being 1080p is actually a drawback. Some games perform worse at that res than on the steam deck at 720p/800p.

Yup, I’ve read that too. 

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It seems that the screen being 1080p is actually a drawback. Some games perform worse at that res than on the steam deck at 720p/800p.

Yeah there's not enough efficiency gains in this chip to start talking about 1080. Asus is even saying 120fps! :Kaz:

In reality the Ally will prob be best experience rendering at 720p with fsr upscaling. On SteamOS fsr is system level.  It'll be nice to have a generally better panel tho.

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Hilarious that things haven't changed around here.  Just Jerky being butthurt in every thread, like usual :tom:

Look who crawled back from under a rock....Lemij.

You came crawling back like you got banned at the other sites you were posting at or something:umad:

Edited by Goukosan
8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

1080p screen at that size is not worth the trade off needed for decent battery life and good performance.

Nintendo got it right 7 years ago and Valve as well most recently with the deck by going 720p to 800p screen with the deck. 

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Hilarious that things haven't changed around here.  Just Jerky being butthurt in every thread, like usual :tom:

LOL guess we know who got laid off at Microsoft this week:hest:

9 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Yup, we said this when everyone was trying to shit on the steamdeck. Just watching handheld PC and Ryzen miniPC benchmarks made it clear the performance hit just isn't worth it. Fuck 120hz too lol

All the complaints about Steamdeck (not 1080p, poor battery, not all games run on Linux) etc were stupid because people were expecting miracle hardware. We can see now all handheld PCs have a short battery life, 1080p isn't worth it, and Windows while having more compatability has a whole lot of its own problems from reading Ally reviews. There is no perfect device yet, its just a case of if you want one, prioritizing what you want (portability, power etc).

I hope you can stop hating on the Deck now :tard: Valve clearly did a good job in hindsight with some smart decisions. Yeah OLED would have been nice, but I'm not gonna complain because the variable refresh rate screen was by far the better option to help manage performance and battery.

But again I dont see it as a war, they're all part of the PC family. I would recommend Steamdeck for most people as the best all around package, for people like Cooke who seem to only play games outside of Steam I would recommend one of the windows devices, and for people who want an actual portable take outside handheld it would be one of the smaller Ayaneo models. All in all its a good time to be a hermit :aitch: Valve cracked the "one library, multiple device" problem that neither Sony nor Microsoft could do.

• aitch 1
4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Look who crawled back from under a rock....Lemij.

You came crawling back like you got banned at the other sites you were posting at or something:umad:

LMFAO Gostalkmesan :tom:

I'm not crawling back.  I came back to laugh at you idiot Sheep that your shiny new game is best on PC and was there first too.. lmao pathetic :geese:

13 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMFAO Gostalkmesan :tom:

I'm not crawling back.  I came back to laugh at you idiot Sheep that your shiny new game is best on PC and was there first too.. lmao pathetic :geese:

Yea, you came crawling back because you got OWNED and banned at the other sites that you post on.  Pathetic lil worm  :kaz:

Edited by Goukosan
5 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Yup, we said this when everyone was trying to shit on the steamdeck. Just watching handheld PC and Ryzen miniPC benchmarks made it clear the performance hit just isn't worth it. Fuck 120hz too lol

All the complaints about Steamdeck (not 1080p, poor battery, not all games run on Linux) etc were stupid because people were expecting miracle hardware. We can see now all handheld PCs have a short battery life, 1080p isn't worth it, and Windows while having more compatability has a whole lot of its own problems from reading Ally reviews. There is no perfect device yet, its just a case of if you want one, prioritizing what you want (portability, power etc).

I hope you can stop hating on the Deck now :tard: Valve clearly did a good job in hindsight with some smart decisions. Yeah OLED would have been nice, but I'm not gonna complain because the variable refresh rate screen was by far the better option to help manage performance and battery.

But again I dont see it as a war, they're all part of the PC family. I would recommend Steamdeck for most people as the best all around package, for people like Cooke who seem to only play games outside of Steam I would recommend one of the windows devices, and for people who want an actual portable take outside handheld it would be one of the smaller Ayaneo models. All in all its a good time to be a hermit :aitch: Valve cracked the "one library, multiple device" problem that neither Sony nor Microsoft could do.

The Deck needs a price drop to remain competitive. The most expensive SKU being $50 more expensive than the base Ally and $50 cheaper than the Z1 extreme version puts it in a spot where its clearly overpriced.

On a side note I listed my Ayaneo Air on ebay yesterday for $400 and someone already bought it :lul: gonna put that money towards an Ally.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, TLHBO said:

7 years ago... Pfft only 720p screen why didn't Nintendo launch with a 1080p screen..... Fast forward today.... Now we're seeing why. 

8 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Yea, you came crawling back because you got OWNED and banned at the other sites that you post on.  Pathetic lil worm  :kaz:

Oh wait a minute.

You're saying that Lemij............the guy who tried to blame his horrible bitchiness on ME, saying it was due to my posts..................ended up getting banned for being a horrible little bitch at OTHER FORUMS?

But how can that be? I wasn't at all those other forums.

That would imply that the problem has always been......................:bena:

This kind of concerns me. Apparently input lag with the analog sticks is an issue for some games, its particularly really noticeable in Halo Infinite. This guy plugged in a controller and it felt way better, so there's definitely something going on.

Wonder if software/firmware updates will be able to improve this kind of thing.

10 hours ago, Goukosan said:

I came here on Zelda's launch day to laugh at you idiots because "your" game is best on PC.. and was before it even launched.. then you threw a predictable tantrum and started blabbing on about Microsoft and Redfall... like clockwork :rofl: 

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

This kind of concerns me. Apparently input lag with the analog sticks is an issue for some games, its particularly really noticeable in Halo Infinite. This guy plugged in a controller and it felt way better, so there's definitely something going on.

Wonder if software/firmware updates will be able to improve this kind of thing.

yeah, i have seen that in several reviews, even ones favoring the ROG for its potential.

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Remij said:

I came here on Zelda's launch day to laugh at you idiots because "your" game is best on PC.. and was before it even launched.. then you threw a predictable tantrum and started blabbing on about Microsoft and Redfall... like clockwork :rofl: 

That persecution complex is showing.... Where did I post about Redfall in this thread?

Go search the internet for another message board for you run away to.. Only to be banned within a couple of months again :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to The Official ROG Ally Thread (SteamDeck too)