No reason to doubt Starfield anymore. Looking to be one of the best games ever made.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Actually that's how this discussion started.  Slow Jonny claimed that starfield will be the biggest game (impact wise) and best game of the year

I reminded him that TOTK said hi and that the level of polish we got from TOTK you will not even come close to that in starfield. 

That somehow morphed into you thinking it was solely about map size... Lol

Jerry spoke about map size...  like as if it mattered.   And it doesn't.

I was responding to him initially, not you :shrug: 

Fact is this.  Starfield's scope is so much grander than Zelda's... and to act like it isn't, which is what Jerry did, is just idiotic.  As for the ambition, like I said, Zelda is ambitious in a different way... which IMO has nothing to do with the size of anything.  It's simply how they give you tools and you're free to use/exploit them however you want.  Creating a game that doesn't break when you allow people to do that is what's impressive.  

Starfield is impressive with its ambition regarding scope, and sheer size, quantity of things to do, places to explore, and the amount of different systems the game keeps track of..  

• Like 1
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Remij said:

Jerry spoke about map size...  like as if it mattered.   And it doesn't.

I was responding to him initially, not you :shrug: 

Fact is this.  Starfield's scope is so much grander than Zelda's... and to act like it isn't, which is what Jerry did, is just idiotic.  As for the ambition, like I said, Zelda is ambitious in a different way... which IMO has nothing to do with the size of anything.  It's simply how they give you tools and you're free to use/exploit them however you want.  Creating a game that doesn't break when you allow people to do that is what's impressive.  

Starfield is impressive with its ambition regarding scope, and sheer size, quantity of things to do, places to explore, and the amount of different systems the game keeps track of..  

As I stated above the point was Zelda will be the better game, the bigger impact and the vastly more polished game. 

Even Jehurey didn't solely focus on the size of the game yet that's what you want to go on and on about when that wasn't even the point.. Lol

2 hours ago, Remij said:

Yea I did.  I already explained it by making the comparison of MGS5 and a traditional MGS game.  Same parallel can be said about Zelda TOTK, and a traditional Zelda game.  MGS5 was ambitious because it allowed you to enter and approach the situation from any angle giving you the tools and game systems.  Same goes for Zelda.

You could make MGS5's map 20x bigger, and add parachuting and cave systems underground.... and that will not change anything.  Because what made the game ambitious stays the exact same.  

And you miss the mark again lol

Approaching or entering from any angle wasn't even a factor in what I said that made TOTK impressive at that scale.

You're once again responding to what wasn't said... 

But again to circle back to the orginal point.... 

Starfield won't have the biggest impact or be the best game of the year :umad:

51 minutes ago, Ike said:

No reason to doubt except every other technical atrocity that Bethesda has released. This is going to be more broken than CP77. :mroff:

That would be mighty impressive if it's more broken than CP77 was. 

But even if it isn't... It's still going to be a broken bug jank fest:kaz:

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

And you miss the mark again lol

Approaching or entering from any angle wasn't even a factor in what I said that made TOTK impressive at that scale.

You're once again responding to what wasn't said... 

But again to circle back to the orginal point.... 

Starfield won't have the biggest impact or be the best game of the year :umad:

I wasn't even talking to you...  lmfao.. and at the end, I never said either of those things..  :drake: 

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Even Jehurey didn't solely focus on the size of the game yet that's what you want to go on and on about when that wasn't even the point.. Lol

of course......and that's why this lemming gets repeated cases of tunnel vision, where he doesn't really read everything that I typed, and he just sees one thing, and he gets it in his mind that that ONE part of my post will completely tear apart what I am saying.

He almost always botches it up, because he's too tunnel-vision with anything I typed.

He's not reading my posts, he's just trying to find a phrase somewhere in it that he thinks it will be an opening for him.

3 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

SF has 0% chance of being better than TOTK. But don’t listen to Jerry, he hasn’t played it. :drake:

he's now talking about me in this thread:hest:

you don't even have a console to play on, without asking for somebody's permission. LOL

8 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

Exactly as I thought.

you have no credibility as a gamer, in general, since you don't own anything:hest:

its amazing how he knows he's losing, so he has to derail so hard

• 2 months later...