Final Fantasy 16- 9 @ GS (TLHBR)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I beat Witcher 3 and BotW not because I liked them, but because I wanted to hate them from a place of completeness. I want to hate complete this game but it's just so fucking boring that I don't think

WaitC, PC's best and most consistent exclusive title

This game sucks.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Of course Eurogamer gave it a 3/5 because there’s too many white people and not enough diversity. Some of these outlets are an embarrassment.

wait, really? i need to read the review.

edit:

"The world is also conspicuous for its ethnic homogeneity, which producer Naoki Yoshida has explained as a reflection of the "geographical, technological, and geopolitical constraints" of medieval Europe. Leaving aside the fact that there were Black and brown people in medieval Europe, this justification rings hollow given that several locations take open inspiration from north Africa and the Middle East, with towns that, for example, riff on Islamic architectural traditions and attire, but are predominantly or exclusively populated by anglophone white people (I hedge, here, simply because I haven't been around and talked to everybody). I find the deletion of people of colour from these spaces more sinister than the racial stereotypes of older Final Fantasies, particularly in a game that wants to talk about overcoming structural injustice and bringing people together. That "togetherness" is worth fighting for, but it's characterised here by what it excludes. "

jesus... :|

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

edit:

"The world is also conspicuous for its ethnic homogeneity, which producer Naoki Yoshida has explained as a reflection of the "geographical, technological, and geopolitical constraints" of medieval Europe. Leaving aside the fact that there were Black and brown people in medieval Europe, this justification rings hollow given that several locations take open inspiration from north Africa and the Middle East, with towns that, for example, riff on Islamic architectural traditions and attire, but are predominantly or exclusively populated by anglophone white people (I hedge, here, simply because I haven't been around and talked to everybody). I find the deletion of people of colour from these spaces more sinister than the racial stereotypes of older Final Fantasies, particularly in a game that wants to talk about overcoming structural injustice and bringing people together. That "togetherness" is worth fighting for, but it's characterised here by what it excludes. "

The review is well written. They basically have black people reserved as evil/bad guys. I mean it’s 2023, really?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

The review is well written. They basically have black people reserved as evil/bad guys. I mean it’s 2023, really?

LMFAO! shut the fuck up with that shit :D you used to be racist af :D  acting like some woke ass cracka :D

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1
5 minutes ago, Tears of the Cows said:

To quote Gamespot:

if you buy Final Fantasy XVI, do not also claim to be a black ally if you do buy the game. Being an ally means being willing to give something up, and what's more, to stand up for those who are vulnerable.

We must do better. 

LOL is this from their forums?

50 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

edit:

And the best part is, all of the eurogamer staff are the white woke type :D diversity for thee but not for me as usual.

• dead 1