Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow 7a.m PT

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lmfao sheep were salivating over a new Fzero or a Gamecube remake and all they got as a SNES remake. TSHBFR

Arguing with Jerry causes brain damage.

Posted Images

PS2 looking games, and extremely off-putting production style. Why do they do this? The awkward snaps from the host, the retarded intro phrases ("The TOYS Are Back in Town!"), the Nick Jr english announcer voice. The games already look terrible, at least try to present them well, fuck me.

TTYD looks so damn good!  I fucking LOVE the touches they made to the visuals while still maintaining the same aesthetic.  It looks perfect.  :glad:  

Only thing it could use is just a bit of anti-aliasing... but hey, Yuzu and Switch 2 will fix that :love: 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Remij said:

TTYD looks so damn good!  I fucking LOVE the touches they made to the visuals while still maintaining the same aesthetic.  It looks perfect.  :glad:  

Only thing it could use is just a bit of anti-aliasing... but hey, Yuzu and Switch 2 will fix that :love: 

And sugartits tries to downplay this as a port.

I knew something was up when I saw the video, because it was more vibrant than what I remember. Not just colorful, like the original, but it had this post-2010 brightness that I see in computer generated 2D art.

And when they walked by the stained glass window in the trailer, I know at that point they had actually done more than just port it.

This is like the Metroid Prime Switch version, they look like they recreated almost every art asset in the game.

With that said, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't stick with the decision to make everything look like it was made out of cardboard. The wood floor looks like wood, whereas the original game had this aesthetic where it looks like everything was made out of cardboard material and then colored. The professor's office looks fantastic, and a genuine improvement. Them implementing the lighting does improve alot of stuff, and it doesn't look like they half-assed the lighting, everything looks well-placed.

And the other disappointment is if its not running at 60fps. Because in the main area when you walk into the back alleys and then back to the front town square, that rotation, and the animation of the buildings inverting themselves, happening at 60fps was just a beautiful effect to see.

LOL already pre-planning on stealing a game, guess the PC release schedule is that barren, eh?:drake:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And sugartits tries to downplay this as a port.

I knew something was up when I saw the video, because it was more vibrant than what I remember. Not just colorful, like the original, but it had this post-2010 brightness that I see in computer generated 2D art.

And when they walked by the stained glass window in the trailer, I know at that point they had actually done more than just port it.

This is like the Metroid Prime Switch version, they look like they recreated almost every art asset in the game.

With that said, I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't stick with the decision to make everything look like it was made out of cardboard. The wood floor looks like wood, whereas the original game had this aesthetic where it looks like everything was made out of cardboard material and then colored. The professor's office looks fantastic, and a genuine improvement. Them implementing the lighting does improve alot of stuff, and it doesn't look like they half-assed the lighting, everything looks well-placed.

And the other disappointment is if its not running at 60fps. Because in the main area when you walk into the back alleys and then back to the front town square, that rotation, and the animation of the buildings inverting themselves, happening at 60fps was just a beautiful effect to see.

LOL already pre-planning on stealing a game, guess the PC release schedule is that barren, eh?:drake:

Uh, you've got it backwards.  They've made MORE objects look like they're made out of cardboard than the original.

And sweetie... I buy these games.  I'll emulate them if I want to.