Starfield hits 10 million players

2 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

The MP was F2P, the game itself wasn’t F2P you retard :mj:

In other gaming news, Starflop is dropped down like a rock to no. 8 in the UK charts 

:mj:

Huge drop off :hest:

87% drop during launch month?  :monkas:

Paging @Remij

Edited by Goukosan
  • dead 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notice MS never announces sales anymore, only players? If you're a third party and not making GaaS why the fuck should you care?   Nothing to play on xflop in 10 years so everyone is stuck

yeah, only the half-based multiplayer (with no online co-op - the only reason to play Halo) was free. they should have just made the campaign free since it seemed half-baked too lol.

So much hype for a pitiful flop nobody will be talking about another week from now. Goddamn

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

What about it?  Game got a lot of negative press.

LOL you were trying to defend the game by saying second week Steam reviews were trending at a higher percentage  than initial week.

This loser does micro-trending statistics when it benefits him, and dismissing clear and obvious downslopes when it doesn't.

Yeah, they stopped buying it because of....the bad press.

And this guy used to measure game success by YouTube views.

He really is somebody who just pulls shit out of his ass, to find anything.

38 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except there's supposed to be 30 million gamepass subscribers right now.

So, it's still a valid sign that the game isn't even attracting people to play it.

You think MORE THAN 50% rushed in to play the F2P multi-player?

You're implying millions of people were playing Halo Infinite online multi-player?

I'm fairly sure we've had threads discussing that very subject :tom:And they don't support your theory.

50% of what? Halo MP didn’t require gamepass and was on Xbox one, which was what.. an additional 60 million users? :|

Just now, Tears of the Cows said:

What were you expecting? It’s already the most successful Bethesda launch of all time. 

Given it's by far the biggest Xbox release in ages outside of Halo, given the sales of past Bethesda rpgs and this being on GP I expected it to be way higher when accounting for PC also. I would've expected 10m in sales if it was being sold tbh, so 10m 'players' after a couple weeks isn't really that impressive tbh. Forza will prob pull those numbers easily in the same time. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Given it's by far the biggest Xbox release in ages outside of Halo, given the sales of past Bethesda rpgs and this being on GP I expected it to be way higher when accounting for PC also. I would've expected 10m in sales if it was being sold tbh, so 10m 'players' after a couple weeks isn't really that impressive tbh. Forza will prob pull those numbers easily in the same time. 

It’s the second biggest GP launch outside of FH5, which was also on Xbox One. 

I don’t think FM8 will reach it as quickly given it’s not on Xbox one. 

2 minutes ago, __MACK__ said:

How much did they gross? Perhaps close or just enough to break even the production and marketing costs 

That’s not how MS is grading its success. They want GP subscribers, which will take a few months of subscribing to to recoup. But it will be advertised as a game to play on GP for the next 5 years probably. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

It's not doing as well as I expected either.  The Steam concurrent players was WAY less than what I expected it to be.  Only around 280K and I was expecting 750K - 1M concurrent.

The scores, and negative press as well as the game lacking DLSS support really hurt it.

However, this game will continue to sell well over time as things get added I'm sure.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

50% of what? Halo MP didn’t require gamepass and was on Xbox one, which was what.. an additional 60 million users? :|

:hest:are you saying that more than half of those 20 million people were just playing F2P online within the first four weeks of its launch?

That's a simple yes or no question.

And you aren't going to answer it

1 hour ago, Remij said:

It's not doing as well as I expected either.  The Steam concurrent players was WAY less than what I expected it to be.  Only around 280K and I was expecting 750K - 1M concurrent.

The scores, and negative press as well as the game lacking DLSS support really hurt it.

However, this game will continue to sell well over time as things get added I'm sure.

Yeah I agree, no calling it a commercial flop or anything close at all. Just expected more. But no doubt this will have legs like all other major Bethesda rpgs

1 hour ago, Tears of the Cows said:

It’s the second biggest GP launch outside of FH5, which was also on Xbox One. 

I don’t think FM8 will reach it as quickly given it’s not on Xbox one. 

Honestly expected this to blow everything else away. First major Bethesda SP RPG since FO4, years and years in dev, new IP, console exclusive, had a hype and marketing build up unlike most recent games. It was THE big MS drop for the forseeable future. Expected big big numbers. 10m players is fine but hardly impressive, especially considering the metric they are using (players)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jehurey said:

:hest:are you saying that more than half of those 20 million people were just playing F2P online within the first four weeks of its launch?

That's a simple yes or no question.

And you aren't going to answer it

I would think so, yes. That’s the whole point of it being f2p. 

according to the link, the concurrent players werent just below fallout 4, they were WAY below fallout 4 :hest: 

e do know Starfield hit a peak of 330,723 concurrent players on Steam 10 days ago but Starfield fell short of Fallout 4, which sits in 16th place overall with 472,962.

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

according to the link, the concurrent players werent just below fallout 4, they were WAY below fallout 4 :hest: 

e do know Starfield hit a peak of 330,723 concurrent players on Steam 10 days ago but Starfield fell short of Fallout 4, which sits in 16th place overall with 472,962.

on Steam …not like the game is on a subscription anywhere:bena: