The Halo TV adaptation really puts into perspective how little people care about the property

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/rpg/fallout-76-hits-an-all-time-player-count-record-on-steam-following-the-fallout-tv-series-on-amazon-and-the-other-games-are-spiking-too/

Every Fallout game is sky rocketing in popularity. The TLOU games also saw spikes when the show came out.

Meanwhile I just checked the numbers and there was no relevant spike in Infinite's steam popularity when both seasons of the show came out.

Do people really care this little about Halo nowadays. How does this IP hold such little power?

• Twinblade★ changed the title to The Halo TV adaptation really puts into perspective how little people care about the property

“Halo is dead” isn’t really a fanboy statement anymore, little to no buzz around the show and Halo infinite probably ended up being the nail in the coffin for the games. 

Imagine if this show came out 15 years ago, at minimum it would achieve what currently Fallout or TLOU tv show achieved. 

Fallout is great btw, I can’t stop watching it and I never played one of the games for longer than about 5 hours. 

Edited by Cell

the 343 halos are trash.

the bungie halos are dated and not replayable at all (and the story went to shit almost immediately with 2). just the thought of going back to halo and killing the same 4 enemies over and over again in the same copy paste corridors listening to the same halo theme is beyond dead tired.

lmao.. you're tripping.  Halo is still a hugely popular IP.

First of all, the Halo show just wasn't done proper justice.. and people immediately saw it.

Secondly, Halo MCC has a bigger CCU peak than every Fallout except Fallout 4.. as well as TLOU.

Thirdly, Halo never had some big update when the show released to coincide with it.

You'll see just how popular it is when the next one releases on PS5 and you all buy it :geese: 

Admittedly I didn't give it much of a chance as I didn't even finish the first episode. But nothing about it compelled me to do so

If I were to rank the video game based shows i've seen (live action only)

1. Fallout

2. TLOU

3. Twisted Metal

4. The Witcher (the last season sucked)

5. Halo

2 hours ago, Remij said:

lmao.. you're tripping.  Halo is still a hugely popular IP.

First of all, the Halo show just wasn't done proper justice.. and people immediately saw it.

Secondly, Halo MCC has a bigger CCU peak than every Fallout except Fallout 4.. as well as TLOU.

Thirdly, Halo never had some big update when the show released to coincide with it.

You'll see just how popular it is when the next one releases on PS5 and you all buy it :geese: 

That’s because MCC had 10 big updates over a ten year period because it was complete shit from the start. :mj:

• Like 1

Fuck. I just want a new Fallout game. I'd take anything. 

Except FO76, I can't go back to it. I went back to see their ''big'' Atlantic city update and it was just absolute trash. 

Its absolutely embarrassing from Xbox's management that they've allowed the Halo IP to wither like this.

And Gears is not too far behind, and even Forza/Forza Horizon is starting to look shakey.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i never got into the fallout games, since 3 looked like arse on the consoles. if i were to get into one, which one should i pick?

The FO4 next gen update drops on the 25th so I think that one would be a good one to start with

New Vegas is a bit dated but it’s also held in high regard by a lot of people. I thought it was a solid game but I wasn’t blown away by it.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The FO4 next gen update drops on the 25th so I think that one would be a good one to start with

New Vegas is a bit dated but it’s also held in high regard by a lot of people. I thought it was a solid game but I wasn’t blown away by it.

nice! i have only watched 2 eps, but i absolutely love the vibe and world building, so far. i'll give 4 a shot.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

nice! i have only watched 2 eps, but i absolutely love the vibe and world building, so far. i'll give 4 a shot.

Unrelated but I've been playing Statis: Bone Totem and I think its a game you would like. Horror themed with old school point and click adventure game mechanics and puzzles.

• aitch 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

Unrelated but I've been playing Statis: Bone Totem and I think its a game you would like. Horror themed with old school point and click adventure game mechanics and puzzles.

that looks dope!

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i never got into the fallout games, since 3 looked like arse on the consoles. if i were to get into one, which one should i pick?

None. I'm serious. 

Wait for a new game. 

I man ideally it would be New Vegas but it's a buggy mess with vomit like visuals. It looked like shit when it first came out and it's even more embarrassing to look at today.

FO3 is the retarded cousin of New Vegas and also looks like complete garbage.

And if FO4 was the first game I had played in the series, I would hate the series. I think it's a terrible first choice to discover the Fallout series. I guess the map is fun to explore but you'll get bugged down in building shitty settlements and you'll hate it. The factions are all awful. It's still your best bet but you need to understand what you are getting into. 

Fallout 76, yeah no, because the story is weak shit and being limited by it's online nature. Only worthwhile if you are already a fan of the series. 

Old school Fallout games are all too ancient and badly needs of remasters.

So yeah, nothing if you want to like this series some day.

Or make sure you understand that Fallout 4 has some major fucking issues. Most notably building villages and shit just drags down the whole experience. You get constant randomly generated quests to save other settlements and it's just so boring. The actual game itself is fine.

• dead 1