The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

@Twinblade I’m on chapter 5 in Lorelei. This is definitely the best storytelling and visuals in the trilogy, but it’s not as demented, and the puzzles seem really easy. Still, I’m enjoying it a lot. 

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Twinblade I’m on chapter 5 in Lorelei. This is definitely the best storytelling and visuals in the trilogy, but it’s not as demented, and the puzzles seem really easy. Still, I’m enjoying it a lot. 

Thats surprising. Its been a while since I played Lorelai but I remember the story feeling like a bit of a downgrade compared to The Cat Lady. I also didn't find the characters to be as memorable.

If I were to rank all these games my list would like something like this

1. The Cat Lady

2. Burnhouse Lane/Downfall (having trouble deciding which of these I liked more)

3. Lorelai

I think they're all high quality games overall but Lorelai was a bit of a low point in comparison.

got a new rig a month ago, this shit is pretty cool. Remij'ing this thing is so much fun. gaytracing can be some amazing shit lol

what yo guys recommend for VR? I'm pretty sure I just grab the gabenVR 🌞

uhh where are the smileys

•  AMD Ryzen 5 7600, 6x 3.80GHz
  •  16GB DDR5 RAM 5600 MHz ADATA
  •  AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE - 16GB
  •  GIGABYTE A620M H
  •  1000 GB M.2 SSD Kingston NV2
  • aitch 2
Just now, kaz said:

got a new rig a month ago, this shit is pretty cool. Remij'ing this thing is so much fun. gaytracing can be some amazing shit lol

what yo guys recommend for VR? I'm pretty sure I just grab the gabenVR 🌞

uhh where are the smileys

•  AMD Ryzen 5 7600, 6x 3.80GHz
  •  16GB DDR5 RAM 5600 MHz ADATA
  •  AMD Radeon RX 7900 GRE - 16GB
  •  GIGABYTE A620M H
  •  1000 GB M.2 SSD Kingston NV2

:smoke: 

Grab the Quest 3.  Easily the best overall headset out there.. especially when used with Virtual Desktop.  Connects easily to PC and runs and looks beautiful :aitch: 

• Like 1
Just now, Remij said:

:smoke: 

Grab the Quest 3.  Easily the best overall headset out there.. especially when used with Virtual Desktop.  Connects easily to PC and runs and looks beautiful :aitch: 

oh fuck, I was hoping it's an easy one and everyone would say just go with steam. I wanted to sell my stupid ak skin in counter strike to buy it LMFAO

idiots paying 1k € for a stupid video game rifle skin, absolutely insane :D 

hmm will look into it

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, kaz said:

oh fuck, I was hoping it's an easy one and everyone would say just go with steam. I wanted to sell my stupid ak skin in counter strike to buy it LMFAO

idiots paying 1k € for a stupid video game rifle skin, absolutely insane :D 

hmm will look into it

Yea some people are definitely retarded when it comes to that shit.  You should take advantage of them as much as humanly possible.

I guess in your case, since you wanted to use Steam.. you could wait and see what's up with Valves new "Deckard" VR device that's coming.  It will likely be standalone, play Steam VR games, and also allow for streaming from the PC.

There's really nothing crazy happening in VR right now, so you might as well just wait until that happens.. or get the Quest 3.  Or hell, even see what's up with the PSVR2 support for PC that's coming.. though I don't recommend wired headsets anymore since the state of the art has moved forward. :shrug: 

Edited by Remij
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@David P Im a few hours into Second Story R and really enjoying it, but I just unlocked all the IC/Speciality/Crafting systems and im not gonna lie that shit is a bit overwhelming :ben: 

Just experiment and have fun. Make sure to max out the skill which reduce SP requirements for leveling up other skills.

• Upvote 1

V Rising is actually pretty fun. It feels a bit like a singleplayer MMO by yourself but the loop of gathering materials, crafting better equipment, and slowly building up your castle can be engaging. Though when it starts getting grindy or im not making much progress I start to lose interest so I just turn it off and come back to it later. Its a good game to play in short bursts.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

@David P I think I just unintentionally broke the balance in Star Ocean. I opened a crate that gets you 3 random items and one of them was this elite sword that raised my attack power by 1000 :ben: 

:D don't worry too much about it. I crafted the best sword for Claude basically in the middle of the game.

That's kind of the issue with being rewarded for doing just about everything with special items. The in-game achievement things didn't exist in the original. It was also much harder to know what you would get out of crafting.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Ha yeah that part is good. You’re pretty close to the end I think.

i did the chapter twice. i was the devil the first time and legitimately felt bad for it lol. like...that was a gut punch. i then redid it and was a guardian angel. man, the sense of satisfaction, with helping Al was amazing, it's funny how Al became such a memorable character to me, in such a short time frame. i think we all know someone broken like him - a good person who has done a bad thing under the influence. ironically, i went into this game wanting fucked up shit, yet that chapter (which was more emotional than anything) has been my favorite. i also think it's the dev's most mature work, with some fantastic storytelling.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i did the chapter twice. i was the devil the first time and legitimately felt bad for it lol. like...that was a gut punch. i then redid it and was a guardian angel. man, the sense of satisfaction, with helping Al was amazing, it's funny how Al became such a memorable character to me, in such a short time frame. i think we all know someone broken like him - a good person who has done a bad thing under the influence. ironically, i went into this game wanting fucked up shit, yet that chapter (which was more emotional than anything) has been my favorite. i also think it's the dev's most mature work, with some fantastic storytelling.

Damn you're making me want to go back and replay the game.

• aitch 1
12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Damn you're making me want to go back and replay the game.

Ha! So, I beat it and got the golden ending. As a sequel to Cat Lady and Downfall, it’s disappointing, since it’s not nearly as twisted as the other games, and the puzzles are super easy. However, as a stand alone title, it was great. Like I mentioned earlier, I feel like the characters had more emotional depth than in Downfall. I do think Cat Lady is the best of the three, juggling a fun story, depth, twisted shit and interesting puzzles. As the closing chapter to the trilogy, I rate this a 6.5 or 7. As a standalone game, I give it a 8. I really enjoyed it, even though it’s not tonally on par with the other two titles. 

edit: up next, burnhouse lane :smoke:

• aitch 1
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

Ha! So, I beat it and got the golden ending. As a sequel to Cat Lady and Downfall, it’s disappointing, since it’s not nearly as twisted as the other games, and the puzzles are super easy. However, as a stand alone title, it was great. Like I mentioned earlier, I feel like the characters had more emotional depth than in Downfall. I do think Cat Lady is the best of the three, juggling a fun story, depth, twisted shit and interesting puzzles. As the closing chapter to the trilogy, I rate this a 6.5 or 7. As a standalone game, I give it a 8. I really enjoyed it, even though it’s not tonally on par with the other two titles. 

edit: up next, burnhouse lane :smoke:

In interested in your thoughts on burnhouse lane. That’s the one most fresh in my memory and I know there’s some stuff about it that some people didn’t enjoy much.