The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

So I've been trying to kill the Pope (when you meet him again in Oerba) for almost 2 hours and I can't beat him :ben: Fuck this game

lmao is he casting doom on you? you need to level up, level up your weapons, cast haste protect shell etc etc on you, cast deprotect, deshell, slow on him then whip his ass :|

^ Smooth has it. Just cast all your buffs and duffs at the start, recast as needed, and make sure you keep your health close to max so you can survive when he casts Doom. He also gives a tell when he's about to cast Doom so make sure to switch everyone to Medic when he's casting it so you can immediately heal after the attack and res anyone who goes down. If he's still kicking you ass, then yeah, you're stuck having to level up. And I forget the ins and outs of the fight, but isn't that the fight where you want to attack him full on when he's about to cast Doom cuz that reduces its power? There's one fight like that.

Edited by Saucer

Got around to renting Heavy Rain, sucked me in and I ended up finishing it that night.

Yes, great game. It surprised me how sucked in I was. The only parts that I despised were the detective parts at his desk where you had to look at all those files. It took no real thinking, all it ended up being was time consuming and just stumbling on the correct file.

I can't imagine replaying it, either.

^ Smooth has it. Just cast all your buffs and duffs at the start, recast as needed, and make sure you keep your health close to max so you can survive when he casts Doom. He also gives a tell when he's about to cast Doom so make sure to switch everyone to Medic when he's casting it so you can immediately heal after the attack and res anyone who goes down. If he's still kicking you ass, then yeah, you're stuck having to level up.

And I forget the ins and outs of the fight, but isn't that the fight where you want to attack him full on when he's about to cast Doom cuz that reduces its power? There's one fight like that.

Most of the fight I'm trying to keep myself alive because he keeps firing all these attacks on me.

Which characters did you use?

I took a break from Demon's Soul (already played over 30 hours) and started on Darksiders which I got from gamefly. Between Bayonetta, Darksiders and the Dante's Inferno demo lets just say God of War pretty much created the blue print for action games. :reggie:

I took a break from Demon's Soul (already played over 30 hours) and started on Darksiders which I got from gamefly. Between Bayonetta, Darksiders and the Dante's Inferno demo lets just say God of War pretty much created the blue print for action games. :reggie:

Then those other games must be extremely abysmal because GoW's gameplay is repetitive. I don't play other action franchises so I can't compare, but gameplay is the last reason I play GoW. It's puzzles, level design, story, presentation, and platforming is what draw me in.

Then those other games must be extremely abysmal because GoW's gameplay is repetitive. I don't play other action franchises so I can't compare, but gameplay is the last reason I play GoW. It's puzzles, level design, story, presentation, and platforming is what draw me in.so basically GOW 3 was shit:reggie:

Then those other games must be extremely abysmal because GoW's gameplay is repetitive. I don't play other action franchises so I can't compare, but gameplay is the last reason I play GoW. It's puzzles, level design, story, presentation, and platforming is what draw me in.so basically GOW 3 was shit:reggie:Not shit, but certainly the worst of the 3.

Then those other games must be extremely abysmal because GoW's gameplay is repetitive. I don't play other action franchises so I can't compare, but gameplay is the last reason I play GoW. It's puzzles, level design, story, presentation, and platforming is what draw me in.

If you played other action franchise you would realize that they're all repetitive. You only do one thing. Go from area to area whooping ass. Some don't even have puzzles at all. Just straight up fighting.

If you played other action franchise you would realize that they're all repetitive. You only do one thing. Go from area to area whooping ass. Some don't even have puzzles at all. Just straight up fighting.

Jesus Christ, I would hate a game like that. :scared:

makes me want a new onimusha game :(

In other words you don't like the action genre.

Not at all I guess. Like I said, it's the "non-action" aspects of GoW that keep me interested.

makes me want a new onimusha game :(

hell yeah! god those games owned.

Not at all I guess. Like I said, it's the "non-action" aspects of GoW that keep me interested.

You would set yourself on fire if you played bayonetta. :scared:

i hated bayonetta

There's no doubt I would. Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo was the first time I tried out a NG game, and I got bored before the demo ended. :D