The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Played Bit.Trip Runner last night. Reviewers said there's nothing else like it, but they're wrong. It plays exactly like the on-rails vehicle stages in classic platformers like Battletoads, which were always my least favorite levels. It's hard too, but you instantly restart a level when you die, so it's not as punative. The music's great, but the graphics are uneven. Most of it has a slick look, but some of the enemies and obstacles look slapdash. My eyes also have a hard time distinguishing between the player's avatar and the background (too much computer work has killed my eyes), because the avatar is black and the game likes to use a lot of effects that exploding across the the screen. Overall a waste of $10 pretty much.

RDR is pretty awesome, unlike most open "world" games this one actually feels like one.

ya. that's the best thing the game has going for it. it actually feels pretty lifelike.

Edited by -GD-

Right when I was gonna come on here and complain about it, UPS just showed up with my copy of RDR. How the fuck do I get my 20 dollar gift card though? it wasnt in the goddamn game

You should get it in an email from amazon within a week or so

Right when I was gonna come on here and complain about it, UPS just showed up with my copy of RDR. How the fuck do I get my 20 dollar gift card though? it wasnt in the goddamn game

You should get it in an email from amazon within a week or so

WEAK

thanks for the heads up though

I didn't rent anything for most of the past 30 days, and my BB game rental coupons were going to expire. so I rented Splinter Cell conviction, and I got to rent something else today. I simply could not give a lesser shit about Conviction, its not even Splinter Cell gameplay anymore, and I have little incentive to play the stealth as perfect as possible. In previous SC games, you could tell the scripting pattern of the enemy patrol and I felt good when I played it as perfect as possible. I don't think the enemy A.I. has any discernible pattern in this game. I don't even care to pick up bodies and hide them (I don't know if the game allows you do pick up bodies, I never saw a button prompt).

it's splinter cell for idiots.

i don't even want to explore the levels, I don't give a damn about the enemies finding the dead bodies or noise, the meter onscreen tell me how far until my next checkpoint, and I just walk in that direction as directly as possible.

Finish this game quick and return it back.

it's splinter cell for idiots.

i don't even want to explore the levels, I don't give a damn about the enemies finding the dead bodies or noise, the meter onscreen tell me how far until my next checkpoint, and I just walk in that direction as directly as possible.

Finish this game quick and return it back.

lol. i can't finish games i hate.

I thought SCC was pretty awesome. Love the fast paced stealth/action. I prefer the new way it currently is, only with some tweaks to perfect it such as: - Needs more don't "don't alert anyone" set pieces. SCC only had ONE short senario like that which lasted about 5-10 minutes - Love the idea of buying/upgrading weapons. The game just shouldn't give you too many points each time you hit an achievement, or alteast make the cost of buying/upgrading higher than what it already is. - Pistol with limited ammunition and reduced Rate of Fire. The pistols in SCC were like automatic weapons, but with smaller clips - Ability to move bodies - Don't make close-quarters attacks as easy as a click of a button. I'd prefer if a *little* QTE or button-sequence event was employed.

The coop should have been the SP but the last few hours of the SP owned IMO especially that carnival level.

Anywho, playing RDR right now, game owns hard B)

rdr is pretty amazing. i love its world.

i spent so many hours just fucking around in the world. lmao there was this one dude stranded out in the open and asked for my help then he punches me out and steals my horse :D I love this game.

played 2 hours of Alan Wake an 30 mins of RDR :happysad: Alan Wake is certainly the more impressive game visually, and the story is amazing. I can't wait to play more, but now I must study for an exam and finish a 1500 word essay. -RDR looks bland as fuck. the Horse controls are quite terrible as well. Gotta get furthe rin. Wake, my god :bow: better looking than UC2

lmao. i refuse to listen to anything bodycount says about an xbox exclusive.

Same could be said about your opinions on PS3 exclusives :ben:

Btw wanna play some RDR MP?