The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

Thought I'd play Vanquish til Marvel Ultimate Alliance arrived. Spent a few hours with it now and loving it, kinda glad MUA2 is here but 1 isn't yet so I can finish off Vanquish. It sort of plays like a mixture of Lost Planet, Madworld and Wet/Max Payne. Which works out really well. Someone said they got the 1000G on ACII, I'm almost there, it's just the feathers I need to get, can't bring myself round to it though, still, hell of a lot more easier than the flags in ACI good god.

Xenoblade :bow: The scale of this game is incredible.

did you get to tephra cave yet? i kind of want to jump down that cliff next to it and into the lake....but im scared that ill die in the process :ben:

I'm past that, the boss fight was fucking cool.

I'm too scared to jump down too, waaaaaay too fucking high :ben: Though I did jump down in the lake from the cliff beside the Colony 9, felt the pressure on my balls :ben:

Xenoblade :bow: The scale of this game is incredible.

did you get to tephra cave yet? i kind of want to jump down that cliff next to it and into the lake....but im scared that ill die in the process :ben:

Gives you an achievement if you jump, you land in the water so you don't get hurt.

Age of Empires Online Level 13 (of 40) currently and having a lot of fun with it. The game has a pretty weak first couple of levels and really only provides some difficulty once you get into the double digits for levels, but the MMO-style hubworld provides enough incentive to stick through the early game until it starts getting good. Plan on picking up the premium Greek civilization early next week, the game shoves the premium content into your face a little too often. It's somewhat off-putting but everything gets unlocked for $20, I'll look it as a great $20 game instead of a solid F2P game with some annoying premium content hooks.

Age of Empires Online

Level 13 (of 40) currently and having a lot of fun with it. The game has a pretty weak first couple of levels and really only provides some difficulty once you get into the double digits for levels, but the MMO-style hubworld provides enough incentive to stick through the early game until it starts getting good.

Plan on picking up the premium Greek civilization early next week, the game shoves the premium content into your face a little too often. It's somewhat off-putting but everything gets unlocked for $20, I'll look it as a great $20 game instead of a solid F2P game with some annoying premium content hooks.

i really liked what i played of the beta but the negative feedback on the full game has sorta turned me off, not sure if i should get back into it.

Age of Empires Online

Level 13 (of 40) currently and having a lot of fun with it. The game has a pretty weak first couple of levels and really only provides some difficulty once you get into the double digits for levels, but the MMO-style hubworld provides enough incentive to stick through the early game until it starts getting good.

Plan on picking up the premium Greek civilization early next week, the game shoves the premium content into your face a little too often. It's somewhat off-putting but everything gets unlocked for $20, I'll look it as a great $20 game instead of a solid F2P game with some annoying premium content hooks.

i really liked what i played of the beta but the negative feedback on the full game has sorta turned me off, not sure if i should get back into it.

What are people saying about it?

I see lots of people complaining about how it doesn't play like AoE, but those people are retarded. I was never a huge AoE fan so there might be some subtleties I'm missing, but it plays a lot like AoE3 with an MMO-style hubworld.

Tech issues getting installed have been a problem for everybody I know who has given it a shot, we've all got it working eventually though and nothing drastic was required.

The premium content being so blatant is pretty annoying, the $20 price instead of micro-transactions is probably tough to swallow for a lot of people. It's not really game breaking though; the number difference in weapon quality is pretty minor, I have a green spear for my Pikemen that allows them to deal 12.4% more damage but a blue one that I can't use which lets them deal an 17%. When you consider the unit's default damage is 10 then that 5% damage bonus is rather irrelevant. Not being able to use advisors is pretty annoying, the advisor units are pretty fucking sweet and create a pretty stupid advantage in unraked PvP (need premium for ranked).

I think it's just mostly dumb bitching people are doing because of the pricing model, if the game came out as a $20 product then I think the reactions would be a lot more positive. F2P games bring out the worst kinds of people.

Age of Empires Online

What are people saying about it?

I see lots of people complaining about how it doesn't play like AoE, but those people are retarded. I was never a huge AoE fan so there might be some subtleties I'm missing, but it plays a lot like AoE3 with an MMO-style hubworld.

Tech issues getting installed have been a problem for everybody I know who has given it a shot, we've all got it working eventually though and nothing drastic was required.

The premium content being so blatant is pretty annoying, the $20 price instead of micro-transactions is probably tough to swallow for a lot of people. It's not really game breaking though; the number difference in weapon quality is pretty minor, I have a green spear for my Pikemen that allows them to deal 12.4% more damage but a blue one that I can't use which lets them deal an 17%. When you consider the unit's default damage is 10 then that 5% damage bonus is rather irrelevant. Not being able to use advisors is pretty annoying, the advisor units are pretty fucking sweet and create a pretty stupid advantage in unraked PvP (need premium for ranked).

I think it's just mostly dumb bitching people are doing because of the pricing model, if the game came out as a $20 product then I think the reactions would be a lot more positive. F2P games bring out the worst kinds of people.

my worry is that they're going to start charging for factions soon. The japanese were my favorite civ in AoE2 and im gonna be pissed if they end up being released as paid DLC.

They're releasing two new civilizations soon and have said they'll use the F2P with premium content model they used for Greek and Egypt. They could make the 5th and onward civs cost money to simply play, but for now it looks like Japan would be F2P with the premium pack required if you ever wanted to play them in ranked PvP.