The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls in many ways... but that's obviously just my opinion. I loved the whole Nexus and the level design was amazing. (same with Dark Souls I know) but Dark Souls has nothing as good as The Tower of Latria. And the NPCs were better in Demon's Souls. I loved how Mephistopheles actually started killing people in the Nexus if you weren't careful. And I am a huge fan of World and Character Tendencies. Demon's Souls :love:

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

What platform you get DS for GD? I'm thinking about starting a new character I I'd like to coop. I definitely know my way around the first two thirds of the game. I'm on 360.

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls in many ways... but that's obviously just my opinion. I loved the whole Nexus and the level design was amazing. (same with Dark Souls I know) but Dark Souls has nothing as good as The Tower of Latria. And the NPCs were better in Demon's Souls. I loved how Mephistopheles actually started killing people in the Nexus if you weren't careful. And I am a huge fan of World and Character Tendencies.

Demon's Souls :love:

Think Dark souls is just a more refined version. I do like some of the levels in DeSo but the world is so much cooler being connected. The upgrading and magic has all been streamlined, and the covenants really add some PvP variety.

The world tendencies was cool in theory but it was too difficult to come back from the extremes.

What platform you get DS for GD? I'm thinking about starting a new character I I'd like to coop. I definitely know my way around the first two thirds of the game. I'm on 360.

Demon's Souls is better than Dark Souls in many ways... but that's obviously just my opinion. I loved the whole Nexus and the level design was amazing. (same with Dark Souls I know) but Dark Souls has nothing as good as The Tower of Latria. And the NPCs were better in Demon's Souls. I loved how Mephistopheles actually started killing people in the Nexus if you weren't careful. And I am a huge fan of World and Character Tendencies.

Think Dark souls is just a more refined version. I do like some of the levels in DeSo but the world is so much cooler being connected. The upgrading and magic has all been streamlined, and the covenants really add some PvP variety.

The world tendencies was cool in theory but it was too difficult to come back from the extremes.

Trust me I know all about that :lol:

Getting from Pure Black to Pure White took multiple playthroughs, but fuck was the feeling of accomplishment ever great. :glad:

I agree about the world being all connected though. Dark Souls has some fucking crazy level design for sure. But Demon's Souls has the advantage of being the first game I played. I could totally see many people feeling that Dark Souls is better if it is their first experience. I agree that overall Dark Souls > Demon's Souls.

Started up Demon's Souls again.I got cursed or something in 1-1, I permanently lost 20% of my healthy :ben: Got it back after I defeated the Phalanx boss. What was that?

When you die you lose 1/2 your HP and the only way to get it back is become alive by helping someone out, invading or defeating a boss.

Look at the video I posted in the previous page and get all the items ASAP :tard:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Started up Demon's Souls again.I got cursed or something in 1-1, I permanently lost 20% of my healthy :ben: Got it back after I defeated the Phalanx boss. What was that?

When you die you lose 1/2 your HP and the only way to get it back is become alive by helping someone out, invading or defeating a boss.

Look at the video I posted in the previous page and get all the items ASAP :tard:

Shiet I finished 1-1, only area I skipped was the dragon on the hills. Was too scared to go in an open field :tard:

Can I still go back and get the items?

Edited by nit

Trust me I know all about that :lol:

Getting from Pure Black to Pure White took multiple playthroughs, but fuck was the feeling of accomplishment ever great. :glad:

world tendencies arent difficult at all to swing nor do they take mult playthroughs.

every time you load up the game and connect to the servers, your world tendencies sync with the avg tendency of all online players - and since all players are constantly beating bosses, the avg tendency is white (though not pure white). you may need to re-load a couple of times but thats it.

it does that precisely to keep it from being too difficult to "come back from the extremes" and manipulate your tendency. so after you sync servers/tendencies:

beat 1 or 2 bosses -> pure white

use ephemeral stone & kill yourself 5 times -> pure black

very simple, very easy.

I just beat mass effect 1. It's easily my favorite title in the franchise. the last few levels are insane! I'm so glad I gave it another go. Now onto 2 with my save. :smug:

fuck yeah http://systemwars.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Smileys/cool.gif ME2 might have better combat, but ME1's missions, environments and story beats are much more memorable. Edited by -CM-

I just beat mass effect 1. It's easily my favorite title in the franchise. the last few levels are insane! I'm so glad I gave it another go. Now onto 2 with my save. :smug:

MA BROTHA :bow:

yup because what are you gonna remember 10 years from now. Recruiting dudes in ME2 or the motherfucking Sovereign attackon the Citadel and the showdown with Saren :bow:

MA BROTHA :bow:

yup because what are you gonna remember 10 years from now. Recruiting dudes in ME2 or the motherfucking Sovereign attackon the Citadel and the showdown with Saren :bow:

This Edited by -GD-
Guest Golem

I'm going to get hate I'm sure... but I think Mass Effect 3 is going to get better appreciated with age. I just don't think some people are giving it the credit just yet. The squadmates weren't as diverse but some of the missions in 3 were easily my favourite of the whole series. Now you can run and tell that.

I'm going to get hate I'm sure... but I think Mass Effect 3 is going to get better appreciated with age. I just don't think some people are giving it the credit just yet. The squadmates weren't as diverse but some of the missions in 3 were easily my favourite of the whole series. Now you can run and tell that.

I do think 3 gets too much hate. I enjoyed quite a few of its missions. now after playing 1, I can see why many were disappointed by the third's ending. However, as an overall game, I thought it was great. I look forward to replaying it with my me 1+ 2 save, and seeing this "new" ending.