The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

I haven't been in much of a gaming mood lately. just been fucking around with gravity rush here and there (trying to plat it) and a couple of ios games to kill time. I would like to start yakuza 4 one of these days.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

Guest C.M.

Beat Max Payne 3 a few days ago and didn't really post my thoughts. The good - Max Payne himself is a badass dude. Voice actor was great and his dialogue had no cheese to it. - The game is oozing with atmosphere, from the dark cemetery fight with the mob to the intentionally disgusting slums of Sao Paolo - Animation is incredible and enemy deaths are very satisfying - Dark (almost too dark) story, something you don't see in many games. Cool to see this for a change, though damn is it depressing. - Level design was good. Real sense of place for all of the game's location. Loved the favela section. The not so good - Controls, they were wonky and just never felt quite tight like Vanquish or Gear's. My memory could be rough but I feel even Uncharted 3 (post patch) controlled just as well if not better. - too many cutscenes. The game takes control to the player far too many times. And you feel disoriented when a cutscene ends and a firefight ensues - general repetitiveness. A bit inherent to the genre, but repetitiveness set in for me about half way through. The game's mechanics needed a bit more depth. - on-rail segments, just not fun - lack of feedback to player when you are taking damage. Your health meter gets depleted really fast without you even realizing .I don't know if it could have been in a better position or something or if there should have been better animation or sound cues to let the player know he's taking damage. Overall I'd give it a 7/10, largely due to the presentation. There are some great shootouts throughout the game but overall the shooting could have been much better.

Edited by -CM-

Couldn't disagree more with Max as a character. "Man, I'll probably fuck shit up this time." "I always mess up." "I messed up." "Damn, I suck." Dude was so one dimensional and annoying.

Guest Golem

It's such a shame about the amount of cutscenes in MP3. It's a turn off when it comes to arcade mode when you just want to get on with the action and getting the best score.

yeah haha I probably should have tweaked the controls a bit.

game is still mediocre on PC

This

how far did you get? :D

Like 2nd last chapter, I was forcing myself to continue for the last 3 chapters but finally gave up :ben:

Couldn't disagree more with Max as a character.

"Man, I'll probably fuck shit up this time."

"I always mess up."

"I messed up."

"Damn, I suck."

Dude was so one dimensional and annoying.

Emo Payne.

Yuck, yuck, yuck, see what I did there. :ben:

Couldn't disagree more with Max as a character.

"Man, I'll probably fuck shit up this time."

"I always mess up."

"I messed up."

"Damn, I suck."

Dude was so one dimensional and annoying.

:D It was pretty damn annoying, I agree. He seemed very forced :shake:
Guest C.M.

took you long enough CM but at least you fessed up :D imagine what your score would be if you hadnt hyped it for months and were completely objective instead :ben:

I don't review shit objectively, I'm not a robot. But that was my honest opinion. :smug: Edited by -CM-