The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Im really not enthusiastic about that. If this game just had a average difficulty level I would be enjoying it more. I especially can't stand

Hide contents

these 2 phase boss fights. Probably my least favorite thing in gaming in general. Im at the King of Puppets boss fight and having to beat his first phase every single time before getting to the 2nd form just feels like an annoying waste of time.

Boss in 7 only has one health bar, but he hits hard af. 

as for the 

Spoiler

The puppet, pack a health for your spectre. Use your weaker throwables like your fire and electric  canisters in phase 1. It will speed it up. In phase 2, heal your spectre, and then nuke the boss with thermite, throwing cells and Grenades. I keep all of my weaker stuff in bag 2.  

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

The amount of shit going on in Control during fights is next level compared to anything else ive seen.   I also started playing Witcher 3 again. Damn this game is fucking awesome. It still l

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

Posted Images

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Boss in 7 only has one health bar, but he hits hard af. 

as for the 

Reveal hidden contents

The puppet, pack a health for your spectre. Use your weaker throwables like your fire and electric  canisters in phase 1. It will speed it up. In phase 2, heal your spectre, and then nuke the boss with thermite, throwing cells and Grenades. I keep all of my weaker stuff in bag 2.  

That actually worked :ben: I avoided using the throwables in the first phase because I thought they would be more useful during the 2nd phase. Im also constantly worried about wasting them unless I know im in a good position during the battle, because I don't want to have to grind to buy more If I die.

Also im using the wishstone that decreases the damage your specter receives. Is the one that heals them more effective? 

Edit: this game seems really long btw. It looks like I have at least 4 areas left.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

That actually worked :ben: I avoided using the throwables in the first phase because I thought they would be more useful during the 2nd phase. Im also constantly worried about wasting them unless I know im in a good position during the battle, because I don't want to have to grind to buy more If I die.

Also im using the wishstone that decreases the damage your specter receives. Is the one that heals them more effective? 

Edit: this game seems really long btw. It looks like I have at least 4 areas left.

I haven’t tried that wishstone yet. I believe there are 4 more main areas, so I’m about 2/3ds in. 

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

well i guess im not finishing rebirth.

Started the final stretch, went through a hour and a half worth of different bosses and boss phases but got was stuck at what I assume is the actual final boss, and decided that was enough for the night and started getting ready to go to sleep. For the hell of it I decided to see where it would put me and assumed it would be at least one or 2 boss phases back at most.....

Lo and behold the game didn't autosave AT ALL throughout that entire hour and a half, and because they were consecutive boss fights I had no chance to manually save either. And now I have to go through all that again?

I already sunk over 80 hours which was too much for this type of game, and now they want to waste more of my time because of their dated design. Yeah not gonna happen, Im too old and impatient for this.

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

well i guess im not finishing rebirth.

Started the final stretch, went through a hour and a half worth of different bosses and boss phases but got was stuck at what I assume is the actual final boss, and decided that was enough for the night and started getting ready to go to sleep. For the hell of it I decided to see where it would put me and assumed it would be at least one or 2 boss phases back at most.....

Lo and behold the game didn't autosave AT ALL throughout that entire hour and a half, and because they were consecutive boss fights I had no chance to manually save either. And now I have to go through all that again?

I already sunk over 80 hours which was too much for this type of game, and now they want to waste more of my time because of their dated design. Yeah not gonna happen, Im too old and impatient for this.

From what I've read it's really like the game doesn't respect a players time at all.

You know, all they really had to do was keep it nice and narrow and focused.  Have some wider open areas to explore on your ways between each location... keep the pacing nice and brisk.  But it sounds like they wanted to flesh out and do a lot of extra shit and just didn't have anyone to tell them to reign it in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get from the various stuff I've read and seen of it.  Like 40-50 hours per each game in the trilogy would be great.  70-80? ...that's more like mismanaged time and bad pacing... There's no need for it.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

From what I've read it's really like the game doesn't respect a players time at all.

You know, all they really had to do was keep it nice and narrow and focused.  Have some wider open areas to explore on your ways between each location... keep the pacing nice and brisk.  But it sounds like they wanted to flesh out and do a lot of extra shit and just didn't have anyone to tell them to reign it in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the impression I get from the various stuff I've read and seen of it.  Like 40-50 hours per each game in the trilogy would be great.  70-80? ...that's more like mismanaged time and bad pacing... There's no need for it.

Im not sure what their plan is for the final game but there's no way it could possibly be even bigger. In fact given how much of the original game has already been covered, if they tried to stretch out the last entry to Rebirth's length then Im convinced the final product will barely resemble FF7 at all.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I bought Rise of the Ronin….its going to be my first team ninja game in a loooong time so I’m curious to see how it is. I haven’t played any of their recent stuff outside of brief demos.

The Nioh games were very solid, the only Dark Souls clones I ever liked, personally.

• Upvote 1

Played through the Rise of The Ronin intro. Pretty cool so far. The combat reminds me a lot of Sekiro, but the parrying seems more forgiving which is nice. Im sure that might change as they introduce tougher enemies with harder to read attacks though. 

Haven't seen much of the open world yet but it seems like it has all the standard trappings of the typical open world game. 

• Upvote 1

DD2 is the next big game for me but mostly just some pallet cleansing after finishing Rebirth. Also need to get around to IW and Unicorn Overlord...

Circled back to Mario Wonder the last couple days. Just going back through levels where I missed a purple coin/exit/seed the first time through. It really is a fantastic game, my big complaint is still that it lacks the level of difficulty I like to see in a platformer - which is a shame since it would be a fantastic base for that....controls are perfect and I really enjoy the aesthetic. The only levels that really get challenging are some of the secret world stuff and tbh a lot of those rely a bit more on gimmicks than anything else. Just give me some precise jumps and well placed enemies.

Still going with Balatro, but more a couple runs here and there. Just trying to finish all the decks/difficulties. Game still slaps.

Trying to play more Helldivers 2 but I'm pretty much solo right now. My one buddies PC just hates the game for whatever reason and the other guy kind of just fell off it.

I bought Minishoot Adventure on a whim. Twinstick shooter with Metroidvania/Zelda influences. Gonna leave the video below cause I can't explain it but I think a lot of you would dig it:

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Casual said:

DD2 is the next big game for me but mostly just some pallet cleansing after finishing Rebirth. Also need to get around to IW and Unicorn Overlord...

Circled back to Mario Wonder the last couple days. Just going back through levels where I missed a purple coin/exit/seed the first time through. It really is a fantastic game, my big complaint is still that it lacks the level of difficulty I like to see in a platformer - which is a shame since it would be a fantastic base for that....controls are perfect and I really enjoy the aesthetic. The only levels that really get challenging are some of the secret world stuff and tbh a lot of those rely a bit more on gimmicks than anything else. Just give me some precise jumps and well placed enemies.

Still going with Balatro, but more a couple runs here and there. Just trying to finish all the decks/difficulties. Game still slaps.

Trying to play more Helldivers 2 but I'm pretty much solo right now. My one buddies PC just hates the game for whatever reason and the other guy kind of just fell off it.

I bought Minishoot Adventure on a whim. Twinstick shooter with Metroidvania/Zelda influences. Gonna leave the video below cause I can't explain it but I think a lot of you would dig it:

that actually looks fun!

3 hours ago, Casual said:

I just skimmed through but that game looks awesome and really unique.

Nearly 18 hours into Rise of the Ronin. The game does have a lot of Ubisoft style design where it litters the map with icons like collectibles, activities, outposts you can clear to unlock even more icons on the map, etc. But what I will say is that you can quickly breeze through a lot of stuff in a short period of time so it always feels like you're making progress regardless of how long your play sessions are (this would have been a great pick up and play game for a PC handheld). Also the game does a good job of constantly rewarding you whether it be with new loot, skill points, deeper bonds with the characters, etc.

• Upvote 2

I got a free copy of Gigantic: Rampage Edition. I don’t really like multiplayer games, but fuck it. I watched some vids, and the combat looks fun. 

• Upvote 1
On 2024-04-08 at 2:36 AM, madmaltese said:

Sifu, Roguebook as little games in between Dragon's Dogma 2 but tbh not really that much of anything. 

Roguebook is probably my fav Slay the Spire type card game though. 

i'm going to try roguebook. slay, as cool as it is, isn't as instantly gratifying. i need that dopamine lol.