The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

I'm really sorry jon. That sucks so hard. Hopefully the cat had a long, happy life up to this point at least.

13 years. Im gonna try to hold on to her to after xmas. Thanks man.

Anyway not to hijack the thread..

Control is pretty awesome. I love th sound effects. Its really fucking weird tho. You can tell its a Remedy game. And a lot of the textures never load. PC gaming GO GO

• Replies 24.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

There's this one scene in Days Gone that is a perfect example of what the game is and everything wrong with it.   

There are cheaper ways to torture yourself. Im pretty sure razor blades go for $1-$2.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

13 years. Im gonna try to hold on to her to after xmas. Thanks man.

Anyway not to hijack the thread..

Control is pretty awesome. I love th sound effects. Its really fucking weird tho. You can tell its a Remedy game. And a lot of the textures never load. PC gaming GO GO

RIP your cat.

lmao... play the game on console if you want a good laugh :hest: 

• Thanks 1

I'm playing shenmue 1 for the first time ever. Interested to explore more of the world and story but man the controls are really dated lol. It really shows you how far gaming have progressed in 20 years. But then I remember playing ps2 on ps4 games like gta, dark cloud, rougue galaxy etc and they controlled fine even by today's standards. Maybe cos ps2 games are designed with 2 sticks in mind unlike DC.

Just finished AI at around 20:30 hrs. Loved all of it. The story, writing, and characters were all fantastic. The gameplay itself is very strange to describe but I enjoyed it for what it was but was more eager to get past them to move along the story. The puzzle solving was never too much and the fast forward button was very nice to have. It’s my favorite story for a game in 2019. 

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Ike said:

Just finished AI at around 20:30 hrs. Loved all of it. The story, writing, and characters were all fantastic. The gameplay itself is very strange to describe but I enjoyed it for what it was but was more eager to get past them to move along the story. The puzzle solving was never too much and the fast forward button was very nice to have. It’s my favorite story for a game in 2019. 

I still have to start it. 

Valkyria Chronicles 4. Late to trying this game but it was on sale for like 15 bucks so figured why not?

Really enjoying it so far, I don't really like SRPGs but this one is pretty unique. I understand now why the first game has such a strong following. The story is whatever but the gameplay is just addicting and fun. I really enjoy replaying missions and trying different strategies.

23 hours ago, Ike said:

Are you sure you got all the endings? your playtime seems low, it took me 27-28 hours to get them all.

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Are you sure you got all the endings? your playtime seems low, it took me 27-28 hours to get them all.

I got the ending credit dance music video so I think that was all of them. The last sections was the epilogue so I assumed that was everything. 

What's AI?

I finally decided to play Contradiction Spot the Liar this weekend. It was on sale, and I wanted to finish something quickly.

Its not exactly what I expected, because Vinny from Giant bomb alluded to having to pay attention to the acting from the people in the FMV interview scenes, that supposedly they had visual cues to tell when they were lying.

I don't think that's the case at all. They're just acting. Hell, sometimes it felt like they were giving visual cues to things that weren't lies. So the quality of the acting is all over the place. The only thing that acting contributes to is how much you come to like the characters, which helps sell the story overall.

The story is okay, not exactly the tightest story. I was about ready to be disappointed about it because it seems like it threw out a really obvious red herring throughout most of the game, until the final story sequence was able to explain and fit in the red herring to make it make sense. So the story is okay.

Its a decent game. I'd probably play it on the phone over a lunch or something.