The Official "What Are You Playing?" Thread (Post Screens)

• Replies 25.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• -GD-X

• Twinblade

• soup

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't be playing anything for months or close to a year probably, stuck in bumfuck nowhere Montenegro in the middle of endless mountains, imagine Rocky IV's training location without the snow (yet)

since we are on the subject of boobs and a tiny waist, i found this lovely gif

I finally finished Aegis Rim     I want my fucking 40 hours back. I can't believe how absolutely SHIT that ending was. I couldn't be more disappointed right now.   I was

Posted Images

i beat alan wake

i gotta give it a 8.9

the things i didnt like:

the voice acting while not terrible wasnt good either, ms shoulda gotten the best voice actors they could find for it, it could really help in a game like this

at some spots it felt like a bad stephen king adaptation

the controls were a little iffy at spots

graphics would sometimes get last gen-ish at times but other times were great

i think technology held it back too. the cgi scenes looked low res and shadows and water look bad.

How was the ending? I've heard a lot people say its a disappointing cliffhanger. Is it unpredictable at least?

im rewatching it now trying to make sense of itI just want to know if in the end it turned out that all the monsters actualy came from his writing:happysad:

i beat alan wake

i gotta give it a 8.9

the things i didnt like:

the voice acting while not terrible wasnt good either, ms shoulda gotten the best voice actors they could find for it, it could really help in a game like this

at some spots it felt like a bad stephen king adaptation

the controls were a little iffy at spots

graphics would sometimes get last gen-ish at times but other times were great

i think technology held it back too. the cgi scenes looked low res and shadows and water look bad.

How was the ending? I've heard a lot people say its a disappointing cliffhanger. Is it unpredictable at least?

im rewatching it now trying to make sense of itI just want to know if in the end it turned out that all the monsters actualy came from his writing:happysad:

I just read a fairly comprehensive summary of the story and knowing your tastes I think you'll like the story quite a bit. I'll just tease it by saying: What if writing a book created something more existential than mere monsters?

I played some Alan Wake today. I was shocked about the graphics. They are really good and wasnt expecting that. Im not far, maybe 45 minutes so far but it gave me a really good first impression. I really wasnt thinking this game would be for me, but i think it is as long as it holds up.

I bought Alan Wake and 3D Dot Game Heroes today :) Alan Wake was cheaper for some reason even though 3D isn't a full price title, which I thought was weird. But I can't play either of them until I finish Persona 3 :mad:

After getting to Ch. 4 in AW those repetitive complaints I heard so much about are becoming more and more apparent. I'm still enjoying it though, excited to see whats up next.

After getting to Ch. 4 in AW those repetitive complaints I heard so much about are becoming more and more apparent. I'm still enjoying it though, excited to see whats up next.

it got to the point where i couldn't play it for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Lmao, I doubt it'll get to the point where I find it unplayable but it can be a bit extreme. Every area being a dark forest doesn't help its case. :ben:

Im really liking AW. Im getting owned at lovers point or whatever. There are like 6 shadow dudes owning me. I decided its time for bed :happysad: This game is refreshing though. Never really played anything like it and im diggin the story and want to know what happens next.

Guest C.M.

Lmao, I doubt it'll get to the point where I find it unplayable but it can be a bit extreme. Every area being a dark forest doesn't help its case. :ben:

I couldn't put the game down from chpt 4 to 6 :ben:

Is that the part where you're getting chased by the big dude with the axe? I had just enough ammo to kill his cronies and run by. B)

Yeah the one dude is big 2 shotgun blasts didnt take him down. I didnt know you can run away. But they bombard me:sacred:

I couldn't put the game down from chpt 4 to 6 :ben: I didnt want to put it down now:scared:

Is that the part where you're getting chased by the big dude with the axe? I had just enough ammo to kill his cronies and run by. B)

Yeah the one dude is big 2 shotgun blasts didnt take him down. I didnt know you can run away. But they bombard me:sacred: The knife dudes take 2 bullets to kill with the handgun so just take out those guys first. :happysad:

I couldn't put the game down from chpt 4 to 6 :ben: If I didn't have to get up early I wouldn't have put it down, Chapter 3 was pretty ownage.

Wish it had a fading HUD though. :fistshake:

Yeah the one dude is big 2 shotgun blasts didnt take him down. I didnt know you can run away. But they bombard me:sacred: The knife dudes take 2 bullets to kill with the handgun so just take out those guys first. :happysad: Hard when they swarm from all angles :sad:

the game would've been so much better if you could run like a normal person. one of the best parts of survival horror is the fact that you can outrun enemies, so you're not forced to keep gunning (gets old)

Yeah. :( Not really a spoiler but figured I'd hide it anyway. :ben:

Spoiler
LMAO at walking through deserted ass streets only to have cars chucked at you. :D
Thinking about it now, I'm really diggin' it. :happysad:

the game would've been so much better if you could run like a normal person. one of the best parts of survival horror is the fact that you can outrun enemies, so you're not forced to keep gunning (gets old)

It's pretty easy to run from encounters, just shine your flashlight at the enemies and they'll stop moving long enough for you to get a good reach away to rinse and repeat.

I ran from that Axe dude in Ch. 2 because I had no bullets. :happysad: